🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

ebay is a pain in the ass, to be honest. Shipping outside the USA is also a MAJOR pain in the ass. Especially if they are in canada. They always want you to fill out forms saying its a gift, so they don't have to pay taxes on it. Then you piss them off if you refuse, then they neg you. And yes, ebay is very pro buyer. Sellers, they don't give a damn about. Which is why I don't sell on CL anymore. I'd rather sell on craigslist or consign it to a shop or even on offer up.

Agree on the bias, I just described that. But it must be a while since you sold, 'cuz you don't have to deal with the customs forms or international freight any more. All you do is send it to eBay in Erlanger Kentucky (suburb of Cincinnati). They handle all the customs and charges for shipping to wherever. All the buyer needs is the same shipping you'd use to anywhere else in the US and presto, it goes to Australia. eBay charges the buyer separately for all that and we sellers never even see it. Truly hassle-free.

become biased against sellers, in that if you complete a legitimate sale a dishonest buyer can turn around, claim the item is defective or not as described, and eBay will it seems automatically side with the buyer, even if they don't show evidence.
Yup. Used to sell gold on ebay. Scrap gold. Showed the weight, with the gold on the scale, started the bidding at a reasonable price, etc. Sold it, buyer claimed it was not gold, shipped it back and it was NOT what was sent originally so he kept the gold and replaced it with pot metal and brass...took a pic and showed it to ebay/paypal (when ebay owned paypal), fought them, and still lost the money AND the real gold.

Foxy can figure out shipping by weighing the item on her bathroom scale, pick a zip code in NY, go to USPS online and put that info in, get a rough figure of what shipping will cost. Thats how I did it.

Great things are afoot. Gone are the fifty pound bags of rock salt. Gone are the heaps of snow shovels. Snow blowers are now in the back room. And in their place are bags of mulch, potting soil, grass seed and peat moss.

If we are to have enduring faith in the 'free market system', we can take solace from these Capitalist inventory stocking moves. If the merchants believe it's time for Spring, who am I to argue?

Meanwhile, I had a fender bender this morning. I was stopped at a traffic light when I felt the Hyundai Santa Fe I use for work get hit once, then again. It turns out there was a very important delivery of Budweiser that had to be made no matter who may be in the way. A semi tractor trailer was turning left behind me and was too long to make that turn without first breaking my left tail light.

The truck driver was charged as being at fault. Tomorrow I get to sort everything out with Human Resources so far as the insurance goes. It's always an adventure dealing with Human Resources, or Human Racehorses as my seven year old nephew calls them. His Grandma is my sister-in-law and works in my office. So the nephew has been to the office and met the 'human racehorses'.

Last edited:
ebay is a pain in the ass, to be honest. Shipping outside the USA is also a MAJOR pain in the ass. Especially if they are in canada. They always want you to fill out forms saying its a gift, so they don't have to pay taxes on it. Then you piss them off if you refuse, then they neg you. And yes, ebay is very pro buyer. Sellers, they don't give a damn about. Which is why I don't sell on CL anymore. I'd rather sell on craigslist or consign it to a shop or even on offer up.

Agree on the bias, I just described that. But it must be a while since you sold, 'cuz you don't have to deal with the customs forms or international freight any more. All you do is send it to eBay in Erlanger Kentucky (suburb of Cincinnati). They handle all the customs and charges for shipping to wherever. All the buyer needs is the same shipping you'd use to anywhere else in the US and presto, it goes to Australia. eBay charges the buyer separately for all that and we sellers never even see it. Truly hassle-free.
Too much crap to deal with. Ebay keeps saying they are a venue. Um hm.
I remember when paypal was paypal and then ebay bought them. Then ebay let paypal go, prolly due to being sued all the time. They hold the money (paypal) in your account....not just the price of the item..ALL the money. They got sued many times for that crap.

Yuck. I'm getting peeved just thinking about ebay and their shenanigans. My personal recommendation is..if Foxy has collections of stuff.....rent a space in an antique mall and sell it there.

Also, shipping overseas is a pita if the buyer decides to have remorse. Then you have to pay to have it shipped back to you and you're lucky if its the same item you originally shipped. Too many problems dealing with other countries...especially when ebay sides with the buyer.

Some guy in italy wanted to buy my 1920's piano scarf...offered me 500 bucks for it. I said no. He bid anyway. I removed his bid. He bid again. I removed it again and blocked him. Someone in Santa Barbara won it for a bit less, which was fine with me. Overseas is a MAJOR pain in the ass. And you have to grovel with every buyer or they will neg you just to be an asshole. Once upon a time, you could neg a buyer so other sellers would know they are flakes that never pay up...but ebay took that option away. So screw 'em, said I.

It could be. I've never had that problem with a foreign buyer, only an occasional US one.

