🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Okay, the winds have truly arrived, I can barely make out the Franklin Mountains in the dust storm.

I can't see 'em at all :crybaby:

Bootiful day here though, cool and sunny. Just took a ride down the Blue Ridge Parkway. Always awesome.
It was so nice here today. Only 40° but bright sunshine most of the day.

Rain tonight, 70° tomorrow but wind and rain. Rain for the next 4 days. Dat's Ohio in March/April for you.

Blue-Green-Easter-Egg-2400px_zpsx8fdxwgy.png
Oh, I got a beautiful blue Easter egg. Thanks, Coyote Bunny!

View attachment 118184

Cigar de jour is a Padilla series 1948 in 52 by 5.5" Tasty with spice and subtle coffee flavors. It holds a good white ash and burned straight as an arrow. Actually a damned fine cigar!

I try to get outside for coffee and a cigar every day. The fresh air feels good and I get some exercise in the bargain. Over my right shoulder is the towel I had been using as a cushion for the wheelchair seat. I stood up to turn on the fan in the gazebo and my whole cup of coffee spilled. DAMN! Never even got a sip out of it. Made new and spent nearly 3 hours outside. I'm getting a little better every day. I've stepped down on my medication from Dilaudid to hydrocodone. That, I found was a bit drastic, so after a chat with my surgeon, I'm up one step to Oxicodone. That will be picked up tomorrow morning, so tonight might be tough but I do have a couple Dilaudid left if I get in trouble.

That's a hell of a beard you have got there. I used to have a big bush myself, but it was not as big as yours.

Good morning all.

For the past week we have had Carly, the mini doxie, back with us and just learned this time may be for the long haul. Dana--our friend on the vigil list--has been upgraded 1A to get a new heart meaning she is #1 on the list at Salt Lake and they want her to stay close. And post surgery, once she has her new heart, she has to stay there for constant monitoring for up to 6 months to be sure there is no rejection.

Would appreciate everybody stepping up the prayers and/or positive vibes in her direction because if she does not get the heart in a timely manner, she probably is not going to live much longer. She already has a heart pump because the left side of her heart was failing and now there are signs of right heart failure. She is still young--mid 50's--and has so much more of her life left to live.

become biased against sellers, in that if you complete a legitimate sale a dishonest buyer can turn around, claim the item is defective or not as described, and eBay will it seems automatically side with the buyer, even if they don't show evidence.
Yup. Used to sell gold on ebay. Scrap gold. Showed the weight, with the gold on the scale, started the bidding at a reasonable price, etc. Sold it, buyer claimed it was not gold, shipped it back and it was NOT what was sent originally so he kept the gold and replaced it with pot metal and brass...took a pic and showed it to ebay/paypal (when ebay owned paypal), fought them, and still lost the money AND the real gold.

Foxy can figure out shipping by weighing the item on her bathroom scale, pick a zip code in NY, go to USPS online and put that info in, get a rough figure of what shipping will cost. Thats how I did it.

That would have upset me to no end, that's really my main concern anyway...being ripped off...plus having to go the post office which here is a nightmare.

That's also easier than it used to be -- you can just print off a shipping label at home, and leave it for your carrier to pick up (or hand it off). No extra charge, in fact it's often cheaper postage than the post office window will charge. I literally sell and ship things without ever leaving the house.

My main complaint with eBay is the nickel-and-dime selling fees -- one from eBay and another from PayPal. Other than that it's mostly OK. Depending of course on what you're selling.

Good morning all.

For the past week we have had Carly, the mini doxie, back with us and just learned this time may be for the long haul. Dana--our friend on the vigil list--has been upgraded 1A to get a new heart meaning she is #1 on the list at Salt Lake and they want her to stay close. And post surgery, once she has her new heart, she has to stay there for constant monitoring for up to 6 months to be sure there is no rejection.

Would appreciate everybody stepping up the prayers and/or positive vibes in her direction because if she does not get the heart in a timely manner, she probably is not going to live much longer. She already has a heart pump because the left side of her heart was failing and now there are signs of right heart failure. She is still young--mid 50's--and has so much more of her life left to live.
Aww prayers for your friend. I'll bet the dog misses her too :(

My brother and sister-in-law thanked my efforts at watching their dog Teddy while they vacationed in sunny Florida. They gave me Amazon gift cards and they are burning a hole in my pocket. I think I'll do the right thing and get Daisy the Mutt a new collar, maybe something with an Ohio State Buckeyes theme or the Pittsburgh Steelers. She already rocks a Pittsburgh Pirates collar in the summertime.

