USMB Coffee Shop IV

I love me some spam. I'm trying to gain some weight. I grilled the best burgers and hot dogs I've ever eaten. Ate 2 burgers and 3 hot dogs. I'm on my 3rd Shock Top Belgian White. Didn't even give me a little belly and I don't feel stuffed. What in the world?

I hate you! Just know that as I gain weight while eating salads with no dressing and vegetables with no taste, I'm thinking about you with lots and lots of hate.

I was at the doctors a few weeks ago. when he weighed me he said, you've been coming to me for 7 years now and your weight hasn't changed at all.

I just found something that reminded me of my younger childhood. When the ice cream man would come around, my favorite was an orange push up.

images1.jpg

I think that I'm a little old to run out and meet the ice cream man now, but I just tried an orange freeze from BK and it was like drinking an orange push up.:banana:

burger-king-orange-freeze-02.JPG

my favorite was either a chocolate éclair or this thing that was two chocolate chip cookies with ice cream in the middle

Mmm I have chicken in the freezer! Sounds good. :D
Add some mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and buttermilk biscuits, and you have the perfect meal ... :thup:
What!! No slaw? Why, that's sacrilege here in the South, Suh!

We have huge spreads like that at different holidays and events. I'd have some chicken and mashed taters with a little slaw or a salad. I just can't eat all that heavy food anymore. It makes me miserable for the rest of the night.

I know, I'm getting to be a wimp.

Add some mashed potatoes, corn on the cob, and buttermilk biscuits, and you have the perfect meal ... :thup:
What!! No slaw? Why, that's sacrilege here in the South, Suh!

We have huge spreads like that at different holidays and events. I'd have some chicken and mashed taters with a little slaw or a salad. I just can't eat all that heavy food anymore. It makes me miserable for the rest of the night.

I know, I'm getting to be a wimp.
Nothing beats a holiday smorgasbord. Good food and good company. :thup:

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and friend,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel
Ollie, Mrs O and family in the loss of their Angie,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks for adding Tracy to the list, Foxy. :) I am sure all those extra thoughts and prayers will have her feeling better in no time at all. :)
I posted her a Get Well card this morning, she should have it tomorrow.

Good morning all. And on this day in history. . . .

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

BigBlackDog​

wsb_277x298_black_labrador++cake.jpg

007​

tumblr_mdtgjyTg671rs9mudo1_500.jpg

Spoonman​

main4.jpg

See what ya miss if you take a little vacation! Happy Birthday to this crew of fine, upstanding gentlemen!

And I'm back at work on a Monday morning. Is there any worse Monday than the one after a respite from the office? I tend to doubt it.

I finally got the weeds yanked from the 'mulch yard' out front on the North Lawn. I hired the son of a friend of mine. His name is Aaron. I know he needs some extra cash and I thought pulling weeds would be a great way for him to earn it. But he showed up at 2:00 Thursday afternoon and stuck around until 5:00 without accomplishing much other than catching up on his texts and other forms of communication. There were some weeds pulled, but only an area that could be covered by the shadow of a Smart Car. Saturday he came back and pulled a few more, but as he arrived at 7:00 in the evening, I could not expect him to finish. So, in the gloaming of 9:00, I went out and 'helped' him out. His headphones were on and he was surprised to see me out there actually doing the work he had been hired to do.

'We' got the job done and I slipped him $30 for his 'effort'. I've never seen a more lackluster effort from a young man. But, in the long run, the task is now finished and a yard of new mulch will be delivered Saturday morning. It's just what the North Lawn needs.

Sometime in the future, perhaps in the year 2082 some disaster will happen. A dam will collapse or a bridge will fall. Senate hearings will be held. Someone will testify that one of the contractors pulled an "Aaron". Shoddy, incomplete and uncraftsmanlike work. Everyone will understand precisely what an "Aaron" is and no translation will be needed.

On the upside, I woke up today to find my beloved Pittsburgh Pirates only 4.5 games behind the division leader with one week until the All-Star break! After the April we endured, this is great news for the rest of the summer!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back