🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Then more boiled taters for dessert!

View attachment 117223

I love tators...
Those look so good. I just leave them in the pot so they stay hot and when I smoosh them, the butter melts and I also put a nice dollop of sour cream on top.

My son in law makes smashed potatoes. Just like that but at the end, he uses a masher and presses them down for you.

I love taters too. :)
ve
Then more boiled taters for dessert!

View attachment 117223

I love tators...
Those look so good. I just leave them in the pot so they stay hot and when I smoosh them, the butter melts and I also put a nice dollop of sour cream on top.

My son in law makes smashed potatoes. Just like that but at the end, he uses a masher and presses them down for you.

Have you ever tried colcannon? It's a traditional Irish dish and one of my favorites, especially this time of year.
I had to look it up. It looks really good. I love cabbage too.
Cabbage or kale, with lots and lots of butter! Now that's comfort food in my book! And it's simple to make.

I usually use mayonnaise with cabbage. How it could be - to eat butter with it?

Another recipe - to stew cabbage with tomato sauce and sausages :)

P.S. Hmm, now I understand - it's a close for my second recipe... It's in interesting, I'll try to make the same next days, when I would have time and will :)

Chocolate-Easter-Eggs-PNG-233x279_zpsm4dkmcya.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ve

Have you ever tried colcannon? It's a traditional Irish dish and one of my favorites, especially this time of year.
Cabbage or kale, with lots and lots of butter! Now that's comfort food in my book! And it's simple to make.

P.S. Hmm, now I understand - it's a close for my second recipe... It's in interesting, I'll try to make the same next days, when I would have time and will :)

When you say mayo with cabbage is that something like coleslaw? I love that with chicken or ham.

ve

Mashed potatoes are best with butter. I like my steamed cabbage with vinegar and boiled potatoes and corned beef with mustard. I'll admit, I did pick up the taste for french fries with mayonnaise when I lived in Europe.

ve

When you say mayo with cabbage is that something like coleslaw? I love that with chicken or ham.

Yes, fresh cabbage witj mayo. You could add conservated green pease too... Someone adds boiled eggs or fresh cucumber. Ham or chicken is good, but I prefer them in "olivie" - with same green pease, boiled eggs, but with conservated cucumber, potato and maybe carrots with mayo. And without cabbage. Like this:
i

ve

Yes, fresh cabbage witj mayo. You could add conservated green pease too... Someone adds boiled eggs or fresh cucumber. Ham or chicken is good, but I prefer them in "olivie" - with same green pease, boiled eggs, but with conservated cucumber, potato and maybe carrots with mayo. And without cabbage. Like this:
i
Looks like my kind of dish. :)

Finally back.....this round. What an exhausting job it is buying a house, and moving, and traveling, and staying in motels. :eek:
We who have military families sympathize with you,Kat . Consider: Move household goods, car and family of 4 from Maryland to Washington state. Then a move with all that stuff back to Maryland, then to Columbus, Ga., back to MD, to Ft. Campbell,KY. Then it's off to Germany, another move back to Maryland. Next is a move back to Germany, next is Ft Leonard Wood, MO. and finally to a homestead in Charlotte.That's 9 moves in 20 years with more family and accumulated junk and stuff. The moves back to Maryland was for the family to stay while I vacationed for a year in Korea or Vietnam twice. Yer darn right! Moving is a chore

I can relate as Hombre was transferred a LOT in our younger days and it sometimes took two or three houses in a town before we were fully settled. So we have moved 20 times in all. We have moving down to a fine science but evenso, it is a day's hard work or longer at best.

I love squash!
022.gif
:)
I HATE squash! My parents grew a half dozen different squashes, each more horrid than the other and I was forced to eat it as a child. I've done just fine for the last 50 odd years without it. The ex once convinced me spaghetti squash tasted just like spaghetti and I tried it. That was 20 years ago and I never did forgive her for that.
I'm an adult. I will not eat foods just because "they are good for me", "taste like chicken" or will "put some meat on your bones".
If I want Oreos and ice cream for supper, I will have Oreos and Ice cream
I'm sorry you were forced to eat squashes! :(
How do you feel today Ernie? I hope your health problems are fixed now! :)
My health problems will take a couple months, perhaps longer to "fix", but I am making progress every day. I spent an hour out on the deck today and treated myself to a $30 cigar. I have managed to get to where I can pretty much take care of myself, short of laundry and getting to my vehicle to drive away. It will be at least 2 weeks before I can drive or eve put weight on my left foot.
How did you break your leg? The "concrete dust in my hair" thing has had me wondering. Were you caught in a tornado, or did the concrete dust come from your cast?

ve

I see that Coyote or somebody is hiding Easter eggs in the Coffee Shop again. :)

These Golden Labs have the prettiest faces.
Mine does.......... :eusa_whistle:

william-steig-changing-lead-into-gold-why-do-you-ask-new-yorker-cartoon.jpg
Ours does too. Pretty face, white teeth, clear eyes, very alert. We, by we = daughter's doggies, also have a funny and cute Pekingese. That Lab is still the pretty one. :)
Guess my pun fell flat........ All that work for nuttin'....... I haz a sad. :cry:
Yes. Sorry.

One of the problems with living the way I do: businesses find it difficult to confirm I am who I say I am. I'm trying to open a bank account with an online bank, this morning I see that there are issues and I can't log in. I call the number, which gets me sent to another number, and the woman who speaks to me both finds a number of listings in a basic search of my name (not a particularly common name, so that's surprising), and cannot confirm who I am based on the information I've given. I just scanned and emailed some documents to try to prove my ID. It's annoying that almost everyone who asks for proof of ID asks for a bill. I don't have any bills! :lol: That's one of the best things about my job, I don't have to deal with bills. :) Luckily I've kept mail from the IRS around, that ought to suffice.

I've had an issue like this before, maybe a decade ago. A major bank refused to open an account because they couldn't find a credit score listed for me. I wasn't asking for a loan or anything, just planning to open a savings or checking account, so my credit score didn't seem all that important, but oh well. Just another example of why I don't like adulting. :p

ve

I see that Coyote or somebody is hiding Easter eggs in the Coffee Shop again. :)

Yeah, I see them too, but I'm not so qualified, as hackers, to make any joke for responce :)

I'll admit, I did pick up the taste for french fries with mayonnaise when I lived in Europe.

Pommes Frites, mayonnaise and a couple of liters of beer... :beer:

2283568606_d191f4d7c9_z.jpg

Mayo on french fries doesn't sound good to me at all. If I put anything on my french fries, I want ketchup. Nothing else will do.

Foxy, I think you are drinking the wrong kind of beer... I think you would be surprised at the taste...

I'll admit, I did pick up the taste for french fries with mayonnaise when I lived in Europe.

Pommes Frites, mayonnaise and a couple of liters of beer... :beer:

2283568606_d191f4d7c9_z.jpg

Mayo on french fries doesn't sound good to me at all. If I put anything on my french fries, I want ketchup. Nothing else will do.

Fries shouldn't have anything put on them, other than seasoning. ;)
And that seasoning is only salt....... unless it's boardwalk style fries then it's malted vinegar....... :thup:

Forum List

Back