🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

And that seasoning is only salt....... unless it's boardwalk style fries then it's malted vinegar....... :thup:

You don't add fries to your salt?
That was my mom........ but she added everything to salt.......

I don't think we salt excessively, but nothing annoys me more than to order a nice restaurant dinner and everything arrives bland and not seasoned with ANYTHING. The quality of the food itself and the seasoning is everything. So I may salt more than the average doctor or dietitian would recommend, and I try hard not to salt too much, but my food is seasoned and tastes good.
Carry a bottle of Texas Pete like Hillary does.

Peanut butter or mashed potatoes and Navy bean sandwiches are tasty too. Gotta use the PB or mashed taters so the beans wont fall out of the bread.:biggrin:
Just kidding here.

And that seasoning is only salt....... unless it's boardwalk style fries then it's malted vinegar....... :thup:

I don't think we salt excessively, but nothing annoys me more than to order a nice restaurant dinner and everything arrives bland and not seasoned with ANYTHING. The quality of the food itself and the seasoning is everything. So I may salt more than the average doctor or dietitian would recommend, and I try hard not to salt too much, but my food is seasoned and tastes good.
There are some things, like potatoes and pasta that MUST be cooked in salted water or no amount of seasoning afterward will help.

Agree. Rice falls in that category too.

Mayo on french fries doesn't sound good to me at all. If I put anything on my french fries, I want ketchup. Nothing else will do.

Fries shouldn't have anything put on them, other than seasoning. ;)
I like dipping them in my chocolate shake. :)

Ack! No salty fries in my shake! :p
Its good. I like potato chips and white milk too.
Vanilla ice cream on saltine crackers.
Try it before you say anything.
You people are weird........ :D

Carry a bottle of Texas Pete like Hillary does.

I have my favorites too. But I can't run a kitchen without the basics; i.e. salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, ketchup, mayonnaise (preferably Miracle Whip), basalmic and apple cider vinegar, mustard, cinnamon, cloves, honey/sugar, vanilla extract. All other seasonings are optional depending on the recipe or the result I wish to obtain though I do have a well stocked spice rack.

Last edited:
You're strange......... :lol:
Try the chips and milk. A couple of chips, a drink of milk and you'll see, I have something here.
The problem is I don't really like milk, never had. My mom told me when I was a baby I refused to drink milk, the doctors told her I would die if she couldn't get me to drink milk, she tried everything and i would just toss the bottle out of the crib. Finally she handed me a glass of milk, I tossed it, tried again and I wouldn't even take it finally she got so frustrated she screamed at me, threw the milk on me, refilled the glass........ I took it and drank the milk....... :lol:
Nowadays I have to have the milk ice cold with cereal as for drinking it....... Only on rare occasions and only iced to almost freezing.

Beware of iced milk, one relative of my grandma died, because of drank cold milk after the summer day...
In villages here you could buy a 3 liter of natural milk for about of 1$ - it's very tasty, but non-comfortable for some stomaches... :) Milk from shops not so tasty...
I have milk with cereal maybe two or three times a week.

Try the chips and milk. A couple of chips, a drink of milk and you'll see, I have something here.
The problem is I don't really like milk, never had. My mom told me when I was a baby I refused to drink milk, the doctors told her I would die if she couldn't get me to drink milk, she tried everything and i would just toss the bottle out of the crib. Finally she handed me a glass of milk, I tossed it, tried again and I wouldn't even take it finally she got so frustrated she screamed at me, threw the milk on me, refilled the glass........ I took it and drank the milk....... :lol:
Nowadays I have to have the milk ice cold with cereal as for drinking it....... Only on rare occasions and only iced to almost freezing.
iShouter12.gif
:D

How about kefir with sweet jam? :)

That must be a Russian thing. :) I looked up kefir and it definitely is not a staple in my kitchen. :)

Beware of iced milk, one relative of my grandma died, because of drank cold milk after the summer day...
In villages here you could buy a 3 liter of natural milk for about of 1$ - it's very tasty, but non-comfortable for some stomaches... :) Milk from shops not so tasty...

Me too, plus oatmeal once in awhile.

So is the wife, she likes bananas with Ritz crackers.

Mayo on french fries doesn't sound good to me at all. If I put anything on my french fries, I want ketchup. Nothing else will do.

I can see how that could work--I do have some dessert recipes using saltines or other kinds of salty crackers.

But a smear of Miracle Whip on a saltine makes a tasty snack for me. Hombre prefers peanut butter or cheddar cheese on his saltine snacks

I don't use milk in oatmeal, I do however use fruits, maple syrup and a little canola butter. Also I occasionally add pecans or walnuts.

Cream cheese and ritz crackers => good. Maybe a few slices of apple, gotta have the fiber.

I don't use milk in oatmeal, I do however use fruits, maple syrup and a little canola butter.

We like our oatmeal pretty plain with a dollop of real butter and a sprinkle of brown sugar. No milk because I prepare it to a texture that doesn't need any thinning down.

Cream cheese and ritz crackers => good. Maybe a few slices of apple, gotta have the fiber.

Oh yes. Sliced apple is frequently on our quick treat munchie tray. I want plain cream cheese on Trisket crackers though. Got spoiled to that years ago and no other combination tastes as good to me. The flavored cream cheeses go on bagels.

Last edited:

I don't use milk in oatmeal, I do however use fruits, maple syrup and a little canola butter. Also I occasionally add pecans or walnuts.

Gotta have the milk, but no butter or syrup. There's a Truvia brown suger product out that reduces the calories by 75%. Not half bad, we add someheart-healthy, California walnuts to the oatmeal. Anybody else see those commercials?

There are some things, like potatoes and pasta that MUST be cooked in salted water or no amount of seasoning afterward will help.
Also, you need more than just a couple shakes of salt for the pasta water. You can add some of that water to a too thick pasta sauce.

Oh did you get butter and a splash of milk on your oatmeal too? Also, we got peanut butter on the bologna sandwiches too.

:)

I don't use milk in oatmeal, I do however use fruits, maple syrup and a little canola butter.

We like our oatmeal pretty plain with a dollop of real butter and a sprinkle of brown sugar.
Something I used to do but not any more is make grits with crumbled bacon, cheese and lots of butter. Nowadays I'd have to have my arteries scrubbed if I ate that..........

Gotta have the milk, but no butter or syrup. There's a Truvia brown suger product out that reduces the calories by 75%. Not half bad, we add someheart-healthy, California walnuts to the oatmeal. Anybody else see those commercials?
I tried Truvia before but can't get past the after taste.

Also, you need more than just a

Oh did you get butter and a splash of milk on your oatmeal too? Also, we got peanut butter on the bologna sandwiches too.

My dad used to put peanut butter on hot dogs........

Also, you need more than just a

Never tried either one.

Forum List

Back