🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Looks like a select few have managed to screw up a simple egg hunt. Oh well it was fun for some while it lasted. I get disappointed when adults have to cheat or become overly competitive. Time to find other things to do in here and off the board. :(

I got 2 eggs, decided there was no way I'd ever win, and stopped looking. :dunno:
Looking for what?

For the Easter eggs that Coyote, Kat, and Aye have been hiding all over USMB. You'll find the eggstravaganza thread in Announcements. :)

Morning all!

Foxy - I can't stand crows. A few years ago, a belligerent bunch took over our neighborhood. Now, we hardly ever see the morning doves and songbirds that used to nest every year.
You don't have ravens, do you? While reputed to be intelligent, and granted a wide variety of vocalizations, ravens are a PITA. I.E. I always know where my barn cats are by observing where the ravens are harassing some poor animal. Magpies are almost as bad.

Hello: May I have a refill on my coffee and an egg please?
studying.gif

Hello Tom Horn ! I see that you are not new to USMB but I don't find your name signed in on the register so welcome to the Coffee Shop. From the way you've already joined in, I think you're probably a natural for our very eclectic, international, weird, and wonderful group here. :)

I see CeeCee has been taking care of you, and first timers to the CS also receive a complimentary beverage:

StCanaCollins-103417_L.jpg
Icy water with some weed stuck into it?

LOL. Could be. I would be more likely to guess that is a vodka collins though.

h
Meanwhile, back in the pc world...I wonder, Foxfyre, have you considered making a private group for those who "spill their guts" here only for it to be dragged downstairs as possible word weapons?

Just wondering. Seems I say too much up here, which seems to be an invite for someone else to drag to the FZ for fun bashings.

If I am saying too much here....perhaps I should keep it to pm? I don't want to upset anyone with my gut spilling. Unless there is thoughts of a private group? Then again, which of those invited don't carry tales outside that group? What a dilemma, eh?
I find the CS quite cathartic, but a closed forum for friends, or many for different groups of friends? Is such a thing possible? We do have PMs, after all.

studying.gif

Hello Tom Horn ! I see that you are not new to USMB but I don't find your name signed in on the register so welcome to the Coffee Shop. From the way you've already joined in, I think you're probably a natural for our very eclectic, international, weird, and wonderful group here. :)

I see CeeCee has been taking care of you, and first timers to the CS also receive a complimentary beverage:

OK. As as a committed beer drinker, I'll allow that possibility. Don't they usually have a paper umbrella, though?

i
Amazon is effortless and user friendly for me so if they have what I am looking for, they get the order.

What's more they even deliver on Sunday. I received a probe for my oscilloscope today. I could not find my probe so I ordered one. I wanted to see if I could detect a waveform by passing my hand over the probe
without touching it and I did detect a change in the waveform on the highest amplitude. This is apparently due to capacitance set up between my body and the probe.

I wanted to test this because I can feel energy flowing between my hands even when they are several inches apart. I wanted to find out if this was measurable energy or psychic energy.

I think it may be AC electric current radiating from my fingers.
I would be pleased if everyone would try this experiment to see if you can feel it too.

Just raise one hand and then wave the fingers of your other hand over the palm a few inches away from it. See if you can feel the movement in your palm.

It is said that the human body is one of the most efficient generators of energy there is. The concept of "The Matrix", one of those movies I hate but cannot not watch if I run across it, was based on the alien masters of Earth keeping humans alive for the purpose of providing energy.

I don't know if I feel energy radiating between my hands. Maybe when it is quiet and I am not distracted and can focus on it more, I will try that again.

studying.gif

OK. As as a committed beer drinker, I'll allow that possibility. Don't they usually have a paper umbrella, though?

I dunno. Those I used to order at the bowling alley after our bowling league way back when didn't have either. I don't think they would put an umbrella on a guy's vodka collins though.

It's been a rough few days. While I am healing up, the pain levels have been quite high. I'm not getting a lot of sleep and sometimes it's a challenge to keep food down. The good news is I actually took a real live shower yesterday. That's the first time I've felt clean in 28 days.
Sponge baths and shampooing my hair laying over the side of the bed and dripping into a galvanized wash tub gets old in a hurry.
I was hoping I could get down the front stairs and into a vehicle so I could go to Doc's last night, but due to lack of sleep and pain medication, I didn't feel safe. From what I hear, I missed one hell of a party. We had a band we had never featured before called Journey to Mars. With luck, I'll be able to upload a video taken about 9:30 last night.

Good band. I could dance to that. But I would think your pain level should be decreasing by now and you would be frustrated with itching under your cast. What does your doctor say. I'll be stepping up my prayers in your direction though.

h
Meanwhile, back in the pc world...I wonder, Foxfyre, have you considered making a private group for those who "spill their guts" here only for it to be dragged downstairs as possible word weapons?

Just wondering. Seems I say too much up here, which seems to be an invite for someone else to drag to the FZ for fun bashings.

