🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot, SFC Ollie, and all others we hope will find their way back.

We almost let it get by unacknowledged, but today was the vernal equinox. Spring has officially arrived.

4500954856_1d1ff8f4fa.jpg

Just gorgeous!

By the way, you guys got me wondering, and I had a cabbage I needed to use before it went bad, so I hunted up a good looking recipe and made some colcannon for dinner tonight. It was pretty good for my first attempt I think. We ate it all anyway.

Ah Colcannon. That's what I would have suggested, good choice. Used to make it for Hallowe'en.

I'll admit, I did pick up the taste for french fries with mayonnaise when I lived in Europe.

Pommes Frites, mayonnaise and a couple of liters of beer... :beer:

2283568606_d191f4d7c9_z.jpg

Mayo on french fries doesn't sound good to me at all. If I put anything on my french fries, I want ketchup. Nothing else will do.

Foxy, I think you are drinking the wrong kind of beer... I think you would be surprised at the taste...

Hmm, which sort of beer do you prefer? As for me, it seems, I'm returning to light sorts, till the "Faxe" and "Bud", which are like a mineral water by consistency :)

But still prefer not conservated, but fresh brewed beer...

By the way, you guys got me wondering, and I had a cabbage I needed to use before it went bad, so I hunted up a good looking recipe and made some colcannon for dinner tonight. It was pretty good for my first attempt I think. We ate it all anyway.
I love cabbage. In coleslaw, sauerkraut, cooked with corned beef (yum), stuffed with ground beef and other ways. But my favorite cabbage meal is to separate the leaves of the cooked cabbage and fry it until it starts to char. Frying seems to give cabbage a whole new flavor.

Mayo on french fries doesn't sound good to me at all. If I put anything on my french fries, I want ketchup. Nothing else will do.

Fries shouldn't have anything put on them, other than seasoning. ;)
I like dipping them in my chocolate shake. :)

Ack! No salty fries in my shake! :p
Its good. I like potato chips and white milk too.
You're strange......... :lol:

I love cabbage. In coleslaw, sauerkraut, cooked with corned beef (yum), stuffed with ground beef and other ways. But my favorite cabbage meal is to separate the leaves of the cooked cabbage and fry it until it starts to char. Frying seems to give cabbage a whole new flavor.

Interesting. I'll have to try that. We do love our cabbage.

Ah Colcannon. That's what I would have suggested, good choice. Used to make it for Hallowe'en.

Hmmm. Irish and Halloween. Okay. :)

I'll admit, I did pick up the taste for french fries with mayonnaise when I lived in Europe.

Mayo on fries is pretty tasty, but nowadays it's doubling down on the grease, carbs, and calories I don't need, or want.

Maybe that's it. I've learned to make fries with minimum fat loading and I don't want the extra fat and calories in the mayo. Ketchup even with the sugar content, just seems healthier.

The eyes getting fuzzier with age is usually a detriment but it also brings some chuckles. At first glance I read the above sentence as

"I've learned to make fries with aluminum fat loading"

-- and briefly tossed in my head, does she mean she has an aluminum fat loader machine? Or she loads aluminum fat on there? :eusa_think:

Things that make ya go hmmm.....

Yup. Because I'm Irish and I'm scary. :eek:

It's traditional at Hallowe'en actually. And it involves cooking a trinket in there that bestows some special favor to whoever gets it, something like the New Orleans king cake tradition.

I love squash!
022.gif
:)
I HATE squash! My parents grew a half dozen different squashes, each more horrid than the other and I was forced to eat it as a child. I've done just fine for the last 50 odd years without it. The ex once convinced me spaghetti squash tasted just like spaghetti and I tried it. That was 20 years ago and I never did forgive her for that.
I'm an adult. I will not eat foods just because "they are good for me", "taste like chicken" or will "put some meat on your bones".
If I want Oreos and ice cream for supper, I will have Oreos and Ice cream
I'm sorry you were forced to eat squashes! :(
How do you feel today Ernie? I hope your health problems are fixed now! :)
My health problems will take a couple months, perhaps longer to "fix", but I am making progress every day. I spent an hour out on the deck today and treated myself to a $30 cigar. I have managed to get to where I can pretty much take care of myself, short of laundry and getting to my vehicle to drive away. It will be at least 2 weeks before I can drive or eve put weight on my left foot.
Oh...I'm sorry you're not ok now Ernie! I thought your problems were almost solved.
Anyway you will see everything will be ok in a few weeks or less maybe :bye1:

Try the chips and milk. A couple of chips, a drink of milk and you'll see, I have something here.

Try the chips and milk. A couple of chips, a drink of milk and you'll see, I have something here.
The problem is I don't really like milk, never had. My mom told me when I was a baby I refused to drink milk, the doctors told her I would die if she couldn't get me to drink milk, she tried everything and i would just toss the bottle out of the crib. Finally she handed me a glass of milk, I tossed it, tried again and I wouldn't even take it finally she got so frustrated she screamed at me, threw the milk on me, refilled the glass........ I took it and drank the milk....... :lol:
Nowadays I have to have the milk ice cold with cereal as for drinking it....... Only on rare occasions and only iced to almost freezing.

Interesting. I'll have to try that. We do love our cabbage.
I forgot about kimchi or kimchee. A Korean tradition. I don't think the kimchi at Walmart or in Korean restaurants is half as potent as the native recipe. The kimchi in Korea after eating, will cause you to make people's eyes water when you breathe on them. Almost as bad as eating ramps in Northern West Virginia. School bus drivers wouldn't let students on the bus if you ate ramps the day before. When you finally got to school the teacher made you sit in the back of the room.

The problem is I don't really like milk, never had. My mom told me when I was a baby I refused to drink milk, the doctors told her I would die if she couldn't get me to drink milk, she tried everything and i would just toss the bottle out of the crib. Finally she handed me a glass of milk, I tossed it, tried again and I wouldn't even take it finally she got so frustrated she screamed at me, threw the milk on me, refilled the glass........ I took it and drank the milk....... :lol:
Nowadays I have to have the milk ice cold with cereal as for drinking it....... Only on rare occasions and only iced to almost freezing.
iShouter12.gif
:D

iShouter12.gif
I like milk very cold too. I love it with spicier chili. If you eat something that's really burning your tongue, you need something alkaline like milk or cheese.

I drink it with Mexican food and Tony Packo's (Hungarian)

Yup. Because I'm Irish and I'm scary. :eek:

It's traditional at Hallowe'en actually. And it involves cooking a trinket in there that bestows some special favor to whoever gets it, something like the New Orleans king cake tradition.

iShouter12.gif
I like milk very cold too. I love it with spicier chili. If you eat something that's really burning your tongue, you need something alkaline like milk or cheese.

I drink it with Mexican food and Tony Packo's (Hungarian)

I don't drink milk any more (drank it like water when I was a kid) but after a nice spicy meal I like kheer after an Indian meal (a rice pudding) or sangkaya after a hot Thai meal, which is a sticky rice in coconut custard. And it is to die for.

Forum List

Back