🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Okay, got back about an hour ago from an overnight in Gallup, no not the interview yet the wife just wanted to see what the area looked like. She thinks it's doable but I wasn't impressed by any stretch of the imagination............ Long drive and I will sleep well tonight.......

egg3_zps6wscu5xc.png

Okay, got back about an hour ago from an overnight in Gallup, no not the interview yet the wife just wanted to see what the area looked like. She thinks it's doable but I wasn't impressed by any stretch of the imagination............ Long drive and I will sleep well tonight.......

egg3_zps6wscu5xc.png

Wow, El Paso to Gallup and back in a day? That is a long haul. And I know what you mean. I might think long and hard about moving to Gallup--I think it might take a special kind of person to really feel at home there. But I know some good folks who are from there and have met some good people there. I suspect when the time comes, you and Mrs. R will know what you need to do.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot, SFC Ollie, and all others we hope will find their way back.

I believe in taking chances and living your life. Sometimes doors open and others close and you have to figure out which one you're going to take. I'm always for the one that's challenging.--Gisele Bundchen

7c60b4cfdf24045b380e031c8c137120.jpg

egg3_zps6wscu5xc.png

Wow, El Paso to Gallup and back in a day? That is a long haul. And I know what you mean. I might think long and hard about moving to Gallup--I think it might take a special kind of person to really feel at home there. But I know some good folks who are from there and have met some good people there. I suspect when the time comes, you and Mrs. R will know what you need to do.
Not one day, it was an overnight. If it had been a day trip I'd still be asleep and probably wouldn't wake up until Tuesday.........

I love squash!
022.gif
:)
I HATE squash! My parents grew a half dozen different squashes, each more horrid than the other and I was forced to eat it as a child. I've done just fine for the last 50 odd years without it. The ex once convinced me spaghetti squash tasted just like spaghetti and I tried it. That was 20 years ago and I never did forgive her for that.
I'm an adult. I will not eat foods just because "they are good for me", "taste like chicken" or will "put some meat on your bones".
If I want Oreos and ice cream for supper, I will have Oreos and Ice cream

What do you mean, "if you want Oreos"?

I love squash!
022.gif
:)
I HATE squash! My parents grew a half dozen different squashes, each more horrid than the other and I was forced to eat it as a child. I've done just fine for the last 50 odd years without it. The ex once convinced me spaghetti squash tasted just like spaghetti and I tried it. That was 20 years ago and I never did forgive her for that.
I'm an adult. I will not eat foods just because "they are good for me", "taste like chicken" or will "put some meat on your bones".
If I want Oreos and ice cream for supper, I will have Oreos and Ice cream
I'm sorry you were forced to eat squashes! :(
How do you feel today Ernie? I hope your health problems are fixed now! :)

egg3_zps6wscu5xc.png

Not one day, it was an overnight. If it had been a day trip I'd still be asleep and probably wouldn't wake up until Tuesday.........

One thing that occurred to me. Mrs. R might have a good shot at a good job there because not a lot of people would agree to move there. Due to a corporate buyout years ago, our son found himself without a job in a very tight job market in his field. They were living in a lovely area on the Gulf coast at the time and the best offer he got was in a very small grubby little Texas panhandle town with no scenery, no amenities. But because there was nothing better offered, he accepted and off they went. And it turned out wonderful for them. They thrived financially, found a great church, made great friends, and they loved it there and expect to retire and live out their days there.

You never know.

egg3_zps6wscu5xc.png

One thing that occurred to me. Mrs. R might have a good shot at a good job there because not a lot of people would agree to move there. Due to a corporate buyout years ago, our son found himself without a job in a very tight job market in his field. They were living in a lovely area on the Gulf coast at the time and the best offer he got was in a very small grubby little Texas panhandle town with no scenery, no amenities. But because there was nothing better offered, he accepted and off they went. And it turned out wonderful for them. They thrived financially, found a great church, made great friends, and they loved it there and expect to retire and live out their days there.

You never know.
Well this is a State job which given New Mexico's three year long budget issues could disappear if that program ultimately gets cut.

Update on April the Giraffe: Today's post.

“Keepers have noted a calming down of the calf and April carrying everything a bit towards the rear. This is exactly what we want! Wax caps are still in place. Appetite remains strong.”

Just what happened the day before I had my baby--he had been so active all along that when he settled down that day before I went into labor, I was afraid he had died. We're finally getting close, folks.
Animal Adventure Park Giraffe Cam - YouTube

I grew my first successful batch of taters last year. Saved several for seed taters for this years. Did you know, if you want to use them for seed taters, you shouldn't wash them?

People usually don't wash taters during storing and then seeding... But you should just shake the soil from them...

What was funny is it's still fairly cool up in Gallup, on the trip home we finally turned the car AC on low by the time we hit T or C, it was 90 degrees......... We woke up Saturday morning in Gallup to 28 degrees........ :lol:

Forum List

Back