🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Funny-Signs-paper-43.jpg

Just hauled all of my tax stuff down to the accountant's office. It's that time of the year again. Did I mention that I hate tax time? My accountant was in a jolly mood. He always is. Says he will give me the verdict one day next week.
I kinda like tax time. I usually have H&R Block do mine and they're filed usually the first day they can be. Thing is as a 100% service connected disabled veteran, I get all my property taxes back, and surprisingly they went down $330, thanks to Gov. Walker. Gotta love that. They were still $862 on 1.3 acres and two permanent structures.

Hey 007. You haven't been here in awhile. Glad you popped in. :)

Now I'm wondering where the term 'popped in' came from.
Yeah, for some reason I just decided to completely quit drinking after new years. Didn't make a big deal of it, just quit, and my life just got busy. Life is good and I'm having a blast. Even did some more work on the hotrod truck. I was going to just take the trim off the front bumper, but then that turned into blacking it out, and that turned into welding 18 assorted holes shut and smoothing it, and that turned into it needed the grill painted, a new GMC emblem, new OEM GM headlights, new OEM GM side marker lights, and of course new LED parking lights... OF COURSE... ;) I like it, but, it's still not done... it's never DONE. It's a work in progress. Sent in the money to put the collector plates on it today... it's 20 years old this year...

20170323_152651_zps5prvziep.jpg

Gracie complaining about cigarettes costing $60.00 a carton. That's a bargain. They are $77.00 a carton where I live.

Gracie dreading the end of that 60 buck carton. I might be MIA awhile cuz I might me grumpier than usual. :lol:

I COULD drive to Reno..which is 3 hours east of me and buy cigs there once every few months...but....I really need to try to quit again.

My brother and sister-in-law thanked my efforts at watching their dog Teddy while they vacationed in sunny Florida. They gave me Amazon gift cards and they are burning a hole in my pocket. I think I'll do the right thing and get Daisy the Mutt a new collar, maybe something with an Ohio State Buckeyes theme or the Pittsburgh Steelers. She already rocks a Pittsburgh Pirates collar in the summertime.

I also thought about a new baseball cap for me. There's a fitted cap that, atop my handsome head would be spectacular. I only need to measure Daisy's neck and my headbone to make sure the sizes are right.

But now I need a tape measure. I have yardsticks and rulers, a 15' and a 25' retractable tape and even a 200 foot long surveyor's chain. But not a simple tape with inches and increments thereon.

So it's time to stop at the Dollar General and navigate that place for this simple tool. Dishwashing liquid is marketed along side transmission fluid right beside crayons and lipsticks. Nothing makes sense in there.

I grew up in Pittsburgh and I'm a pirates and steelers fan, but I lived most of my younger days as a wife and mother in Chicago, so the CUBS are my number one team...I was so excited here in Fresno watching that game, lol.

Of course living in CA., I'm also a 49ers fan but meh, not really. :)

san-francisco-49ers-wallpaper-1.jpg

I cannot endorse your support for the Steelers, or for baseball. :p

Last edited:
Just hauled all of my tax stuff down to the accountant's office. It's that time of the year again. Did I mention that I hate tax time? My accountant was in a jolly mood. He always is. Says he will give me the verdict one day next week.
I kinda like tax time. I usually have H&R Block do mine and they're filed usually the first day they can be. Thing is as a 100% service connected disabled veteran, I get all my property taxes back, and surprisingly they went down $330, thanks to Gov. Walker. Gotta love that. They were still $862 on 1.3 acres and two permanent structures.

Yeah, for some reason I just decided to completely quit drinking after new years. Didn't make a big deal of it, just quit, and my life just got busy. Life is good and I'm having a blast. Even did some more work on the hotrod truck. I was going to just take the trim off the front bumper, but then that turned into blacking it out, and that turned into welding 18 assorted holes shut and smoothing it, and that turned into it needed the grill painted, a new GMC emblem, new OEM GM headlights, new OEM GM side marker lights, and of course new LED parking lights... OF COURSE... ;) I like it, but, it's still not done... it's never DONE. It's a work in progress. Sent in the money to put the collector plates on it today... it's 20 years old this year...

It's beautiful. I wonder if my neighbor across the street is your twin brother maybe separated at birth. He's one of these guys that has every kind of tool and can do anything. He bought a long bed truck awhile back but wanted a short bed for whatever reason. So he cut the thing down himself in his garage shop and made a short bed out of it.

