🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

On a whole nother note, I have a wild turkey hanging around somewhere in my back yard. I heard him yesterday when I got home, gobbling as I walked to my back door. This morning, he greeted me full gobble as soon as I walked outside. It was still dark, so I haven't seen him.
My yard is not his yard. If he doesn't like it, he can move on. Just wait til the next door neighbor starts HIS spring activities. Yikes. Mr. Turkey might be spending the night in one of the pines on the boundary line of my property. Behind the lawn is a grown up old field, plenty of places to hide.
Be careful Tom turkeyscan be aggressive and they're big enough to do some damage.

Good morning all. Busy day here. Will do some light touch up housekeeping, trip to the store for a few things, cook for our dinner party tonight. The weather here has been glorious all week--no wind, mid 70's during the day, but cool nights for sleeping. I could live with this year round.

Same for me, except the dinner party....my weather has been similar in Fresno.

I have more than touch up housekeeping to do though...just got over Bronchitis.

On a whole nother note, I have a wild turkey hanging around somewhere in my back yard. I heard him yesterday when I got home, gobbling as I walked to my back door. This morning, he greeted me full gobble as soon as I walked outside. It was still dark, so I haven't seen him.
My yard is not his yard. If he doesn't like it, he can move on. Just wait til the next door neighbor starts HIS spring activities. Yikes. Mr. Turkey might be spending the night in one of the pines on the boundary line of my property. Behind the lawn is a grown up old field, plenty of places to hide.
Be careful Tom turkeyscan be aggressive and they're big enough to do some damage.

I don't have them here in my yard in Fresno but my daughter has lots of wild turkeys in hers in Monterey. Also other critters...scary when I'm there with my little dachshund.

There are two productions being filmed in our downtown at the moment. There is a pilot for a network comedy being filmed, as well as a Netflix original movie. Hopefully they don't cause traffic issues, we drive through downtown as many as 4 days a week to take the little one to soccer and karate.

Having a movie or TV production company in town is usually fun though. Albuquerque has somebody working here almost all the time. It WAS all the time when the "Breaking Bad" series was shot here.

Same with swans. They can be downright mean and don't appreciate being 'bossed around'. And I've seen an angry goose run a few folks too. :)

I don't have them here in my yard in Fresno but my daughter has lots of wild turkeys in hers in Monterey. Also other critters...scary when I'm there with my little dachshund.

Your daughter is in Monterey? So is mine. Or a suburb of Monterey. Small world huh.

Yes, my daughter isn't exactly in Monterey but on the peninsula...didn't want to say exactly where she lived.

I go there often...it's about 2.5 hr drive from Fresno.

Last night our dinner guests--my aunt (who lives here) and my cousin, her daughter and grandson from Wichita, gave us a crash course on how to use Ebay. Talk about a learning curve. Don't know how brave we will be wading in there, but I think we could put it to good use if we do figure it all out.

EBay scares me but my son uses it a lot...both buying and selling. My daughter has searched for hard to find items that her son's have to have.
She's never sold anything though but has purchased a few items.
I am downsizing but I just don't have the patience to sell on there...

That's us. We're steadily downsizing and need to find homes for a lot of usable stuff. But we'll probably wind up donating it instead of trying to sell most of it. But some, like my extraneous owl collection, has some real value and I think there is a market for it out there. Figuring shipping costs--plus the hassle of shipping--is the main roadblock for me.

That's always a mystery at first. What I do is look around for several examples of sellers with something similar, and see what they're charging to ship, then take an average. Another way if you don't have a scale, put a sample box together, including protective filling, and take it to the PO unsealed and axe them for shipping prices. It'll put you in the ballpark.

eBay will also ship it outside the US if your buyer is foreign, and all you have to do is ship it to Kentucky. No extra charge or paperwork, they take care of all that. That's a useful service they didn't used to do. I've sold stuff to Europe and Australia that way. Very easy.

Last night our dinner guests--my aunt (who lives here) and my cousin, her daughter and grandson from Wichita, gave us a crash course on how to use Ebay. Talk about a learning curve. Don't know how brave we will be wading in there, but I think we could put it to good use if we do figure it all out.

EBay scares me but my son uses it a lot...both buying and selling. My daughter has searched for hard to find items that her son's have to have.
She's never sold anything though but has purchased a few items.
I am downsizing but I just don't have the patience to sell on there...

That's us. We're steadily downsizing and need to find homes for a lot of usable stuff. But we'll probably wind up donating it instead of trying to sell most of it. But some, like my extraneous owl collection, has some real value and I think there is a market for it out there. Figuring shipping costs--plus the hassle of shipping--is the main roadblock for me.

