USMB Coffee Shop IV

On this day in history, July 7, 1947, it was believed that an alien spacecraft crashed in the desert roughly 50 miles northwest of Roswell NM--an event to be known in history and a developed mythology as 'The Roswelll Incident.' Initially, government investigation reported recovery of a large disc-shaped object and extra-terrestrial 'bodies' with subsquent autopsies on an alien corpse.

One photo supposed to have been taken at the site in 1947:
th

Soon after the event, however, the government position was that they recovered an experimental weather balloon from a secret military project code named Mogul, there were no bodies, and excitement was unjustified. But. . . the government locked away all that stuff and classified it top secret for the next 50 years. My own congressman several years ago attempted to find out more information on it but was stonewalled at every turn. When the classification period ended about seven years ago, the rumors were that most of the classified information had been inadvertently 'lost' or 'destroyed'.

Now in recent decades I have spent many a night in Roswell on business and had occasion to do some work out in the crash site area. That gave me opportunity to speak with people who have lived out there all their lives and a few folks who were there at the time of the crash and who saw the debris before the military sealed off the area. All of these people, without exception, are quite certain that what they saw was no weather balloon. And. . . they were ordered by the military to not talk to anybody about what they had seen.

Roswell has developed a local cottage industry developed around the event with a UFO museum and an annual UFO festival and sale of all manner of UFO-related fun stuff like T-shirts and curios and what nots and have had a lot of fun with it.

I report. You decide. :)
If I could ever ask a sitting US President one question for which he has to answer truthfully (I know it would be hard), it would be "Do UFOs exist?".

President Carter and Regan tried very hard to get government info on them.
Both President's believes they do exist because they say they saw one.

On this day in history, July 7, 1947, it was believed that an alien spacecraft crashed in the desert roughly 50 miles northwest of Roswell NM--an event to be known in history and a developed mythology as 'The Roswelll Incident.' Initially, government investigation reported recovery of a large disc-shaped object and extra-terrestrial 'bodies' with subsquent autopsies on an alien corpse.

th

Soon after the event, however, the government position was that they recovered an experimental weather balloon from a secret military project code named Mogul, there were no bodies, and excitement was unjustified. But. . . the government locked away all that stuff and classified it top secret for the next 50 years. My own congressman several years ago attempted to find out more information on it but was stonewalled at every turn. When the classification period ended about seven years ago, the rumors were that most of the classified information had been inadvertently 'lost' or 'destroyed'.

Now in recent decades I have spent many a night in Roswell on business and had occasion to do some work out in the crash site area. That gave me opportunity to speak with people who have lived out there all their lives and a few folks who were there at the time of the crash and who saw the debris before the military sealed off the area. All of these people, without exception, are quite certain that what they saw was no weather balloon. And. . . they were ordered by the military to not talk to anybody about what they had seen.

Roswell has developed a local cottage industry developed around the event with a UFO museum and an annual UFO festival and sale of all manner of UFO-related fun stuff like T-shirts and curios and what nots and have had a lot of fun with it.

If I could ever ask a sitting US President one question for which he has to answer truthfully (I know it would be hard), it would be "Do UFOs exist?".

Seeing a UFO doesn't mean that you believe that aliens from outer space are visiting the earth. A UFO is simply something that you cannot identify in the sky. Yes, I have seen one that I couldn't identify once. I have no idea what it was but it could have been the sun reflecting off a weather balloon that had gone off track. Commercial pilots have seen all kinds of things they cannot identify either. But they don't believe that they are space aliens either. Light can play all kinds of tricks on our eyes.

Seeing a UFO doesn't mean that you believe that aliens from outer space are visiting the earth. A UFO is simply something that you cannot identify in the sky. Yes, I have seen one that I couldn't identify once. I have no idea what it was but it could have been the sun reflecting off a weather balloon that had gone off track. Commercial pilots have seen all kinds of things they cannot identify either. But they don't believe that they are space aliens either. Light can play all kinds of tricks on our eyes.

Back in the 60's, when my dad was stationed in Nebraska, we saw a UFO one night. The whole family watched as the light made turns that no aircraft could. The next day it was in the paper that it was a weather balloon. We weren't the only one's who saw it. My dad just said, "It's like no weather balloon I ever saw."

Someone suggested it could have been a lightening ball. Except those corners were so darn 45degree.....maybe, I just know it wasn't a weather balloon.

th

The more important question would be:

WHERE'S THE FOOD?!?!?

:lol:
That goes without saying. However, I could ask anyone in the Whitehouse to direct me to the kitchen, and then I can easily locate the fridge. :lol:

th

Even if one day we had an official confirmation of an unidentified flying object by government officials, no one would know for sure if it were really aliens from another planet. It could very well be a time machine from our planet that has travelled into the past.

Last edited:

Even if one day we had an official confirmation of an identified flying object by government officials, no one would know for sure if it were really aliens from another planet. It could very well be a time machine from our planet that has travelled into the past.

:eek:

:eusa_think:

Even if one day we had an official confirmation of an unidentified flying object by government officials, no one would know for sure if it were really aliens from another planet. It could very well be a time machine from our planet that has travelled into the past.

We'd know for certain they're covering something up........ :eusa_whistle:

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and friend Tracy,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel
Ollie, Mrs O and family in the loss of their Angie,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, and Sunshine.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Tracy got her card in the mail this morning and loves it. She gets tired very quickly and sleeps a lot, so it will be some time before she comes back to train with us. I am going to ring her tonight because I have a possible idea that might just put a smile on her face...

Ah Tuesday! You gotta wonder how the day is going to go when it begins with your own security access denying you a login to Webex for your very first meeting. :lol:

Reboot, try again! /sigh

There is no way computers are ever going to be smarter than us because we aren't smart enough to make them foolproof in the first place.

And that, my friends, is your Derideo_Te insight for today! :D

Have a nice one, or at least a better one than it looks like I will be having.

187il8ucu8wrtjpg.jpg

dont-worry-im-from-tech-support-computer-cat-meme.jpg

im-not-saying-lets-kill-all-the-stupid-people.png

Forum List

Back