🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

C7BgwqQXAAAt1yz.jpg

Okay, got back about an hour ago from an overnight in Gallup, no not the interview yet the wife just wanted to see what the area looked like. She thinks it's doable but I wasn't impressed by any stretch of the imagination............ Long drive and I will sleep well tonight.......

egg3_zps6wscu5xc.png

Wow, El Paso to Gallup and back in a day? That is a long haul. And I know what you mean. I might think long and hard about moving to Gallup--I think it might take a special kind of person to really feel at home there. But I know some good folks who are from there and have met some good people there. I suspect when the time comes, you and Mrs. R will know what you need to do.
Not one day, it was an overnight. If it had been a day trip I'd still be asleep and probably wouldn't wake up until Tuesday.........

One thing that occurred to me. Mrs. R might have a good shot at a good job there because not a lot of people would agree to move there. Due to a corporate buyout years ago, our son found himself without a job in a very tight job market in his field. They were living in a lovely area on the Gulf coast at the time and the best offer he got was in a very small grubby little Texas panhandle town with no scenery, no amenities. But because there was nothing better offered, he accepted and off they went. And it turned out wonderful for them. They thrived financially, found a great church, made great friends, and they loved it there and expect to retire and live out their days there.

You never know.
Well this is a State job which given New Mexico's three year long budget issues could disappear if that program ultimately gets cut.

That is something to consider. I'm not sure if state jobs work like federal jobs where people are just moved around as old jobs are eliminated and new jobs created.

Okay, got back about an hour ago from an overnight in Gallup, no not the interview yet the wife just wanted to see what the area looked like. She thinks it's doable but I wasn't impressed by any stretch of the imagination............ Long drive and I will sleep well tonight.......

egg3_zps6wscu5xc.png

Wow, El Paso to Gallup and back in a day? That is a long haul. And I know what you mean. I might think long and hard about moving to Gallup--I think it might take a special kind of person to really feel at home there. But I know some good folks who are from there and have met some good people there. I suspect when the time comes, you and Mrs. R will know what you need to do.
Not one day, it was an overnight. If it had been a day trip I'd still be asleep and probably wouldn't wake up until Tuesday.........

One thing that occurred to me. Mrs. R might have a good shot at a good job there because not a lot of people would agree to move there. Due to a corporate buyout years ago, our son found himself without a job in a very tight job market in his field. They were living in a lovely area on the Gulf coast at the time and the best offer he got was in a very small grubby little Texas panhandle town with no scenery, no amenities. But because there was nothing better offered, he accepted and off they went. And it turned out wonderful for them. They thrived financially, found a great church, made great friends, and they loved it there and expect to retire and live out their days there.

You never know.
Well this is a State job which given New Mexico's three year long budget issues could disappear if that program ultimately gets cut.

That is something to consider. I'm not sure if state jobs work like federal jobs where people are just moved around as old jobs are eliminated and new jobs created.
Probably not but there are other potential positives, once in the system it is easier to move to another in-State job elsewhere.

Finally back.....this round. What an exhausting job it is buying a house, and moving, and traveling, and staying in motels. :eek:

Finally back.....this round. What an exhausting job it is buying a house, and moving, and traveling, and staying in motels. :eek:

What is it now though--less than two months and you'll be in your new home, getting settled, and how hard it is won't seem so hard.

Then more boiled taters for dessert!

View attachment 117223

I love tators...
Those look so good. I just leave them in the pot so they stay hot and when I smoosh them, the butter melts and I also put a nice dollop of sour cream on top.

My son in law makes smashed potatoes. Just like that but at the end, he uses a masher and presses them down for you.

I love taters too. :)
ve

View attachment 117223

I love tators...
Those look so good. I just leave them in the pot so they stay hot and when I smoosh them, the butter melts and I also put a nice dollop of sour cream on top.

My son in law makes smashed potatoes. Just like that but at the end, he uses a masher and presses them down for you.

Have you ever tried colcannon? It's a traditional Irish dish and one of my favorites, especially this time of year.

View attachment 117223

I love tators...

ve

View attachment 117223

I love tators...

Have you ever tried colcannon? It's a traditional Irish dish and one of my favorites, especially this time of year.
I had to look it up. It looks really good. I love cabbage too.

View attachment 117223

I love tators...

ve

View attachment 117223

I love tators...

Cabbage or kale, with lots and lots of butter! Now that's comfort food in my book! And it's simple to make.

View attachment 117223

I love tators...

ve

View attachment 117223

I love tators...

Cabbage or kale, with lots and lots of butter! Now that's comfort food in my book! And it's simple to make.
It is simple, I'll try it. :)

Tonight is my night to cook dinner and we will be having a belated traditional meal of corned beef and cabbage. The corned beef was recommended by a chef friend of mine who serves it in his restaurant. It's the best I've ever had. We'll also have fresh-baked Irish soda bread and a berry pie. Irish fare is pretty simple, and is "soul food" for Irishmen.

We who have military families sympathize with you,Kat . Consider: Move household goods, car and family of 4 from Maryland to Washington state. Then a move with all that stuff back to Maryland, then to Columbus, Ga., back to MD, to Ft. Campbell,KY. Then it's off to Germany, another move back to Maryland. Next is a move back to Germany, next is Ft Leonard Wood, MO. and finally to a homestead in Charlotte.That's 9 moves in 20 years with more family and accumulated junk and stuff. The moves back to Maryland was for the family to stay while I vacationed for a year in Korea or Vietnam twice. Yer darn right! Moving is a chore

View attachment 117223

I love tators...

ve

View attachment 117223

I love tators...

Looks like the Irish version of bubble and squeak.

I love squash!
022.gif
:)
I HATE squash! My parents grew a half dozen different squashes, each more horrid than the other and I was forced to eat it as a child. I've done just fine for the last 50 odd years without it. The ex once convinced me spaghetti squash tasted just like spaghetti and I tried it. That was 20 years ago and I never did forgive her for that.
I'm an adult. I will not eat foods just because "they are good for me", "taste like chicken" or will "put some meat on your bones".
If I want Oreos and ice cream for supper, I will have Oreos and Ice cream
I'm sorry you were forced to eat squashes! :(
How do you feel today Ernie? I hope your health problems are fixed now! :)
My health problems will take a couple months, perhaps longer to "fix", but I am making progress every day. I spent an hour out on the deck today and treated myself to a $30 cigar. I have managed to get to where I can pretty much take care of myself, short of laundry and getting to my vehicle to drive away. It will be at least 2 weeks before I can drive or eve put weight on my left foot.

Forum List

Back