🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

I love squash!
022.gif
:)
I HATE squash! My parents grew a half dozen different squashes, each more horrid than the other and I was forced to eat it as a child. I've done just fine for the last 50 odd years without it. The ex once convinced me spaghetti squash tasted just like spaghetti and I tried it. That was 20 years ago and I never did forgive her for that.
I'm an adult. I will not eat foods just because "they are good for me", "taste like chicken" or will "put some meat on your bones".
If I want Oreos and ice cream for supper, I will have Oreos and Ice cream
I'm sorry you were forced to eat squashes! :(
How do you feel today Ernie? I hope your health problems are fixed now! :)
My health problems will take a couple months, perhaps longer to "fix", but I am making progress every day. I spent an hour out on the deck today and treated myself to a $30 cigar. I have managed to get to where I can pretty much take care of myself, short of laundry and getting to my vehicle to drive away. It will be at least 2 weeks before I can drive or eve put weight on my left foot.
How did you break your leg? The "concrete dust in my hair" thing has had me wondering. Were you caught in a tornado, or did the concrete dust come from your cast?
I was demolishing a glass block wall to salvage the 10" by 10" by 4" hollow glass blocks. They were assembled with concrete mortar like a brick wall. I was cutting the mortar joints with a diamond saw (dust in hair). Unfortunately for me, the blocks in the wall (50 inches high and 20 feet long) were attached to each other better than to the floor. The wall fell over, pinning me underneath.
Oh God. We're lucky to have you with us to tell THAT tale.

Its good. I like potato chips and white milk too.
You're strange......... :lol:
Try the chips and milk. A couple of chips, a drink of milk and you'll see, I have something here.
The problem is I don't really like milk, never had. My mom told me when I was a baby I refused to drink milk, the doctors told her I would die if she couldn't get me to drink milk, she tried everything and i would just toss the bottle out of the crib. Finally she handed me a glass of milk, I tossed it, tried again and I wouldn't even take it finally she got so frustrated she screamed at me, threw the milk on me, refilled the glass........ I took it and drank the milk....... :lol:
Nowadays I have to have the milk ice cold with cereal as for drinking it....... Only on rare occasions and only iced to almost freezing.
iShouter12.gif
:D
I like milk very cold too. I love it with spicier chili. If you eat something that's really burning your tongue, you need something alkaline like milk or cheese.

I drink it with Mexican food and Tony Packo's (Hungarian)
I like cold milk too Sarah G but only with chocolate!
016.gif

icon_biggrin1.gif

Pommes Frites, mayonnaise and a couple of liters of beer... :beer:

2283568606_d191f4d7c9_z.jpg

Mayo on french fries doesn't sound good to me at all. If I put anything on my french fries, I want ketchup. Nothing else will do.

Fries shouldn't have anything put on them, other than seasoning. ;)
I like dipping them in my chocolate shake. :)

Ack! No salty fries in my shake! :p
Vanilla ice cream on saltine crackers.
Try it before you say anything.

Try the chips and milk. A couple of chips, a drink of milk and you'll see, I have something here.
The problem is I don't really like milk, never had. My mom told me when I was a baby I refused to drink milk, the doctors told her I would die if she couldn't get me to drink milk, she tried everything and i would just toss the bottle out of the crib. Finally she handed me a glass of milk, I tossed it, tried again and I wouldn't even take it finally she got so frustrated she screamed at me, threw the milk on me, refilled the glass........ I took it and drank the milk....... :lol:
Nowadays I have to have the milk ice cold with cereal as for drinking it....... Only on rare occasions and only iced to almost freezing.
iShouter12.gif
I like milk very cold too. I love it with spicier chili. If you eat something that's really burning your tongue, you need something alkaline like milk or cheese.

016.gif

icon_biggrin1.gif
Chocolate milk or white milk with chocolate? :)

Mayo on french fries doesn't sound good to me at all. If I put anything on my french fries, I want ketchup. Nothing else will do.

