🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

:eusa_doh: Of course. That's it, innit. Silly me.

Everybody should get their own Equinoxes depending on l'attitude.

Equinox equality surprisingly is not a thing.

Perhaps we should protest in the streets for it.

Good luck pulling a permit from Foxfyre. :lol:

Hmm. That would be a puzzlement. Would a protest for equitable equinoxes be too political for the Coffee Shop? I'll have to think on that one. :)

:eusa_doh: Of course. That's it, innit. Silly me.

Everybody should get their own Equinoxes depending on l'attitude.

Equinox equality surprisingly is not a thing.

Perhaps we should protest in the streets for it.

Good luck pulling a permit from Foxfyre. :lol:

Hmm. That would be a puzzlement. Would a protest for equitable equinoxes be too political for the Coffee Shop? I'll have to think on that one. :)

Hey, if we can protest Fakelight Shavings Time..... :death:

It is a weird day so far here. It keeps flurrying but then it will suddenly stop and the sun will come out, then it will get dark and flurry again. The sun is out now, but I can see some more dark spots heading my way! Yesterday was nice, but I'm still waiting for some nice steady 60 degree weather! :D
You can have some of the upper 80s, 90 degree days we're having.

I am not looking forward to those kinds of temps but we won't start getting them most likely until well into May.
It's supposed to cool back down again. Supposedly this is the second mildest winter down here on record. The Mulberry tree which shed it's leaves in January is almost fully leafed out again. All the HVAC companies are booked solid early summerizing the heating systems and turning on the swamps.

Wait, whoa.

"Turning on the swamps"? There's a switch for that?
Wait'll I tell Louisiana. I'll be famous.
Swamp coolers don't work well in Louisiana. South Texas, yes.
South Texas? Unless you're thinking of a different south Texas then that's too humid.

Yahoo! First day of Spring! It's been warmer here, but expected to drop back to single digit temps the next couple of days. Roads are a mixed bag, icy here, running water there.
The goats were romping around like it's Springtime, though. I'm still watching for my first kids and there was a newborn kitten in my milk room this afternoon. Mom moved it ASAP after I made my appearance. I watched her run off two toms, too!

It is a weird day so far here. It keeps flurrying but then it will suddenly stop and the sun will come out, then it will get dark and flurry again. The sun is out now, but I can see some more dark spots heading my way! Yesterday was nice, but I'm still waiting for some nice steady 60 degree weather! :D

I am not looking forward to those kinds of temps but we won't start getting them most likely until well into May.
I'm not looking forward to those temps either but people around here are opening up their pools around Memorial day.

I don't have one but I use my neighbor's so we help them open it and then close it in Sept.

Just hauled all of my tax stuff down to the accountant's office. It's that time of the year again. Did I mention that I hate tax time? My accountant was in a jolly mood. He always is. Says he will give me the verdict one day next week.

Just hauled all of my tax stuff down to the accountant's office. It's that time of the year again. Did I mention that I hate tax time? My accountant was in a jolly mood. He always is. Says he will give me the verdict one day next week.

One of our family members pulled a bunch of money out of the 401k for a good down payment on a California house near the coast--expensive!!! for not that much house. Makes a very nice salary too so when got the tax return back, owes $26,000 in income taxes! No way we could live in that country.

Just threw a the ingredients for a pork stew in the crock pot. Let it do most of the work........ :thup:

I'm about to throw a nice pork loin roast in the oven. Didn't think about throwing it in the crockpot and there's no time to do it that way now.
I've done that, what I use for oven roasted is make a mustard glaze.

Ingredients
  • 1 (4 1/2 to 5 1/2-pound) bone-in pork loin end roast
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1 1/2 cups apple juice
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 3 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Take the pork out of the refrigerator 45 minutes before you are ready to roast to allow the pork to come to temperature.

Place the pork into a roasting pan fitted with a rack or onto a baking sheet, fat side up, and season with salt and pepper. Put in the oven and roast for 1 hour. Meanwhile, make the glaze.

In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the apple juice to a boil and reduce it by half, about 10 minutes. Whisk in the brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard and simmer until thickened, another 5 to 7 minutes.

After the pork has roasted for 1 hour, start brushing it with the glaze every 15 minutes. Cook until the roast reaches an internal temperature of 150 degrees F, about 2 hours total cook time. Remove from the oven, give it another coating of glaze, and let it rest, uncovered, for 15 minutes before carving. (Reserve 1 cup of the meat for the Round 2 Recipe Pork Hash).

Pork Roast with Apple Mustard Glaze

Cold. COLD here. And the hail that pounded us hurt our ears even in the house. I can imagine what it would have felt like if we were still in the car.

