🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Some similar scenery on my drive from Fresno to the coast, except this winter with all the rain we've had, I actually saw green. Do you get the very hot summers like we do?

In the 100's for months?

cigar_de_our.jpg

Cigar de jour is a Padilla series 1948 in 52 by 5.5" Tasty with spice and subtle coffee flavors. It holds a good white ash and burned straight as an arrow. Actually a damned fine cigar!

I try to get outside for coffee and a cigar every day. The fresh air feels good and I get some exercise in the bargain. Over my right shoulder is the towel I had been using as a cushion for the wheelchair seat. I stood up to turn on the fan in the gazebo and my whole cup of coffee spilled. DAMN! Never even got a sip out of it. Made new and spent nearly 3 hours outside. I'm getting a little better every day. I've stepped down on my medication from Dilaudid to hydrocodone. That, I found was a bit drastic, so after a chat with my surgeon, I'm up one step to Oxicodone. That will be picked up tomorrow morning, so tonight might be tough but I do have a couple Dilaudid left if I get in trouble.

I have back issues and have taken Vicodin but never Oxycodone. What is your issue? Surgery? Just pain?

I hate how strict they've gotten with the pain meds, not fair to the people that need them for pain and not to get high....well, I don't get high...don't know your story. :)

Okay, the winds have truly arrived, I can barely make out the Franklin Mountains in the dust storm.

Windy here at this hour too with little mud dust specks all over everything because we're getting a bit of moisture with it, Temperature dropped about 20 degrees in minutes when the front hit.

Last night our dinner guests--my aunt (who lives here) and my cousin, her daughter and grandson from Wichita, gave us a crash course on how to use Ebay. Talk about a learning curve. Don't know how brave we will be wading in there, but I think we could put it to good use if we do figure it all out.
They have the instructions at the site, just print and keep those in front of you the first few times. The hard part is figuring out what will sell and how to price it.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot, SFC Ollie, and all others we hope will find their way back.

Sunset over Wisconsin
3b7f8396ec3067e91d1a6772c01759e1.jpg

I don't know how long it's going to take me to remember who's who on here but I too am sending good vibes to the people on the list!

I have back issues and have taken Vicodin but never Oxycodone. What is your issue? Surgery? Just pain?

I hate how strict they've gotten with the pain meds, not fair to the people that need them for pain and not to get high....well, I don't get high...don't know your story. :)
Hello Cee Cee, I had a back problem during my teen years my doctor told me to do sports what I did, taekwondo that helped me a lot but I also got more injuries on the way .

Okay, the winds have truly arrived, I can barely make out the Franklin Mountains in the dust storm.

I can't see 'em at all :crybaby:

Bootiful day here though, cool and sunny. Just took a ride down the Blue Ridge Parkway. Always awesome.

Boy, this is one busy forum, I'm still in my Jammie's...no point now in getting dressed either.

I'm glad I came back and stuck to it this time...I'm also anxious to say "hi" to Gracie and see if she remembers me..also see how's she doing.

Boy, this is one busy forum, I'm still in my Jammie's...no point now in getting dressed either.

I'm glad I came back and stuck to it this time...I'm also anxious to say "hi" to Gracie and see if she remembers me..also see how's she doing.
Yes, I remember you and am so pleased to see you back!! How the heck have you been? :smiliehug:

Yes, my daughter isn't exactly in Monterey but on the peninsula...didn't want to say exactly where she lived.

I go there often...it's about 2.5 hr drive from Fresno.
She is a hop skip jump from me then because since you were last here, I was on the central coast (SLO), but have since moved to Paradise Ca.

Just got back from seeing my new doc. I like her so far. In a few, I have to go pick up my meds. YAY!! I finally get some pain pills!

Last night our dinner guests--my aunt (who lives here) and my cousin, her daughter and grandson from Wichita, gave us a crash course on how to use Ebay. Talk about a learning curve. Don't know how brave we will be wading in there, but I think we could put it to good use if we do figure it all out.
Holler in pms if you need tips. I started with ebay back in 1999, was a power seller and used to be able to call them on the phone before Meg Whitman took over and ruined it all. They also have ebay boards on their website but I would avoid them except for reading if I were you....lots of trolls who will screw over your listings just for funzies.

