🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'll admit, I did pick up the taste for french fries with mayonnaise when I lived in Europe.

Pommes Frites, mayonnaise and a couple of liters of beer... :beer:

2283568606_d191f4d7c9_z.jpg

Mayo on french fries doesn't sound good to me at all. If I put anything on my french fries, I want ketchup. Nothing else will do.

Fries shouldn't have anything put on them, other than seasoning. ;)
I like dipping them in my chocolate shake. :)

I love squash!
022.gif
:)
I HATE squash! My parents grew a half dozen different squashes, each more horrid than the other and I was forced to eat it as a child. I've done just fine for the last 50 odd years without it. The ex once convinced me spaghetti squash tasted just like spaghetti and I tried it. That was 20 years ago and I never did forgive her for that.
I'm an adult. I will not eat foods just because "they are good for me", "taste like chicken" or will "put some meat on your bones".
If I want Oreos and ice cream for supper, I will have Oreos and Ice cream
I'm sorry you were forced to eat squashes! :(
How do you feel today Ernie? I hope your health problems are fixed now! :)
My health problems will take a couple months, perhaps longer to "fix", but I am making progress every day. I spent an hour out on the deck today and treated myself to a $30 cigar. I have managed to get to where I can pretty much take care of myself, short of laundry and getting to my vehicle to drive away. It will be at least 2 weeks before I can drive or eve put weight on my left foot.
How did you break your leg? The "concrete dust in my hair" thing has had me wondering. Were you caught in a tornado, or did the concrete dust come from your cast?
I was demolishing a glass block wall to salvage the 10" by 10" by 4" hollow glass blocks. They were assembled with concrete mortar like a brick wall. I was cutting the mortar joints with a diamond saw (dust in hair). Unfortunately for me, the blocks in the wall (50 inches high and 20 feet long) were attached to each other better than to the floor. The wall fell over, pinning me underneath.

I'll admit, I did pick up the taste for french fries with mayonnaise when I lived in Europe.

Mayo on french fries doesn't sound good to me at all. If I put anything on my french fries, I want ketchup. Nothing else will do.
I like mayo or gravy on fries. Ketchup? If they stopped making that evil stuff today, I bet I wouldn't notice for 20 years.

I like mayo or gravy on fries. Ketchup? If they stopped making that evil stuff today, I bet I wouldn't notice for 20 years.

I don't like ketchup, but it's a lot better than mayo. :lol:

Ack! No salty fries in my shake! :p

Ack! No salty fries in my shake! :p
Its good. I like potato chips and white milk too.

Mustard, Philistines! :death:

I love squash!
022.gif
:)
I HATE squash! My parents grew a half dozen different squashes, each more horrid than the other and I was forced to eat it as a child. I've done just fine for the last 50 odd years without it. The ex once convinced me spaghetti squash tasted just like spaghetti and I tried it. That was 20 years ago and I never did forgive her for that.
I'm an adult. I will not eat foods just because "they are good for me", "taste like chicken" or will "put some meat on your bones".
If I want Oreos and ice cream for supper, I will have Oreos and Ice cream
I'm sorry you were forced to eat squashes! :(
How do you feel today Ernie? I hope your health problems are fixed now! :)
My health problems will take a couple months, perhaps longer to "fix", but I am making progress every day. I spent an hour out on the deck today and treated myself to a $30 cigar. I have managed to get to where I can pretty much take care of myself, short of laundry and getting to my vehicle to drive away. It will be at least 2 weeks before I can drive or eve put weight on my left foot.
How did you break your leg? The "concrete dust in my hair" thing has had me wondering. Were you caught in a tornado, or did the concrete dust come from your cast?
I was demolishing a glass block wall to salvage the 10" by 10" by 4" hollow glass blocks. They were assembled with concrete mortar like a brick wall. I was cutting the mortar joints with a diamond saw (dust in hair). Unfortunately for me, the blocks in the wall (50 inches high and 20 feet long) were attached to each other better than to the floor. The wall fell over, pinning me underneath.

Wowza Ernie. Sorry to hear that. Speedy recovery pal.

Mayo on fries is pretty tasty, but nowadays it's doubling down on the grease, carbs, and calories I don't need, or want.

PBS is drumming up funds this evening using an old Roy Orbison concert. I would almost have expected them to feature Chuck Barry, given recent events. Either way, the music is definitely worth putting up with being dunned for contributions.

I'm sure there wasn't enough time to put a Chuck Berry show together, including the legal stuff.

PBS is drumming up funds this evening using an old Roy Orbison concert. I would almost have expected them to feature Chuck Barry, given recent events. Either way, the music is definitely worth putting up with being dunned for contributions.

I'm sure there wasn't enough time to put a Chuck Berry show together, including the legal stuff.
All in due time, I'm sure.

Foxy, I think you are drinking the wrong kind of beer... I think you would be surprised at the taste...

Maybe if I drank beer. :)

And I might be surprised at the taste. But some things just aren't appealing I guess until you try it.

Mayo on fries is pretty tasty, but nowadays it's doubling down on the grease, carbs, and calories I don't need, or want.

Maybe that's it. I've learned to make fries with minimum fat loading and I don't want the extra fat and calories in the mayo. Ketchup even with the sugar content, just seems healthier.

I've been playing some of our old CDs featuring Chuck Berry now and then. But I don't think I would want a whole concert of him. But Roy Orbison, that's easy listening in comparison. Sorry I missed the special.

By the way, you guys got me wondering, and I had a cabbage I needed to use before it went bad, so I hunted up a good looking recipe and made some colcannon for dinner tonight. It was pretty good for my first attempt I think. We ate it all anyway.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot, SFC Ollie, and all others we hope will find their way back.

We almost let it get by unacknowledged, but today was the vernal equinox. Spring has officially arrived.

4500954856_1d1ff8f4fa.jpg

Forum List

Back