USMB Coffee Shop IV

I kept hitting the snooze button but the alarm wasn't set..........

funny_monday_morning_pictures_1.jpg

Good morning everybody. Hope everyone is having a good Monday and looking forward to a good week. We're still busy, busy with houseguests and related activities and I'm having a hard time answering PMs and getting back to some of you, so please be patient. By Wednesday afternoon everything will be back to normal.

On this day in history, July 7, 1947, it was believed that an alien spacecraft crashed in the desert roughly 50 miles northwest of Roswell NM--an event to be known in history and a developed mythology as 'The Roswelll Incident.' Initially, government investigation reported recovery of a large disc-shaped object and extra-terrestrial 'bodies' with subsquent autopsies on an alien corpse.

One photo supposed to have been taken at the site in 1947:
th

Soon after the event, however, the government position was that they recovered an experimental weather balloon from a secret military project code named Mogul, there were no bodies, and excitement was unjustified. But. . . the government locked away all that stuff and classified it top secret for the next 50 years. My own congressman several years ago attempted to find out more information on it but was stonewalled at every turn. When the classification period ended about seven years ago, the rumors were that most of the classified information had been inadvertently 'lost' or 'destroyed'.

Now in recent decades I have spent many a night in Roswell on business and had occasion to do some work out in the crash site area. That gave me opportunity to speak with people who have lived out there all their lives and a few folks who were there at the time of the crash and who saw the debris before the military sealed off the area. All of these people, without exception, are quite certain that what they saw was no weather balloon. And. . . they were ordered by the military to not talk to anybody about what they had seen.

Roswell has developed a local cottage industry developed around the event with a UFO museum and an annual UFO festival and sale of all manner of UFO-related fun stuff like T-shirts and curios and what nots and have had a lot of fun with it.

I report. You decide. :)

On this day in history, July 7, 1947, it was believed that an alien spacecraft crashed in the desert roughly 50 miles northwest of Roswell NM--an event to be known in history and a developed mythology as 'The Roswelll Incident.' Initially, government investigation reported recovery of a large disc-shaped object and extra-terrestrial 'bodies' with subsquent autopsies on an alien corpse.

th

Soon after the event, however, the government position was that they recovered an experimental weather balloon from a secret military project code named Mogul, there were no bodies, and excitement was unjustified. But. . . the government locked away all that stuff and classified it top secret for the next 50 years. My own congressman several years ago attempted to find out more information on it but was stonewalled at every turn. When the classification period ended about seven years ago, the rumors were that most of the classified information had been inadvertently 'lost' or 'destroyed'.

Now in recent decades I have spent many a night in Roswell on business and had occasion to do some work out in the crash site area. That gave me opportunity to speak with people who have lived out there all their lives and a few folks who were there at the time of the crash and who saw the debris before the military sealed off the area. All of these people, without exception, are quite certain that what they saw was no weather balloon. And. . . they were ordered by the military to not talk to anybody about what they had seen.

Roswell has developed a local cottage industry developed around the event with a UFO museum and an annual UFO festival and sale of all manner of UFO-related fun stuff like T-shirts and curios and what nots and have had a lot of fun with it.

Capitalism! I love it.

The dead aliens and most of the craft was sent up to Wright Field (now: Wright-Patterson Air Force Base) in Dayton (Fairborn), Ohio.

The two aliens who survived like strawberry ice cream. They are also telepathic. :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
What!! No slaw? Why, that's sacrilege here in the South, Suh!

We have huge spreads like that at different holidays and events. I'd have some chicken and mashed taters with a little slaw or a salad. I just can't eat all that heavy food anymore. It makes me miserable for the rest of the night.

I know, I'm getting to be a wimp.
Nothing beats a holiday smorgasbord. Good food and good company. :thup:

Gads, I hate those things. They are just too tempting for my goals...:lol:

Good morning everybody. Hope everyone is having a good Monday and looking forward to a good week. We're still busy, busy with houseguests and related activities and I'm having a hard time answering PMs and getting back to some of you, so please be patient. By Wednesday afternoon everything will be back to normal.

Your latest avi reflecting Wednesday afternoon, I hope??? :D

Hi Foxy, I got a bunch of phonecalls returned this morning and as soon as I can get motivated, I'm doing laundry. :)

Have fun with your houseguests, I love it when people come to stay. I'm getting some August 1 thru the 5th.

th

If I could ever ask a sitting US President one question for which he has to answer truthfully (I know it would be hard), it would be "Do UFOs exist?".

Your latest avi reflecting Wednesday afternoon, I hope??? :D

LOL. I wish. It was the only one I could find with a fox in it AND that exemplified summer. :)

Love your new avi, Foxfyre. :) :thup:

th

If I could ever ask a sitting US President one question for which he has to answer truthfully (I know it would be hard), it would be "Do UFOs exist?".

The more important question would be:

WHERE'S THE FOOD?!?!?

:lol:

Forum List

Back