If I am saying too much here....perhaps I should keep it to pm? I don't want to upset anyone with my gut spilling. Unless there is thoughts of a private group? Then again, which of those invited don't carry tales outside that group? What a dilemma, eh?
I find the CS quite cathartic, but a closed forum for friends, or many for different groups of friends? Is such a thing possible? We do have PMs, after all.

Yes, there are groups here now. You can start your own group and invite the people you want and have it closed to anyone else. Gracie. That would be a good idea. I would join your group and we could have some serious discussions from time to time, or even fun ones! :)

OK, time to go find the partner. I've been here awhile and no sign of him. Perhaps that doe has finally decided to go into hard labor and he's planning on surprising me. A normal birth, he can handle. He's never had to turn a breech birth, or assist one coming after the mother has become so exhausted she's stopped pushing. He loves his critters, but is relatively helpless when faced with the realities of their lives.
Check back later!

I think a private group is a good thing (nothing against the coffee shop of course - would still read and post here too of course) because it can be private and everyone else can't see it, but you can still share with your friends and the people you trust.

Morning all!

Foxy - I can't stand crows. A few years ago, a belligerent bunch took over our neighborhood. Now, we hardly ever see the morning doves and songbirds that used to nest every year.

Actually that's mourning doves, with a U. Named for their plaintive wistful sound. :)

i
Amazon is effortless and user friendly for me so if they have what I am looking for, they get the order.

What's more they even deliver on Sunday. I received a probe for my oscilloscope today. I could not find my probe so I ordered one. I wanted to see if I could detect a waveform by passing my hand over the probe
without touching it and I did detect a change in the waveform on the highest amplitude. This is apparently due to capacitance set up between my body and the probe.

I wanted to test this because I can feel energy flowing between my hands even when they are several inches apart. I wanted to find out if this was measurable energy or psychic energy.

I would be pleased if everyone would try this experiment to see if you can feel it too.

Just raise one hand and then wave the fingers of your other hand over the palm a few inches away from it. See if you can feel the movement in your palm.

Yes. It's wind. :)

I think a private group is a good thing (nothing against the coffee shop of course - would still read and post here too of course) because it can be private and everyone else can't see it, but you can still share with your friends and the people you trust.

Certainly for discussions that you don't want antagonists to see or that are inappropriate for the Coffee Shop, a private group would be the way to go.

i

Yes. It's wind. :)

He said to put your hand in front of the AC, not your butt! :2up:

i

It is said that the human body is one of the most efficient generators of energy there is. The concept of "The Matrix", one of those movies I hate but cannot not watch if I run across it, was based on the alien masters of Earth keeping humans alive for the purpose of providing energy.

I don't know if I feel energy radiating between my hands. Maybe when it is quiet and I am not distracted and can focus on it more, I will try that again.

I'm pretty sure that Matrix premise was not only bunk, but ridiculously bunk. The only real advantage I can see to using humans is the renewable nature of a reproducing life form as an energy source. Really, though, it would have been simpler to use some other animal that didn't require such elaborate mental stimulation, or even just some sort of plant life (which one assumes must exist, or what else are people eating?). I certainly don't think humans are an exceptional source of power compared to, say, fission or fusion.

i

I'm pretty sure that Matrix premise was not only bunk, but ridiculously bunk. The only real advantage I can see to using humans is the renewable nature of a reproducing life form as an energy source. Really, though, it would have been simpler to use some other animal that didn't require such elaborate mental stimulation, or even just some sort of plant life (which one assumes must exist, or what else are people eating?). I certainly don't think humans are an exceptional source of power compared to, say, fission or fusion.

Well most science fiction is pure bunk until it is not. :) I prefer to accept story lines for what they are and how they fit in the story as I watch movies for entertainment rather than accuracy or information. I love fantasies and 'what if' kinds of movies. :)

Nevertheless, there are some screen writers and directors who so profoundly understand and project the human condition that they provide me endless examples to use in teaching various concepts as well as metaphors and talking points. Think 'take it to the mattresses' line in "You've Got Mail".

h

Yes, there are groups here now. You can start your own group and invite the people you want and have it closed to anyone else. Gracie. That would be a good idea. I would join your group and we could have some serious discussions from time to time, or even fun ones! :)
Start one, Chris! I'll join. Call it Coffee Shop Too!! or something similar, lol. I would, but I would probably fuck it up figuring it out on how to make it private and how to invite and whatnot.

i

Well most science fiction is pure bunk until it is not. :) I prefer to accept story lines for what they are and how they fit in the story as I watch movies for entertainment rather than accuracy or information. I love fantasies and 'what if' kinds of movies. :)

Nevertheless, there are some screen writers and directors who so profoundly understand and project the human condition that they provide me endless examples to use in teaching various concepts as well as metaphors and talking points. Think 'take it to the mattresses' line in "You've Got Mail".

I never watched "You've Got Mail." :p I love The Matrix, I think it is a great movie. I accept the idea in the context of the movie, but it was always a silly reason for people to be kept by the machines. :)

I looked at the group thingy. I might try to start one and if I screw it up, I guess I can ask staff to dump it.

Forum List

Back