🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'm beginning to get Spring Fever even as the snow outside is piling up. Probably an additional three inches tonight, but it should be all melted off by Sunday afternoon (wishful thinking at its maximum)

I just ordered replacement flower pouches for the ones that have served me so well for the past seven growing seasons. Come Spring and the opening of the green houses, I'll stuff them full of impatiens and sweet potato vines and hand them from the railing around the North Portico with a few to spare as gifts for Mom and my brother and sister-in-law.

I have to install the automatic watering system for the window boxes. Already looking at web sites offering planting ideas for the window boxes. I've tried colea in them, but those plants are such bullies they tend to crowd out other plants. Maybe in their own containers they won't be such punks.

Daisy the Mutt and my brother's dog Teddy have been getting along famously, even as they have been left alone all day here in the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate. I haven't come to clunking their heads together like a couple of coconuts after misbehaving, but bedtime is trying as they vie for my attention and insist that I, the human, am actually their mattress and lay on me as if I was stuffed with eider down. We wrestle around, I claim my share of the bed that I paid for leaving them with just enough room to doze and dream.

Teddy kicks and runs and jumps in his sleep, Daisy has to be checked periodically to see if she's still alive as she sleeps like the dead. I tend to signal search planes and tread water in my sleep so there is all kinds of action going on atop the pillow top mattress. The brother and sister-in-law come home Monday and Teddy rejoins them that evening. Tomorrow I get to sleep in a bit, if Teddy allows me.

By the way, I hope everyone enjoys St. Patrick's Day with fun and safety. St. Patrick's Day is something like New Year's Eve in that it's like amateur night. All those folks who think they can hold their liquor try partying harder than perhaps they should. A good night not to test your car insurance coverage and stay home off the roads.

No. They are great songs. They just remind me of a different life.

Gracie I empathize with you... I have a deep connection to music from my past and can be moved to some pretty emotional feelings when in certain moods... I love the fact I have memories both good and bad and certain music triggers memories of long lost loves, friends and good times...

I think I am probably one of the few that hears a tune and thinks of a time or person in my life and not some blasted music video... Maybe my age?

Just enjoy gracie, just enjoy the memories...

Is anybody having corned beef and cabbage today? We might have cabbage.

24470b2c9645c485efe46209efe282d1.jpg
We won't be having CB&C until Sunday. Unfortunately we all work and won't have the chance until then. It's my night Sunday, so I'm cooking CB&C, boiled taters, and Irish soda bread on the side. Then more boiled taters for dessert!
The partner had corned beef for breakfast this morning, and it was the best tasting CB I've ever had. I asked the chef where he got the meat and he told me (Costco!?!) So I got some for Sunday dinner.

Gracie I empathize with you... I have a deep connection to music from my past and can be moved to some pretty emotional feelings when in certain moods... I love the fact I have memories both good and bad and certain music triggers memories of long lost loves, friends and good times...

I think I am probably one of the few that hears a tune and thinks of a time or person in my life and not some blasted music video... Maybe my age?

Isn't it the same for all of us?

GW I have conversed with several younger folks who immediately think of Music Videos... Their loss imho...

GW I have conversed with several younger folks who immediately think of Music Videos... Their loss imho...

How young? I thought that the music video channels mostly did reality TV these days. :p

Made spaghetti sauce with Italian sausage served over baked spaghetti squash. Baking as opposed to boiling the squash really brings out the nutty sweet flavor of the squash. :thup:
I love squash and sausage but a milder sausage is more my speed. Sounds like a good dinner though.
I used the mild sausage, the wife doesn't like spicy foods. Growing up the only squash I ever had was acorn squash baked with butter and brown sugar, now I eat squash of all kinds though on rare occasion I still have the acorn squash the way my mom made it.

For us it was always summer squash that we grew massive amounts of in our garden. And the way it was usually prepared was sliced thin, lightly breaded, pan fried. Quite tasty.

th
I like it raw, dipped in onion or ranch dip or cooked in dishes, never had it breaded.

Then you no doubt were not raised in the south. :)

Blue-Green-Easter-Egg-2400px_zpsx8fdxwgy.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot, SFC Ollie, and all others we hope will find their way back.

81711a82c1fbad3e6e99f8d46811f99b.jpg

Made spaghetti sauce with Italian sausage served over baked spaghetti squash. Baking as opposed to boiling the squash really brings out the nutty sweet flavor of the squash. :thup:
I love squash and sausage but a milder sausage is more my speed. Sounds like a good dinner though.
I used the mild sausage, the wife doesn't like spicy foods. Growing up the only squash I ever had was acorn squash baked with butter and brown sugar, now I eat squash of all kinds though on rare occasion I still have the acorn squash the way my mom made it.

For us it was always summer squash that we grew massive amounts of in our garden. And the way it was usually prepared was sliced thin, lightly breaded, pan fried. Quite tasty.

th
I like it raw, dipped in onion or ranch dip or cooked in dishes, never had it breaded.

Raised all over even in the south but with a Northern Michigan raised mother...........

th

Raised all over even in the south but with a Northern Michigan raised mother...........

I hear that. I was actually brought up in the southwest, but most of the moms in our little town migrated from Texas so I was brought up on Texas southern fried food and soul food.

And is anybody else seeing a large blue balloon showing up in posts now and then? It shows up in mine and also other people's now and then?

Forum List

Back