There was one (only one) sale I cancelled, a guy in Japan whose feedback was marked "private". I had never seen that before and it struck me as bizarre that you could even do that, let alone want to. I asked him to make it public so I could assess if he might be the type to turn around and make me ship back from Japan. He claimed his feedback was already public. Apparently there was some problem with his account causing it and we couldn't get it resolved. I was being overcautious but I cancelled the sale due to the uncertainty and sold it to the next highest bid on a Second Chance.

The guy in Japan could have negged me over that if he was upset, but he wasn't, and didn't. I'm still at 100%.

I did well on ebay, but I joined when it was still relatively new. Too many rules now and ebays fingers in too many pies that are a conflict of interest. Unless you are a buyer. If you are a seller.....oy.

Okay, the winds have truly arrived, I can barely make out the Franklin Mountains in the dust storm.

I can't see 'em at all :crybaby:

Bootiful day here though, cool and sunny. Just took a ride down the Blue Ridge Parkway. Always awesome.
It was so nice here today. Only 40° but bright sunshine most of the day.

Rain tonight, 70° tomorrow but wind and rain. Rain for the next 4 days. Dat's Ohio in March/April for you.

Blue-Green-Easter-Egg-2400px_zpsx8fdxwgy.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The little one has a list of spelling assignments she can choose from each day for her homework. Today she chose the one that has her type her spelling words in different fonts. I wanted to be silly, so I asked, "Do you have a typewriter?" She replied, "What's a typewriter?" I feel old. :p

Ha ha, I have those moments with my grandsons especially when I mention a group from my youth, they look at me like who's Simon and Garfunkle?
I was trying to be cool and was telling them about a cover "Disturbed" did of "the sounds of Silence" but they never heard that song. :(

The little one actually knows The Sounds of Silence because a short cover of it is in the movie "Trolls." :lol:

Yahoo! First sign of Spring! I have two new kids in the barn, first-time mother and things seem to be going well. Too bad my partner's whethers (geldings) are among the doe population (because the partner could not be bothered to ensure their fences would contain them).
New mother is a first-timer and I'll be checking on her soon. New kids are so precious, and cute!
The newborn kitten from a couple of days ago didn't make it. I observed the momma running off a couple of toms, found the kitten dead the next day.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, 007, Sixfoot, SFC Ollie, and all others we hope will find their way back.

Sunset over Fort Worth
4c69cd313e68adaeda827af361964f8d.jpg

Easter_Egg_with_Bow_PNG_Clip_Art_Image_zpsfbhoqcj4.png

Last edited by a moderator:
become biased against sellers, in that if you complete a legitimate sale a dishonest buyer can turn around, claim the item is defective or not as described, and eBay will it seems automatically side with the buyer, even if they don't show evidence.
Yup. Used to sell gold on ebay. Scrap gold. Showed the weight, with the gold on the scale, started the bidding at a reasonable price, etc. Sold it, buyer claimed it was not gold, shipped it back and it was NOT what was sent originally so he kept the gold and replaced it with pot metal and brass...took a pic and showed it to ebay/paypal (when ebay owned paypal), fought them, and still lost the money AND the real gold.

Foxy can figure out shipping by weighing the item on her bathroom scale, pick a zip code in NY, go to USPS online and put that info in, get a rough figure of what shipping will cost. Thats how I did it.

That would have upset me to no end, that's really my main concern anyway...being ripped off...plus having to go the post office which here is a nightmare.

IMG_0507.JPG
Good morning everyone, my dog woke me up way too early! Glad I have this forum now...otherwise it would be a very looong day. We are in the upper 60's today which is a little cooler than it has been. I'm glad I didn't switch out my flannel sheets yet.

View attachment 118325 Good morning everyone, my dog woke me up way too early! Glad I have this forum now...otherwise it would be a very looong day. We are in the upper 60's today which is a little cooler than it has been. I'm glad I didn't switch out my flannel sheets yet.

Are you a new poster? I don't believe we've met yet. If you are new, welcome to the coffee shop! :)

View attachment 118325 Good morning everyone, my dog woke me up way too early! Glad I have this forum now...otherwise it would be a very looong day. We are in the upper 60's today which is a little cooler than it has been. I'm glad I didn't switch out my flannel sheets yet.

Are you a new poster? I don't believe we've met yet. If you are new, welcome to the coffee shop! :)

Thanks for the welcome...I'm a poster that joined a few years ago but was overwhelmed at the size of this place...Gracie invited me here. I've been lurking lately and decided to just jump in and stay this time...I'm glad I did.

Before I hurry to Announcements with my Easter eggs, I want to let you all know the Turkey has left the premises.
Glad he moved on, the old worry wort.

Thanks for the welcome...I'm a poster that joined a few years ago but was overwhelmed at the size of this place...Gracie invited me here. I've been lurking lately and decided to just jump in and stay this time...I'm glad I did.

Well, you need a coffee then! :D I can tell already that you are going to fit in at the coffee shop perfectly! :)

We+Welcome+your+Good+Company.jpg

Forum List

Back