And if you needed to stop drinking or just felt you should and did, congratulations. Sometimes we all need a change of something like that in our life.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Gracie dreading the end of that 60 buck carton. I might be MIA awhile cuz I might me grumpier than usual. :lol:

I COULD drive to Reno..which is 3 hours east of me and buy cigs there once every few months...but....I really need to try to quit again.

Before I quit smoking, I had switched to little cigars because of how much cheaper they were than cigs. $40 a carton was way too much for me. I'm actually a bit surprised that cigarettes aren't already at least $60 in California. I tend to think everything is more expensive in California. Cigs, surprisingly, are not. Back in 2014, Cali was way down the list on average cost per pack. The Surprising Cost of a Pack a Day in All 50 States -- The Motley Fool

Good luck with quitting, Gracie. I was lucky enough to have an easy time of it when I quit, but I know many people find it very hard.

I have quit many times. Actually quit for three years once and was enlisted as a speaker and group moderator for an American Cancer Society stop smoking self help group. But hit one of those thorny life crisis situations, picked up a cigarette and was back in the addiction and habit in no time. But once I decided to quit, I quit, cold turkey and toughed out the cravings and mood swings until they stopped coming. Going on 25 years now and I am not tempted at all.

When you are ready to quit, you'll quit.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! We're a little tipsy playing the piano tonight.

Thinking about Mr. and Mrs. Peach tonight and hoping all is well.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Sixfoot, SFC Ollie, Spoonman, and all others we hope will find their way back.

Sunset over Paradise CA (when it isn't raining)
genMid.CH16143309_47_0.jpg

Welp they finally got back to us so it's back up to Gallup for a face to face interview on Tues. We'll head up Monday so we're not completely exhausted for the interview and since the interview is mid afternoon will most likely come back Wednesday.

View attachment 118184

Cigar de jour is a Padilla series 1948 in 52 by 5.5" Tasty with spice and subtle coffee flavors. It holds a good white ash and burned straight as an arrow. Actually a damned fine cigar!

I try to get outside for coffee and a cigar every day. The fresh air feels good and I get some exercise in the bargain. Over my right shoulder is the towel I had been using as a cushion for the wheelchair seat. I stood up to turn on the fan in the gazebo and my whole cup of coffee spilled. DAMN! Never even got a sip out of it. Made new and spent nearly 3 hours outside. I'm getting a little better every day. I've stepped down on my medication from Dilaudid to hydrocodone. That, I found was a bit drastic, so after a chat with my surgeon, I'm up one step to Oxicodone. That will be picked up tomorrow morning, so tonight might be tough but I do have a couple Dilaudid left if I get in trouble.

That's a hell of a beard you have got there. I used to have a big bush myself, but it was not as big as yours.
I'd be afraid of setting it on fire smoking them stogies.

I have quit many times. Actually quit for three years once and was enlisted as a speaker and group moderator for an American Cancer Society stop smoking self help group. But hit one of those thorny life crisis situations, picked up a cigarette and was back in the addiction and habit in no time. But once I decided to quit, I quit, cold turkey and toughed out the cravings and mood swings until they stopped coming. Going on 25 years now and I am not tempted at all.

When you are ready to quit, you'll quit.
17 years for me, Labor day. Quitting was easy, resisting the urges is tough. I still have the occasional dream that I started smoking again.

Welp they finally got back to us so it's back up to Gallup for a face to face interview on Tues. We'll head up Monday so we're not completely exhausted for the interview and since the interview is mid afternoon will most likely come back Wednesday.
Good luck.

Purple_Dotted_Easter_Egg_PNG_Clipairt_Picture_zpsjombnfgz.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We have been without internet since early Tuesday morning.
Just had the service guy fix it right now
When I called on tue. they said this fri. was the earliest he could get here. He does most of Cochise County.
Hubby missed it the most. I had my books on kindle.
I missed being here.
I have lots of catching up to do. :)
Hi peach, hope all is well. :)

Awesome toy!! Aghhhhrr, I need something similar...

But where I could use it? :-\

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

I quit about 9 years ago and I still have dreams about smoking but know that if I have one cigarette, I'll start again.

Think it's the hardest thing I did in my life except for giving birth and losing my husband.

Losing my mom last year to respiratory failure is what keeps me motivated to never smoke again....and she quit smoking in her 40's! Died at 83 on a vent. :(

Forum List

Back