I am so DAMN tired of wet and cold and joint pain due to it. Even arizona sounds good to me now, but they are getting pounded too. So...MrG and I stay in our warm room and watch tv all day. Can't do anything else.

It's supposed to cool back down again. Supposedly this is the second mildest winter down here on record. The Mulberry tree which shed it's leaves in January is almost fully leafed out again. All the HVAC companies are booked solid early summerizing the heating systems and turning on the swamps.

Wait, whoa.

South Texas? Unless you're thinking of a different south Texas then that's too humid.
El Paso? Worst cold I ever had was in El Paso sleeping under a swamp cooler fan.

Wait, whoa.

El Paso? Worst cold I ever had was in El Paso sleeping under a swamp cooler fan.
That's what ya get for sleeping under the fan........... I typically sleep in my bed in the bedroom........

Just threw a the ingredients for a pork stew in the crock pot. Let it do most of the work........ :thup:

I'm about to throw a nice pork loin roast in the oven. Didn't think about throwing it in the crockpot and there's no time to do it that way now.

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups apple juice
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Take the pork out of the refrigerator 45 minutes before you are ready to roast to allow the pork to come to temperature.

Place the pork into a roasting pan fitted with a rack or onto a baking sheet, fat side up, and season with salt and pepper. Put in the oven and roast for 1 hour. Meanwhile, make the glaze.

In a saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the apple juice to a boil and reduce it by half, about 10 minutes. Whisk in the brown sugar, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard and simmer until thickened, another 5 to 7 minutes.

After the pork has roasted for 1 hour, start brushing it with the glaze every 15 minutes. Cook until the roast reaches an internal temperature of 150 degrees F, about 2 hours total cook time. Remove from the oven, give it another coating of glaze, and let it rest, uncovered, for 15 minutes before carving. (Reserve 1 cup of the meat for the Round 2 Recipe Pork Hash).

That's pretty much how I do it, except that I rub salt and pepper into the meat and then brown it on all sides before putting in the roasting pan. And then I cover with a honey barbeque sauce adding more every 20 minutes or so. I do rest it before carving and then slice thinly and add more warm barbeque sauce to mostly cover the slices and serve. Don't know how the barbequed meat would go in the hash though. :)

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups apple juice
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions

That's pretty much how I do it, except that I rub salt and pepper into the meat and then brown it on all sides before putting in the roasting pan. And then I cover with a honey barbeque sauce adding more every 20 minutes or so. I do rest it before carving and then slice thinly and add more warm barbeque sauce to mostly cover the slices and serve. Don't know how the barbequed meat would go in the hash though. :)
Yeah I always season then brown my beef and pork roasts/cubes before roasting or stewing.

Cold. COLD here. And the hail that pounded us hurt our ears even in the house. I can imagine what it would have felt like if we were still in the car.

I am so DAMN tired of wet and cold and joint pain due to it. Even arizona sounds good to me now, but they are getting pounded too. So...MrG and I stay in our warm room and watch tv all day. Can't do anything else.
I always want to cook or do laundry in weather like that.

Housemate is tight with the heater in the house. It is as cold out there in the kitchen and living room as outside. Which means I wear a coat when cooking dinner or breakfast. It gets really hot here in the summer, and he does not have air conditioning either. We hope we are out of here before July.

Housemate is tight with the heater in the house. It is as cold out there in the kitchen and living room as outside. Which means I wear a coat when cooking dinner or breakfast. It gets really hot here in the summer, and he does not have air conditioning either. We hope we are out of here before July.
I hope so too but it should be breezy up there. Try not to get anxious waiting.

I kinda like tax time. I usually have H&R Block do mine and they're filed usually the first day they can be. Thing is as a 100% service connected disabled veteran, I get all my property taxes back, and surprisingly they went down $330, thanks to Gov. Walker. Gotta love that. They were still $862 on 1.3 acres and two permanent structures.

I asked about cool breezes. They said nope. HOT. Summer gets to 90 and 110. Good thing the front of the house faces south and the back faces north. No hot sun beating in our windows since it is solid wall east and west in our room with our windows facing south and north.
We are taking it one day at a time...waiting patiently. It will happen. Home. :)

I asked about cool breezes. They said nope. HOT. Summer gets to 90 and 110. Good thing the front of the house faces south and the back faces north. No hot sun beating in our windows since it is solid wall east and west in our room with our windows facing south and north.
We are taking it one day at a time...waiting patiently. It will happen. Home. :)
Good girl. You didn't make a mistake, you couldn't have dealt with the stairs. Deep breaths.

Forum List

Back