🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Tomorrow I go see a nurse practitioner...aka physicians assistant...aka someone in the medical field for the first time since we moved here. I get approved for medi-cal April 1st so I hope they don't charge me and they said they wouldn't but someone always messes up in the government so...time will tell.

I think I have shingles again. Same spot as last time but not as bad. Itches and burns and it wasn't skeeters like I originally thought. It just won't go away. Also gotta tell her I need some pain pills or have her make me an appt with pain management because I am out of pain meds and I am tired of hurting. Can't take advils..which work fine with the inflammation and pain but wreck havoc on my intestines...tylenol does diddly squat. Not much choice left except my vicodins. One a day at night is not addicting but the abuse people do with norco screws it up for those who don't abuse it..like me. Its been a frigging month already. My hands are getting worse and I need some relief. Hope she can do it without shitloads of other doc appts and them sending me all over creation.

With that said..tomorrow is supposed to be very nice. Sunny for once. No rain. I hope so.

I got Medicare last April first and it's been great. I didn't have insurance before that because Obamacare sucked and didn't work for me..so I went without and paid cash for what I needed.

I did pay $200 a few years ago for a shingles shot because my ex got shingles and it scared me...hope yours isn't as bad.

Good luck!!

IMG_0382.JPG
I'm not going to read back all these pages but will just start by saying "good morning" everyone. Here I am with/in a cup of coffee. :)

Tomorrow I go see a nurse practitioner...aka physicians assistant...aka someone in the medical field for the first time since we moved here. I get approved for medi-cal April 1st so I hope they don't charge me and they said they wouldn't but someone always messes up in the government so...time will tell.

I think I have shingles again. Same spot as last time but not as bad. Itches and burns and it wasn't skeeters like I originally thought. It just won't go away. Also gotta tell her I need some pain pills or have her make me an appt with pain management because I am out of pain meds and I am tired of hurting. Can't take advils..which work fine with the inflammation and pain but wreck havoc on my intestines...tylenol does diddly squat. Not much choice left except my vicodins. One a day at night is not addicting but the abuse people do with norco screws it up for those who don't abuse it..like me. Its been a frigging month already. My hands are getting worse and I need some relief. Hope she can do it without shitloads of other doc appts and them sending me all over creation.

With that said..tomorrow is supposed to be very nice. Sunny for once. No rain. I hope so.

I got Medicare last April first and it's been great. I didn't have insurance before that because Obamacare sucked and didn't work for me..so I went without and paid cash for what I needed.

I did pay $200 a few years ago for a shingles shot because my ex got shingles and it scared me...hope yours isn't as bad.

Good luck!!

Welcome to the Coffee Shop CEECEE. So happy you've joined us. We hope you are enjoying USMB but it can get pretty rough out there. The Coffee Shop is a great refuge to just kick back and enjoy people. Be sure to read over the OP to see what we are all about and just keep joining right in. And nobody is expected to read back in the Coffee Shop. You just join in where you come in.

First timers to the Coffee Shop receive a complimentary beverage:

Beautiful-coffee-art-examples-1.jpg

Last edited:
Actually when I went to the members list for the Coffee Shop, I see that CEECEE's name was already there. Must have been sometime back though. But oh well, it's okay to get greeted twice. :)

Actually when I went to the members list for the Coffee Shop, I see that CEECEE's name was already there. Must have been sometime back though. But oh well, it's okay to get greeting twice. :)

Yep, that's me...I was overwhelmed the first time here. Now I'm older and wiser, lol.

I hear that. It can be kind of overwhelming at first and there is a learning curve. But like anything else, once you learn how to do something, it is easy. :)

Last night our dinner guests--my aunt (who lives here) and my cousin, her daughter and grandson from Wichita, gave us a crash course on how to use Ebay. Talk about a learning curve. Don't know how brave we will be wading in there, but I think we could put it to good use if we do figure it all out.

Last night our dinner guests--my aunt (who lives here) and my cousin, her daughter and grandson from Wichita, gave us a crash course on how to use Ebay. Talk about a learning curve. Don't know how brave we will be wading in there, but I think we could put it to good use if we do figure it all out.

EBay scares me but my son uses it a lot...both buying and selling. My daughter has searched for hard to find items that her son's have to have.
She's never sold anything though but has purchased a few items.
I am downsizing but I just don't have the patience to sell on there...

EBay scares me but my son uses it a lot...both buying and selling. My daughter has searched for hard to find items that her son's have to have.
She's never sold anything though but has purchased a few items.
I am downsizing but I just don't have the patience to sell on there...

That's us. We're steadily downsizing and need to find homes for a lot of usable stuff. But we'll probably wind up donating it instead of trying to sell most of it. But some, like my extraneous owl collection, has some real value and I think there is a market for it out there. Figuring shipping costs--plus the hassle of shipping--is the main roadblock for me.

Good luck!!

Welcome to the Coffee Shop CEECEE. So happy you've joined us. We hope you are enjoying USMB but it can get pretty rough out there. The Coffee Shop is a great refuge to just kick back and enjoy people. Be sure to read over the OP to see what we are all about and just keep joining right in. And nobody is expected to read back in the Coffee Shop. You just join in where you come in.

Can I have some too? I'm thirsty
drink1.gif
:biggrin:

Good luck!!

drink1.gif

Absolutely! I was just thinking I could really enjoy that right now.

Good luck!!

drink1.gif

:thewave:

:bow3::bowdown:

Our strong breezes have arrived..........

Is that good or bad?
It's a joke..... kinda. We're supposed to have 30 - 35 mph sustained winds with gusts up to 50 mph, I joke that down here we don't consider it windy until it gets over 30 mph........ :D
On the positive side our temps have dropped to the mid 70s, over the last week they've been in the upper 80s and low 90s and finally yesterday the HVAC people came by and shut down the furnaces and turned on the swamp coolers, just in time for the cool front to move through. :lol:

Good luck!!

drink1.gif

I added a bit of coffee to my tea a couple of days ago.....and my belly showed its displeasure. :( Apparently I just need to never drink coffee. :(

There are two productions being filmed in our downtown at the moment. There is a pilot for a network comedy being filmed, as well as a Netflix original movie. Hopefully they don't cause traffic issues, we drive through downtown as many as 4 days a week to take the little one to soccer and karate.

Good luck!!

drink1.gif

I added a bit of coffee to my tea a couple of days ago.....and my belly showed its displeasure. :( Apparently I just need to never drink coffee. :(
Maybe decaf coffee could be better for you :)

Forum List

Back