🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

17424967_1654552331226979_8662456392794767980_n.jpg

Just hauled all of my tax stuff down to the accountant's office. It's that time of the year again. Did I mention that I hate tax time? My accountant was in a jolly mood. He always is. Says he will give me the verdict one day next week.
I kinda like tax time. I usually have H&R Block do mine and they're filed usually the first day they can be. Thing is as a 100% service connected disabled veteran, I get all my property taxes back, and surprisingly they went down $330, thanks to Gov. Walker. Gotta love that. They were still $862 on 1.3 acres and two permanent structures.

Hey 007. You haven't been here in awhile. Glad you popped in. :)

Now I'm wondering where the term 'popped in' came from.

The HVAC guys finally showed up around 6PM, just in time for tomorrows temperature drop......... :lol:
We're supposed to have 50 mph gusts and temps in the 70s.

Tomorrow I go see a nurse practitioner...aka physicians assistant...aka someone in the medical field for the first time since we moved here. I get approved for medi-cal April 1st so I hope they don't charge me and they said they wouldn't but someone always messes up in the government so...time will tell.

I think I have shingles again. Same spot as last time but not as bad. Itches and burns and it wasn't skeeters like I originally thought. It just won't go away. Also gotta tell her I need some pain pills or have her make me an appt with pain management because I am out of pain meds and I am tired of hurting. Can't take advils..which work fine with the inflammation and pain but wreck havoc on my intestines...tylenol does diddly squat. Not much choice left except my vicodins. One a day at night is not addicting but the abuse people do with norco screws it up for those who don't abuse it..like me. Its been a frigging month already. My hands are getting worse and I need some relief. Hope she can do it without shitloads of other doc appts and them sending me all over creation.

With that said..tomorrow is supposed to be very nice. Sunny for once. No rain. I hope so.

Tomorrow I go see a nurse practitioner...aka physicians assistant...aka someone in the medical field for the first time since we moved here. I get approved for medi-cal April 1st so I hope they don't charge me and they said they wouldn't but someone always messes up in the government so...time will tell.

I think I have shingles again. Same spot as last time but not as bad. Itches and burns and it wasn't skeeters like I originally thought. It just won't go away. Also gotta tell her I need some pain pills or have her make me an appt with pain management because I am out of pain meds and I am tired of hurting. Can't take advils..which work fine with the inflammation and pain but wreck havoc on my intestines...tylenol does diddly squat. Not much choice left except my vicodins. One a day at night is not addicting but the abuse people do with norco screws it up for those who don't abuse it..like me. Its been a frigging month already. My hands are getting worse and I need some relief. Hope she can do it without shitloads of other doc appts and them sending me all over creation.

With that said..tomorrow is supposed to be very nice. Sunny for once. No rain. I hope so.

I think it's pretty unlikely that you would get shingles twice. Let's hope not anyways! Could be that you are allergic to something in your new environment?

Good luck. Feel better. :smiliehug:

I think it's pretty unlikely that you would get shingles twice. Let's hope not anyways! Could be that you are allergic to something in your new environment?

You can get shingles many times. It stays in your body forever. I did get the shingle shot, and yes..you can still get it even then, but not as bad. This is the case right now. Same spot, less holes/rash but still the same symptoms. Its brought on by stress. And..we all know about our past 6 months...so its not a surprise.

The shingles vaccine shot can roughly cut in half your chances of getting shingles, a painful skin rash caused by the same virus that causes chickenpox.

If you've already had shingles, the vaccine may help prevent it from coming back.

The vaccine contains a weakened chickenpox virus, which doctors call the “varicella-zoster” virus. It primes your immune system to defend against the disease.

Some people who get the vaccine still get shingles. But they're more likely to have shorter periods of shingles-related nerve pain called postherpetic neuralgia, which is very painful and can last weeks, months, or even years after the rash goes away.

You can get shingles many times. It stays in your body forever. I did get the shingle shot, and yes..you can still get it even then, but not as bad. This is the case right now. Same spot, less holes/rash but still the same symptoms. Its brought on by stress. And..we all know about our past 6 months...so its not a surprise.

The shingles vaccine shot can roughly cut in half your chances of getting shingles, a painful skin rash caused by the same virus that causes chickenpox.

If you've already had shingles, the vaccine may help prevent it from coming back.

The vaccine contains a weakened chickenpox virus, which doctors call the “varicella-zoster” virus. It primes your immune system to defend against the disease.

Some people who get the vaccine still get shingles. But they're more likely to have shorter periods of shingles-related nerve pain called postherpetic neuralgia, which is very painful and can last weeks, months, or even years after the rash goes away.

TOTAL misery!

That really sucks. I hope I never get that.

I had them on my ankle and they were chronic. Lasted about a year. Nothing much more miserable than nerve itching, and pain.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot, SFC Ollie, and all others we hope will find their way back.

