🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Here it's almost 8 pm but good morning to you CeeCee
ciao.gif

View attachment 119535

It was unusually windy yesterday and during the night in Fresno, heard a lot of falling type noises, as soon as it's light out I'll go see the damage and hope not to find any. At least no trees fell on my house.

The winds were about 28mph and it was horrid, can't imagine what really bad winds are like.

I think Ringel05 was talking about the high winds he was experiencing in El Paso the day I came on here....can't even imagine.

28 mph winds are considered a breezy day here. :)

I just looked at our local news and some trees are down and power is out in some areas...also a house and a car had a tree fall on them.

That's my nightmare. I have 3 very tall pines not far from my house in the backyard..if they fall in my direction...I'm a goner if I'm at home.
Do you need firewood?

No, I have a gas fireplace and I think we aren't even allowed to burn wood in our fireplaces in Fresno, at least most of the time. Air is bad here. :(

The wild turkey is back. He was gone for a few days--or I thought he was--but this morning he was full throat when I walked out the back door. News update: He's got a GIRL with him now. I talked back to him a few times, and each time I did he responded with a gobble-gobble-gobble and from deeper in the woods I heard a response from another turkey, but it wasn't a gobble like his--it was more like a bark or a honk, and it wasn't as loud. But every time he spoke, I heard her say "I'm okay."
Could be a long nesting season.
Aww! Just imagine how cute the little pults will be when they finally hatch.
Do turkeys nest in trees or on the ground? So far, I haven't spotted him/them.
Turkeys are heavy birds and will nest on the ground. Where I grew up, they would roost in trees, though. As far as I know, they do not mate for life and a wild tom will move on once a hen is settled.
I have not heard from him or his friend again. I believe you folks were right that he was still roosting in a pine on my property early that morning, a little before sunrise. And if Ma Turkey is settled, maybe he's moved on entirely. A neighbor at most a mile up the road counted a flock of 27 in the field across from them last week. Some of us are beginning to wonder if saving the wild turkey got a little out of hand. In a few places nearby, they had to start harvesting the blueberries early last year because flocks of turkeys were making such a mess of the fields.

Well, I think I'm all caught up, took an hour to read what I missed yesterday...can't say this is a boring forum, lol.

Actually I've only been on senior forums until now, what's the average age on here if anyone knows?

I love it here though but I'm not sure of all the socks and who is who but I feel safe enough in the lounge and coffee shop.

I need more coffee now....

The theme screams sociopaths. So..I won't go where they hang out. I should have started the thread in health forum. Duh.

I accidentally posted in the FZ a few days ago and got some STFUs and now I make sure Im in the right forum.

That was probably yiostheoy, he does that to just about everyone.

It was miketx and pillar I think.

A couple of well placed ignores and this place is pretty tame really fast.

View attachment 119535

It was unusually windy yesterday and during the night in Fresno, heard a lot of falling type noises, as soon as it's light out I'll go see the damage and hope not to find any. At least no trees fell on my house.

The winds were about 28mph and it was horrid, can't imagine what really bad winds are like.

I think Ringel05 was talking about the high winds he was experiencing in El Paso the day I came on here....can't even imagine.

I just looked at our local news and some trees are down and power is out in some areas...also a house and a car had a tree fall on them.

That's my nightmare. I have 3 very tall pines not far from my house in the backyard..if they fall in my direction...I'm a goner if I'm at home.
Do you need firewood?

No, I have a gas fireplace and I think we aren't even allowed to burn wood in our fireplaces in Fresno, at least most of the time. Air is bad here. :(

Albuquerque sits down inside a sort of bowl so that we have to go up in all directions to leave the city. And when there is a temperature inversion and little or no wind, the smoke from the fireplaces and wood stoves settles into the bowl creating less than optimum air quality and it is illegal to use your wood burners during such conditions.

So the radio stations inform everybody that is okay to use your fireplaces or it isn't okay to use your fireplaces. And over time all the weather announcers shortened that information to the bare minimum on the theory all the Albuquerqueans know the drill. I've often wondered though what people just driving through the city think when they hear on one of our local stations: "It's okay to burn today."

Well, I think I'm all caught up, took an hour to read what I missed yesterday...can't say this is a boring forum, lol.

Actually I've only been on senior forums until now, what's the average age on here if anyone knows?

I love it here though but I'm not sure of all the socks and who is who but I feel safe enough in the lounge and coffee shop.

I suspect the average age here in the Coffee Shop is probably a bit higher than the general forum because of a higher percentage of 'old schoolers' enjoying a forum that isn't non stop profanity and schoolyard insults. But we certainly have a broad and eclectic group here of all political persuasions, religions, walks of life, and a wide variety of nationalities, and ranging from teens, millenials, 30's, 40's and on up to us more seasoned citizens. :)

Getting lots of good April showers around here, and it's warmer than it has been the last two years. Hoping to get some walnuts and morels this year.

Last edited:
View attachment 119535

Do you need firewood?

Albuquerque sits down inside a sort of bowl so that we have to go up in all directions to leave the city. And when there is a temperature inversion and little or no wind, the smoke from the fireplaces and wood stoves settles into the bowl creating less than optimum air quality and it is illegal to use your wood burners during such conditions.

So the radio stations inform everybody that is okay to use your fireplaces or it isn't okay to use your fireplaces. And over time all the weather announcers shortened that information to the bare minimum on the theory all the Albuquerqueans know the drill. I've often wondered though what people just driving through the city think when they hear on one of our local stations: "It's okay to burn today."

Kind of sounds like the situation here.

I suspect the average age here in the Coffee Shop is probably a bit higher than the general forum because of a higher percentage of 'old schoolers' enjoying a forum that isn't non stop profanity and schoolyard insults. But we certainly have a broad and eclectic group here of all political persuasions, religions, walks of life, and a wide variety of nationalities, and ranging from teens, millenials, 30's, 40's and on up to us more seasoned citizens. :)
"... more seasoned"... ya, that's me... o_O

Good morning everyone! I wasn't on much yesterday and it looks like you can't miss a day on here...seems I missed a lot. :)

My shoulder was hurting and nothing seems to help when that happens, and it always happens for no reason. I can deal with my back pain with meds but they just don't seem to help my shoulder. :(

So yesterday I just binge watched Netflix.

Why is your shoulder hurting? I can relate as I have had chronic adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder syndrome) for a couple of years now. I've had cortisone shots and a ton of physical therapy, and it still gives me fits at time but I've learned to live with it, still do therapy at home, and hope it will eventually resolve. I've found two acetaminophen (Tylenol) PMs plus a naproxen allows me to get a good night's sleep though.

Last edited:

You are a dedicated Coffee Shopper CeeCee to read all the posts from the last time you checked in here. :) Most just read back a bit and then start in from where they come in. Kind of like if you were joining a regular group in a real Coffee Shop, you just pick up from where you came in. But several do read it all too so they don't miss anything. I try to, but I do miss a page or a post now and then.

*****PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT******

And hey guys, as innocuous and mild as it is, let's please don't call out folks from other threads in here. We have coffee shoppers who like to mix it up out there but are model citizens in here. And I don't want anybody who enjoys and respects the spirit of the Coffee Shop to feel unwelcome here.

We have seen how hurtful it is when mean spirited people read in here and then twist that information to taunt or torment somebody out there. So we don't want to bring our beefs with folks out there in here except in the most generic form. I don't mind blowing off a little steam now and then at all when things get ridiculous out there, but we don't want it to be directed personally or any barroom fights out there to spill over into here.

That's why the rule is, check your spurs at the door when you come in. :)

Thanks.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back