🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

My dreams come true. Which is why I was a bit freaked out on this salve I used a few days ago. VIVID dreams. Prophetic. The animals that appeared in the dream meant change is coming. Today...two days later...I got the call. There is a low income unit available now. We have been waiting 10 months for it...and today...its there. Waiting. But we declined. Upstairs, one bedroom. Its at home...so it was hard to do. Still, we cannot do stairs. And we cannot move immediately due to the hell of a mess it will cause in the switching AGAIN from county to county for medical coverage, plus giving timely notice to our housemate we truly like and will miss. Timing is just not right. So...after discussing it with the manager of the unit and MrG, we decided to pass on it and wait for the upcoming 2 bedroom that will be available anywhere from 3 months to 6 months from now.

We get to go home! Soon!
All things in time, Gracie...all things in time. Karma isn't just your furkid. I'm crossing everything that will cross for you...you and Mr.G.

I'm torn, to be honest. I want to go home. But...in a way..THIS is home now.
The tie breaker for us is...IF something happened to housemate..we would have to move again. Going home in subsidized housing..we never have to move again. And...I get my beach back.

The tie breaker for us is...IF something happened to housemate..we would have to move again. Going home in subsidized housing..we never have to move again. And...I get my beach back.
That's a tough choice, Gracie. If only there were some accommodation to be made with your current housemate? Alas, it is not your beach, and it is cold, snowy, and has unleashed dogs. Perhaps things will all fall into place, finally, for you?

It has its pros and cons here. Same as there. The clencher is...never having to move again. Housemate has relatives. If he dies before we do (he had a heart attack 3 years ago), relatives he never speaks to will descend upon this house like vultures and out we go. Again. So as much as I do like it here...our options are go home and never have to move again.

It has its pros and cons here. Same as there. The clencher is...never having to move again. Housemate has relatives. If he dies before we do (he had a heart attack 3 years ago), relatives he never speaks to will descend upon this house like vultures and out we go. Again. So as much as I do like it here...our options are go home and never have to move again.

Moving sucks. We just moved out of our house that we built and lived in for 16 years. It was a hard thing to do, but medical problems made it necessary. Hopefully you end up wherever it makes you happiest.

For us....17 years managing an apartment complex....owner died and property sold by the daughters...moved into a house and was there 13 years. Supposed to sit in rockers and watch the sunset in our older years at that house, but owner asked for it back. Wound up homeless for 3 months, found this place, been here a month. Up in the mountains. Beautiful. Cold, but so pretty. Still...4 hours from beach. I am not a mountain gal. I am a beach gal. Home is 30 years there. Here....temporary. But at least we are out of the damn car and are warm in a room with kitchen privileges.

Going home means beach again. And it will be ours. Nobody telling us we have to move because it is government controlled with us paying what we can afford. No private garden. No balconey. No small patio. Just two old people waiting to die with a bunch of other old people in the same boat.

Yes. Its hard. I'm sorry you had to do it too.

For us....17 years managing an apartment complex....owner died and property sold by the daughters...moved into a house and was there 13 years. Supposed to sit in rockers and watch the sunset in our older years at that house, but owner asked for it back. Wound up homeless for 3 months, found this place, been here a month. Up in the mountains. Beautiful. Cold, but so pretty. Still...4 hours from beach. I am not a mountain gal. I am a beach gal. Home is 30 years there. Here....temporary. But at least we are out of the damn car and are warm in a room with kitchen privileges.

Going home means beach again. And it will be ours. Nobody telling us we have to move because it is government controlled with us paying what we can afford. No private garden. No balconey. No small patio. Just two old people waiting to die with a bunch of other old people in the same boat.

Yes. Its hard. I'm sorry you had to do it too.

Well at least you got us.

I agree, moving sucks! While I hope to move only one more time, that is not to be. As it looks, I will be living in the place in Anchorage a few years longer, after I move the goats from here to Willow. The partner's injury last year looks like it will put him out to Willow before I can retire. Mixed blessings, that. I will have to commute only about 10 minutes to work for the few years I still have to commute. I will also have lots of time to clean up the hoarder's nest in Anchorage before we try to sell it. I will still be moving my stuff to Willow over the next several months. Too bad the partner will cock-block my plans for a B&B at every juncture.
I'm still crossing my hooks for the best outcome for you and Mr.G, Gracie.