I will take that challenge!

iShouter12.gif

Actually, it's not milk being alkaline that helps. Apparently milk binds to the capsaicin which fools our nervous system into thinking spicy food is hot, which lessens the effect. Water, on the other hand, simply spreads the capsaicin. It is supposedly similar to the way grease reacts to detergent vs water. In fact, from what I've read, dairy tends to be just slightly acidic. Fresh cow's milk has a pH of somewhere from 6 - 6.8.

Why Does Chilli Burn, And Why Does Milk Help Soothe The Pain?

What is the pH level of milk?
Food and Foodstuff - pH Values

Nope, not going to try that. :lol:

I do peanut butter on saltines, that's good enough for me. ;)

iShouter12.gif

016.gif

icon_biggrin1.gif
Chocolate milk
icon_aww.gif

iShouter12.gif

016.gif

icon_biggrin1.gif
Chocolate milk
icon_aww.gif

No strawberry milk? That's yummy. :)

Beware of iced milk, one relative of my grandma died, because of drank cold milk after the summer day...
In villages here you could buy a 3 liter of natural milk for about of 1$ - it's very tasty, but non-comfortable for some stomaches... :) Milk from shops not so tasty...

iShouter12.gif

How about kefir with sweet jam? :)

Nope, not going to try that. :lol:

I do peanut butter on saltines, that's good enough for me. ;)
LOL. I like crackers and pb, too. Ice cream on saltines is an old family recipe, from when I was 4 and my mom was in the hospital and Dad was on KP. I think the entree that night was sardines from the can. It's actually good, though. We continued the tradition and I passed it on to my son, along with my contributions in the Desperate Category, fried Cheerios.

iShouter12.gif

I don't drink milk any more (drank it like water when I was a kid) but after a nice spicy meal I like kheer after an Indian meal (a rice pudding) or sangkaya after a hot Thai meal, which is a sticky rice in coconut custard. And it is to die for.

www_plus613_com_BeerVsMilk.jpg

016.gif

icon_biggrin1.gif
Chocolate milk
icon_aww.gif

No strawberry milk? That's yummy. :)
I have to try it! I hope we have strawberry milk here!
icon_blowkiss.gif

iShouter12.gif

How about kefir with sweet jam? :)
Never tried! Is it tasty?
icon_aww.gif

I love peanut butter sandwiches. With jam, bananas or marshmallow cream. But the best PB sandwiches are smeared with mayonnaise. Everyone always says yuck but don't knock it if you never ate it. Another use for peanut butter is to coat it on a chicken to roast it. Tasty.

And that seasoning is only salt....... unless it's boardwalk style fries then it's malted vinegar....... :thup:

You don't add fries to your salt?
That was my mom........ but she added everything to salt.......

I don't think we salt excessively, but nothing annoys me more than to order a nice restaurant dinner and everything arrives bland and not seasoned with ANYTHING. The quality of the food itself and the seasoning is everything. So I may salt more than the average doctor or dietitian would recommend, and I try hard not to salt too much, but my food is seasoned and tastes good.

I love peanut butter sandwiches. With jam, bananas or marshmallow cream. But the best PB sandwiches are smeared with mayonnaise. Everyone always says yuck but don't knock it if you never ate it. Another use for peanut butter is to coat it on a chicken to roast it. Tasty.
Have you ever had an Elvis?

And that seasoning is only salt....... unless it's boardwalk style fries then it's malted vinegar....... :thup:

You don't add fries to your salt?
That was my mom........ but she added everything to salt.......

I don't think we salt excessively, but nothing annoys me more than to order a nice restaurant dinner and everything arrives bland and not seasoned with ANYTHING. The quality of the food itself and the seasoning is everything. So I may salt more than the average doctor or dietitian would recommend, and I try hard not to salt too much, but my food is seasoned and tastes good.
There are some things, like potatoes and pasta that MUST be cooked in salted water or no amount of seasoning afterward will help.

Have you ever had an Elvis?
Oh yeah! Peanut butter, banana and honey on a hotdog bun. I think Elvis liked them warm or hot.

Forum List

Back