I also thought about a new baseball cap for me. There's a fitted cap that, atop my handsome head would be spectacular. I only need to measure Daisy's neck and my headbone to make sure the sizes are right.

But now I need a tape measure. I have yardsticks and rulers, a 15' and a 25' retractable tape and even a 200 foot long surveyor's chain. But not a simple tape with inches and increments thereon.

So it's time to stop at the Dollar General and navigate that place for this simple tool. Dishwashing liquid is marketed along side transmission fluid right beside crayons and lipsticks. Nothing makes sense in there.

Rain! RAINRAINRAINRAINRAIN. Oy. I love rain. Or rather, lovED rain. Not any more. I am tired of it. We are being bombarded with sheets of it. Can't even see across the street!!!
Looks like I am stuck in the house/room again. :(

BloomDragonEgg_zpsssp9bomm.png

Rain! RAINRAINRAINRAINRAIN. Oy. I love rain. Or rather, lovED rain. Not any more. I am tired of it. We are being bombarded with sheets of it. Can't even see across the street!!!

We could use a lot of rain--very high fire index here and that is not good most especially this early in the year. Coyote Bunny sure left a pretty Easter egg in your post though. :)

None here but we do expect some tonight...maybe, cause if it's less than a 50% chance, it usually doesn't happen.

We sure got a lot of rain this winter, we needed it and I think we're still getting the melt off from the mountains. We have flood warnings every day and it's not because it's raining...think it's the melt off.

My brother and sister-in-law thanked my efforts at watching their dog Teddy while they vacationed in sunny Florida. They gave me Amazon gift cards and they are burning a hole in my pocket. I think I'll do the right thing and get Daisy the Mutt a new collar, maybe something with an Ohio State Buckeyes theme or the Pittsburgh Steelers. She already rocks a Pittsburgh Pirates collar in the summertime.

I also thought about a new baseball cap for me. There's a fitted cap that, atop my handsome head would be spectacular. I only need to measure Daisy's neck and my headbone to make sure the sizes are right.

But now I need a tape measure. I have yardsticks and rulers, a 15' and a 25' retractable tape and even a 200 foot long surveyor's chain. But not a simple tape with inches and increments thereon.

So it's time to stop at the Dollar General and navigate that place for this simple tool. Dishwashing liquid is marketed along side transmission fluid right beside crayons and lipsticks. Nothing makes sense in there.

I grew up in Pittsburgh and I'm a pirates and steelers fan, but I lived most of my younger days as a wife and mother in Chicago, so the CUBS are my number one team...I was so excited here in Fresno watching that game, lol.

Of course living in CA., I'm also a 49ers fan but meh, not really. :)

We have been without internet since early Tuesday morning.
Just had the service guy fix it right now
When I called on tue. they said this fri. was the earliest he could get here. He does most of Cochise County.
Hubby missed it the most. I had my books on kindle.
I missed being here.
I have lots of catching up to do. :)

I just bought my last carton of cigs. April 1st, all cartons anywhere in Calif go up an extra 20 bucks. Which means 60 bucks per carton. No can do, so....I am beginning the weaning process NOW.

Sent from my Z981 using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Cold. COLD here. And the hail that pounded us hurt our ears even in the house. I can imagine what it would have felt like if we were still in the car.

I am so DAMN tired of wet and cold and joint pain due to it. Even arizona sounds good to me now, but they are getting pounded too. So...MrG and I stay in our warm room and watch tv all day. Can't do anything else.
Fluff Mr. G. up and cuddle close. Cold is so very relative. It's still in the teens here, but it feels warmer because the sun is shining on us.
Spring is here, though. My first two kids are here, we are nursing the doeling because her hind legs are weak and she needs assistance.

This should be my egg. Right? :lol:

This should be my egg. Right? :lol:

I figure if the bunny person stuck in into your post, then by golly it's yours!!!

Forum List

Back