EBay scares me but my son uses it a lot...both buying and selling. My daughter has searched for hard to find items that her son's have to have.
She's never sold anything though but has purchased a few items.
I am downsizing but I just don't have the patience to sell on there...

That's us. We're steadily downsizing and need to find homes for a lot of usable stuff. But we'll probably wind up donating it instead of trying to sell most of it. But some, like my extraneous owl collection, has some real value and I think there is a market for it out there. Figuring shipping costs--plus the hassle of shipping--is the main roadblock for me.
Offer free shipping. Just add in the cost to the beginning bid. Ship ONLY within the USA. And ship parcel post with free insurance. Just offset the price of the item with what you think it costs to ship. If you offer combined shipping...then you might be eating some money on your end. So...in description, say "sorry....no combined shipping but free insurance".

EBay scares me but my son uses it a lot...both buying and selling. My daughter has searched for hard to find items that her son's have to have.
She's never sold anything though but has purchased a few items.
I am downsizing but I just don't have the patience to sell on there...

That's us. We're steadily downsizing and need to find homes for a lot of usable stuff. But we'll probably wind up donating it instead of trying to sell most of it. But some, like my extraneous owl collection, has some real value and I think there is a market for it out there. Figuring shipping costs--plus the hassle of shipping--is the main roadblock for me.
Offer free shipping. Just add in the cost to the beginning bid. Ship ONLY within the USA. And ship parcel post with free insurance. Just offset the price of the item with what you think it costs to ship. If you offer combined shipping...then you might be eating some money on your end. So...in description, say "sorry....no combined shipping but free insurance".

Why do you say 'ship only within the US' Gracie? Just curious. I've done at least a dozen international sales without a hitch.

I think Foxy's dilemma with shipping is how much to charge. She'll need to pin that down regardless whether she ships free or not. You need to know how much to add to cover the cost.

I should add though, for anybody just getting into eBay ---- in recent years it's become biased against sellers, in that if you complete a legitimate sale a dishonest buyer can turn around, claim the item is defective or not as described, and eBay will it seems automatically side with the buyer, even if they don't show evidence. So watch your buyers' feedback.

Doesn't happen a lot but it can. I've been burned that way.

Last edited:
Yes, my daughter isn't exactly in Monterey but on the peninsula...didn't want to say exactly where she lived.

She is a hop skip jump from me then because since you were last here, I was on the central coast (SLO), but have since moved to Paradise Ca.

Just got back from seeing my new doc. I like her so far. In a few, I have to go pick up my meds. YAY!! I finally get some pain pills!

Great news!! I'll have to look and see where Paradise is. Funny how excited we can get about pain pills...hard getting old. :(

ebay is a pain in the ass, to be honest. Shipping outside the USA is also a MAJOR pain in the ass. Especially if they are in canada. They always want you to fill out forms saying its a gift, so they don't have to pay taxes on it. Then you piss them off if you refuse, then they neg you. And yes, ebay is very pro buyer. Sellers, they don't give a damn about. Which is why I don't sell on there anymore. I'd rather sell on craigslist or consign it to a shop or even on offer up.

Last edited:

Great news!! I'll have to look and see where Paradise is.
Across from Chico..about 16 miles east of it. I am a temporary mountain gal now but soon I will get to go home to the beach and the central coast. :)

Also, shipping overseas is a pita if the buyer decides to have remorse. Then you have to pay to have it shipped back to you and you're lucky if its the same item you originally shipped. Too many problems dealing with other countries...especially when ebay sides with the buyer.

Some guy in italy wanted to buy my 1920's piano scarf...offered me 500 bucks for it. I said no. He bid anyway. I removed his bid. He bid again. I removed it again and blocked him. Someone in Santa Barbara won it for a bit less, which was fine with me. Overseas is a MAJOR pain in the ass. And you have to grovel with every buyer or they will neg you just to be an asshole. Once upon a time, you could neg a buyer so other sellers would know they are flakes that never pay up...but ebay took that option away. So screw 'em, said I.

So up past Sacramento? How's the weather in the summer?
I don't know. Only been here a bit over a month. Locals say up to 80's and high as 110 during the summer. Lots of trees...very foresty, but very hot so not to let the many trees towering over us to fool us. I guess I will find out when it hits if we are still here. Right now..I am freezing. Prolly due to no sun able to get through those massive ponderosa pines.

Forum List

Back