Made spaghetti sauce with Italian sausage served over baked spaghetti squash. Baking as opposed to boiling the squash really brings out the nutty sweet flavor of the squash. :thup:
I love squash and sausage but a milder sausage is more my speed. Sounds like a good dinner though.
I used the mild sausage, the wife doesn't like spicy foods. Growing up the only squash I ever had was acorn squash baked with butter and brown sugar, now I eat squash of all kinds though on rare occasion I still have the acorn squash the way my mom made it.

I agree, moving sucks! While I hope to move only one more time, that is not to be. As it looks, I will be living in the place in Anchorage a few years longer, after I move the goats from here to Willow. The partner's injury last year looks like it will put him out to Willow before I can retire. Mixed blessings, that. I will have to commute only about 10 minutes to work for the few years I still have to commute. I will also have lots of time to clean up the hoarder's nest in Anchorage before we try to sell it. I will still be moving my stuff to Willow over the next several months. Too bad the partner will cock-block my plans for a B&B at every juncture.
I'm still crossing my hooks for the best outcome for you and Mr.G, Gracie.
I hope things go smoothly for you too, GW. Our housemate is going to lose us, and he said today he dreads it cuz he enjoys us being here. We enjoy him, too. I just wish it wasn't such a hoarder place and having to weave. If it was trash stuff, if the piles toppled, no worried. Its just trash stuff. But it isn't. Its very fine antiques..delicate in many areas..worth a shitload of money. Just sitting and piled and crammed and dusty. I hold my breath every time I walk past the mazes because I am afraid of knocking something over that is worth more than anything we own combined. Of course we would not be liable, but I would feel horrible if we broke something.

Made spaghetti sauce with Italian sausage served over baked spaghetti squash. Baking as opposed to boiling the squash really brings out the nutty sweet flavor of the squash. :thup:

Damn, I want spaghetti right now, but eating porridge, because food in my home suddenly ended and my schedule wouldn't give me another chance to eat till dinner!!!! :)

Cold temps here, but the killer has been those 20-30 mph winds from the North. Brutal! At least we haven't any new snow. Since the partner and I spent a fair amount of my Spring Break clearing up a surfeit of frozen precipitation, I'd be just as please not to have to repeat our labors.
Soon, I will have been doing this job, grave shift (except a few brief intervals) for 20 years. I am tired, and I am ready to retire. Since I want my retirement to be "permanent", I will continue for a few years longer until a mortgage and an auto payment are abolished. Then, I will spend my free time gardening, and husbanding my goats and chickens. Fresh milk and eggs...guess I'll be eating lots of omelets, cheese, and macaroons.

:))) It's my dream too. I already tried to live in village, but in practice I had time only for gardening, not for pets and agriculture works, because I freelanced in web, and time periods of clients activity usually coincide with periods, I need to work on farm. So, I left all farm activity, gathering money in net, and buying all I want from neighbours... I think, when I would be elder and wireless Internet faster - I'll continue this life :)

When the time comes you'll know what to do. I'll add that to the prayers and positive thoughts streaming your way. Until then embrace what joy is given to you now.

I am reminded of the conversation--Disney's new movie--between Cinderella and Mr. Lizard (the footman on her carriage that the Fairy Godmother created from a lizard.) The magic of course would end at midnight. Cinderella exited the golden carriage and looked at the steps leading up to the palace and the ball.

Cinderella: "I'm frightened Mr. Lizard."
Mr. Lizard: What?
Cinderella: I am not a princess. I am just a girl.
Mr. Lizard: And I am just a lizard, not a footman. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Really good movie by the way with just the right mix of human characters and animation. It is like living inside a fairy tale for just a little while.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot and all others we hope will find their way back.

Irish toast:
May you never forget what is worth remembering,
Or remember what is best forgotten.
May the roof above us never fall in, and may we friends gathered below never fall out.

happy-st-patricks-day_102156.jpg

I love squash and sausage but a milder sausage is more my speed. Sounds like a good dinner though.
I used the mild sausage, the wife doesn't like spicy foods. Growing up the only squash I ever had was acorn squash baked with butter and brown sugar, now I eat squash of all kinds though on rare occasion I still have the acorn squash the way my mom made it.
Baked butternut is my favorite. Spaghetti squash is good, but it's so easy to overcook. Never know how it's going to come out.

Forum List

Back