Sunset over Wisconsin
3b7f8396ec3067e91d1a6772c01759e1.jpg

I love squash!
022.gif
:)
I HATE squash! My parents grew a half dozen different squashes, each more horrid than the other and I was forced to eat it as a child. I've done just fine for the last 50 odd years without it. The ex once convinced me spaghetti squash tasted just like spaghetti and I tried it. That was 20 years ago and I never did forgive her for that.
I'm an adult. I will not eat foods just because "they are good for me", "taste like chicken" or will "put some meat on your bones".
If I want Oreos and ice cream for supper, I will have Oreos and Ice cream
I'm sorry you were forced to eat squashes! :(
How do you feel today Ernie? I hope your health problems are fixed now! :)
My health problems will take a couple months, perhaps longer to "fix", but I am making progress every day. I spent an hour out on the deck today and treated myself to a $30 cigar. I have managed to get to where I can pretty much take care of myself, short of laundry and getting to my vehicle to drive away. It will be at least 2 weeks before I can drive or eve put weight on my left foot.
Oh...I'm sorry you're not ok now Ernie! I thought your problems were almost solved.
Anyway you will see everything will be ok in a few weeks or less maybe :bye1:
It's going to be about 2 months in a cast, if I'm lucky.
I have a friend who has almost exactly the same injury and he has been in a cast for 4 months with very little healing to the bone. He is looking at about a year of recovery before probably having knee replacement surgery. That would put his recovery at nearly 2 years. He's 25 years younger than me but my x-rays show about the same healing after 2 weeks that he had at 4 months.
I've always healed remarkably fast, but haven't had anything close to this to heal from for over 10 years. Hopefully I still have that going for me.
Good news of the day! After 16 days, the cramp in my right calf is just about gone and I can finally almost place my left foot completely on the floor.
Still some soreness, but that's one less pain to deal with.

Its good. I like potato chips and white milk too.
You're strange......... :lol:
Try the chips and milk. A couple of chips, a drink of milk and you'll see, I have something here.
The problem is I don't really like milk, never had. My mom told me when I was a baby I refused to drink milk, the doctors told her I would die if she couldn't get me to drink milk, she tried everything and i would just toss the bottle out of the crib. Finally she handed me a glass of milk, I tossed it, tried again and I wouldn't even take it finally she got so frustrated she screamed at me, threw the milk on me, refilled the glass........ I took it and drank the milk....... :lol:
Nowadays I have to have the milk ice cold with cereal as for drinking it....... Only on rare occasions and only iced to almost freezing.
iShouter12.gif
:D
I like milk very cold too. I love it with spicier chili. If you eat something that's really burning your tongue, you need something alkaline like milk or cheese.

I drink it with Mexican food and Tony Packo's (Hungarian)
It's the casein in the milk and cheese that dissolves the capsaicin oils from the pepper. Capsaicin is not water soluble so soda, water or even beer won't have any effect. High proof alcoholic beverages will help, but casein is like a natural detergent for organic oils.

I love squash!
022.gif
I HATE squash! My parents grew a half dozen different squashes, each more horrid than the other and I was forced to eat it as a child. I've done just fine for the last 50 odd years without it. The ex once convinced me spaghetti squash tasted just like spaghetti and I tried it. That was 20 years ago and I never did forgive her for that.
I'm an adult. I will not eat foods just because "they are good for me", "taste like chicken" or will "put some meat on your bones".
My health problems will take a couple months, perhaps longer to "fix", but I am making progress every day. I spent an hour out on the deck today and treated myself to a $30 cigar. I have managed to get to where I can pretty much take care of myself, short of laundry and getting to my vehicle to drive away. It will be at least 2 weeks before I can drive or eve put weight on my left foot.
Oh...I'm sorry you're not ok now Ernie! I thought your problems were almost solved.
I have a friend who has almost exactly the same injury and he has been in a cast for 4 months with very little healing to the bone. He is looking at about a year of recovery before probably having knee replacement surgery. That would put his recovery at nearly 2 years. He's 25 years younger than me but my x-rays show about the same healing after 2 weeks that he had at 4 months.
I've always healed remarkably fast, but haven't had anything close to this to heal from for over 10 years. Hopefully I still have that going for me.
Good news of the day! After 16 days, the cramp in my right calf is just about gone and I can finally almost place my left foot completely on the floor.
One thing you may have going for you is you aren't a heavy guy. I hope you're healing quickly, still, don't push things.

Cold. COLD here. And the hail that pounded us hurt our ears even in the house. I can imagine what it would have felt like if we were still in the car.

I am so DAMN tired of wet and cold and joint pain due to it. Even arizona sounds good to me now, but they are getting pounded too. So...MrG and I stay in our warm room and watch tv all day. Can't do anything else.

For some reason I got an alert for this post, I haven't been here in years. I do remember you, Gracie since you invited me here.

I live in Fresno, I know hot summers....are you moving somewhere?

We've gotten a lot of rain this summer but not recently....you must be south of me. I remember you live in California but don't remember where.

We met on SF....I'm happy to see you again.

The virus never goes away, just dormant. Stress can bring it on as well as other factors. I have a friend here at work who has had it many times and she is under 40.

Hit the physical therapy hard my friend.

I love squash!
022.gif
:itsok:

I have received about $300 in medical bills from Mrs. Liberty's knee surgery adventure. Mostly presurgery stuff. The hospital gave us the bill yesterday for $7800, minus insurance agreements it is 2300 to us. Getting near the deductible so hello 20% copay on the surgeon and physical therapy bills yet to show. She has another three weeks of time off work.

Forum List

Back