It's all so overwhelming for me...I live alone, I don't even know where to begin.

I collect angels and elephants but they're of little value except sentimental...maybe a few that are worth something but not much even then.

I can't even do a garage sale by myself, don't even want to really. I have dreams of getting a few things out and the rest going up in flames, lol...just kidding of course. :)

Same with swans. They can be downright mean and don't appreciate being 'bossed around'. And I've seen an angry goose run a few folks too. :)

You are so right about swans, we have a park near me that has a small lake and you can go there and feed the couple hundred swans if you are brave enough...they see that bread and they're on you...scary.

I got Medicare last April first and it's been great. I didn't have insurance before that because Obamacare sucked and didn't work for me..so I went without and paid cash for what I needed.

I did pay $200 a few years ago for a shingles shot because my ex got shingles and it scared me...hope yours isn't as bad.

Good luck!!

Welcome to the Coffee Shop CEECEE. So happy you've joined us. We hope you are enjoying USMB but it can get pretty rough out there. The Coffee Shop is a great refuge to just kick back and enjoy people. Be sure to read over the OP to see what we are all about and just keep joining right in. And nobody is expected to read back in the Coffee Shop. You just join in where you come in.

First timers to the Coffee Shop receive a complimentary beverage:

Beautiful-coffee-art-examples-1.jpg
Can I have some too? I'm thirsty
drink1.gif
:biggrin:

Absolutely! I was just thinking I could really enjoy that right now.

I added a bit of coffee to my tea a couple of days ago.....and my belly showed its displeasure. :( Apparently I just need to never drink coffee. :(
Maybe decaf coffee could be better for you :)

Sadly, no. Decaf does bad things to my belly, too. :(

There are two productions being filmed in our downtown at the moment. There is a pilot for a network comedy being filmed, as well as a Netflix original movie. Hopefully they don't cause traffic issues, we drive through downtown as many as 4 days a week to take the little one to soccer and karate.

Having a movie or TV production company in town is usually fun though. Albuquerque has somebody working here almost all the time. It WAS all the time when the "Breaking Bad" series was shot here.

The Walking Dead films in this area, we've had them shoot scenes at the high school just a couple of minutes drive from the house. Thankfully, we've never had any major traffic issues. I guess they do a good job of staying off the roads when they are here, and haven't had to shoot many (or any) scenes requiring blocking the roads when here.

Okay, the winds have truly arrived, I can barely make out the Franklin Mountains in the dust storm.

The winds in Fresno are considered bad if they're about 20 mph...usually don't get much wind, we sit in the valley.
This is the high desert, often windy and lots of dust storms. The base of the mountains are about a mile and a half (as the crow flies) from our house. The mountains are completely obscured now but this is a mild dust/sand storm, I can still see a few blocks away........ :D

The little one has a list of spelling assignments she can choose from each day for her homework. Today she chose the one that has her type her spelling words in different fonts. I wanted to be silly, so I asked, "Do you have a typewriter?" She replied, "What's a typewriter?" I feel old. :p

IMG_0506.JPG
Okay, the winds have truly arrived, I can barely make out the Franklin Mountains in the dust storm.

The winds in Fresno are considered bad if they're about 20 mph...usually don't get much wind, we sit in the valley.
This is the high desert, often windy and lots of dust storms. The base of the mountains are about a mile and a half (as the crow flies) from our house. The mountains are completely obscured now but this is a mild dust/sand storm, I can still see a few blocks away........ :D

Our winds right now are 6 mph...although I'm not surrounded by mountains, I'm very close to the foothills as I live very far north in Fresno...they must block our wind.

The little one has a list of spelling assignments she can choose from each day for her homework. Today she chose the one that has her type her spelling words in different fonts. I wanted to be silly, so I asked, "Do you have a typewriter?" She replied, "What's a typewriter?" I feel old. :p

Ha ha, I have those moments with my grandsons especially when I mention a group from my youth, they look at me like who's Simon and Garfunkle?
I was trying to be cool and was telling them about a cover "Disturbed" did of "the sounds of Silence" but they never heard that song. :(

View attachment 118182

Our winds right now are 6 mph...although I'm not surrounded by mountains, I'm very close to the foothills as I live very far north in Fresno...they must block our wind.
Here in and around El Paso;

ElPaso.jpg

4026929_f520.jpg

img-16.jpg

The mountains here don't always block the wind, often they accelerate the wind speed as the wind flows down the opposite slope.

Forum List

Back