🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

It has its pros and cons here. Same as there. The clencher is...never having to move again. Housemate has relatives. If he dies before we do (he had a heart attack 3 years ago), relatives he never speaks to will descend upon this house like vultures and out we go. Again. So as much as I do like it here...our options are go home and never have to move again.
I agree, moving sucks! While I hope to move only one more time, that is not to be. As it looks, I will be living in the place in Anchorage a few years longer, after I move the goats from here to Willow. The partner's injury last year looks like it will put him out to Willow before I can retire. Mixed blessings, that. I will have to commute only about 10 minutes to work for the few years I still have to commute. I will also have lots of time to clean up the hoarder's nest in Anchorage before we try to sell it. I will still be moving my stuff to Willow over the next several months. Too bad the partner will cock-block my plans for a B&B at every juncture.
I'm still crossing my hooks for the best outcome for you and Mr.G, Gracie.
I hope things go smoothly for you too, GW. Our housemate is going to lose us, and he said today he dreads it cuz he enjoys us being here. We enjoy him, too. I just wish it wasn't such a hoarder place and having to weave. If it was trash stuff, if the piles toppled, no worried. Its just trash stuff. But it isn't. Its very fine antiques..delicate in many areas..worth a shitload of money. Just sitting and piled and crammed and dusty. I hold my breath every time I walk past the mazes because I am afraid of knocking something over that is worth more than anything we own combined. Of course we would not be liable, but I would feel horrible if we broke something.
You're right, you have to go to your own place. You took a chance with this new experience but it wasn't a permanent solution.

A two bedroom! Yay. The ocean! They'll be in your business every year but give it all up, it's a better situation than what you have been through.

Best of luck.

Made spaghetti sauce with Italian sausage served over baked spaghetti squash. Baking as opposed to boiling the squash really brings out the nutty sweet flavor of the squash. :thup:
I love squash and sausage but a milder sausage is more my speed. Sounds like a good dinner though.
I used the mild sausage, the wife doesn't like spicy foods. Growing up the only squash I ever had was acorn squash baked with butter and brown sugar, now I eat squash of all kinds though on rare occasion I still have the acorn squash the way my mom made it.

For us it was always summer squash that we grew massive amounts of in our garden. And the way it was usually prepared was sliced thin, lightly breaded, pan fried. Quite tasty.

th

Made spaghetti sauce with Italian sausage served over baked spaghetti squash. Baking as opposed to boiling the squash really brings out the nutty sweet flavor of the squash. :thup:
I love squash and sausage but a milder sausage is more my speed. Sounds like a good dinner though.
I used the mild sausage, the wife doesn't like spicy foods. Growing up the only squash I ever had was acorn squash baked with butter and brown sugar, now I eat squash of all kinds though on rare occasion I still have the acorn squash the way my mom made it.

For us it was always summer squash that we grew massive amounts of in our garden. And the way it was usually prepared was sliced thin, lightly breaded, pan fried. Quite tasty.

th
I like it raw, dipped in onion or ranch dip or cooked in dishes, never had it breaded.

th
It is awesome chunked, tossed in oil and grilled on skewers on the grill. It actually develops some flavor that way--nutty and not too squishy.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day! Don't forget to wear something green so you don't get pinched. Wonder how long it took Saint Patrick to run all the snakes out of Ireland?

I just started by fresh Zhigulevskoe... Hope it would not be so crazy at the end of day :))

Last edited:
Happy Saint Patrick's Day! Don't forget to wear something green so you don't get pinched. Wonder how long it took Saint Patrick to run all the snakes out of Ireland?

I just started by fresh Zhigulevskoe... Hope it would not be so crazy at the end of day :))

Okay Zhigulevskoe won't translate in my translator. More information please. :)

th
It is awesome chunked, tossed in oil and grilled on skewers on the grill. It actually develops some flavor that way--nutty and not too squishy.
Typically I saute it with cabbage, onion, shredded carrots, red/yellow/orange peppers and ham or sausage.

Ha-ha! :) Look at it:

1440072962_jigulevskoe-pivo-yp.gif

P.S. But I'm using fresh, non-bottled version. Most famous Soviet beer, grew by Vienna beer in 30x :)))

I know that hockey pucks are frozen, I know that they are sometimes shot at more than 100mph, but I'd never actually considered this before. Now that I have read this, it seems obvious they'd want a little extra protection. What surprises me is that more goalies don't use the extra plastic cover that hangs off of the bottom of the front part of their helmet to help protect the neck.

For goaltenders, more protection, the better

Cold temps here, but the killer has been those 20-30 mph winds from the North. Brutal! At least we haven't any new snow. Since the partner and I spent a fair amount of my Spring Break clearing up a surfeit of frozen precipitation, I'd be just as please not to have to repeat our labors.
Soon, I will have been doing this job, grave shift (except a few brief intervals) for 20 years. I am tired, and I am ready to retire. Since I want my retirement to be "permanent", I will continue for a few years longer until a mortgage and an auto payment are abolished. Then, I will spend my free time gardening, and husbanding my goats and chickens. Fresh milk and eggs...guess I'll be eating lots of omelets, cheese, and macaroons.

:))) It's my dream too. I already tried to live in village, but in practice I had time only for gardening, not for pets and agriculture works, because I freelanced in web, and time periods of clients activity usually coincide with periods, I need to work on farm. So, I left all farm activity, gathering money in net, and buying all I want from neighbours... I think, when I would be elder and wireless Internet faster - I'll continue this life :)
I love working closely with the natural cycles and my animals. Ithe seems like there's so little time when I'm working two other jobs.

Ha-ha! :) Look at it:

1440072962_jigulevskoe-pivo-yp.gif

P.S. But I'm using fresh, non-bottled version. Most famous Soviet beer, grew by Vienna beer in 30x :)))

:alcoholic::cheers2:

:biggrin:

I just started by fresh Zhigulevskoe...

19.jpg

Zhigulevskoe is the most well-known and popular beer brand since the Soviet times. Notably, it is with the release of a Zhigulevskoe batch in 1990 Baltika Breweries kicked off its history. Now Zhigulevskoe is produced according to a traditional recipe and in compliance with GOST using only modern equipment and high-quality raw materials, which ensures the high quality of beer and its excellent taste.

Baltika started continuous production of Zhigulevskoe in 2003. Already by 2005 Zhigulevskoe brewed in Baltika took one of the leading positions on the Russian beer market and the first place in its segment. Today among the great variety of beer products named Zhigulevskoe Baltika‘s brand is the clear leader with the market share of 2.5% (AC Nielsen agency, June 2012).

Forum List

Back