🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

View attachment 119535

It was unusually windy yesterday and during the night in Fresno, heard a lot of falling type noises, as soon as it's light out I'll go see the damage and hope not to find any. At least no trees fell on my house.

The winds were about 28mph and it was horrid, can't imagine what really bad winds are like.

I think Ringel05 was talking about the high winds he was experiencing in El Paso the day I came on here....can't even imagine.
We often have winds of 20-30 mph where I work. Sometimes, you can actually lean against the wind and let it hold you up. Last night was pretty windy, but warm, at least.

View attachment 119535

It was unusually windy yesterday and during the night in Fresno, heard a lot of falling type noises, as soon as it's light out I'll go see the damage and hope not to find any. At least no trees fell on my house.

The winds were about 28mph and it was horrid, can't imagine what really bad winds are like.

I think Ringel05 was talking about the high winds he was experiencing in El Paso the day I came on here....can't even imagine.

28 mph winds are considered a breezy day here. :)

I just looked at our local news and some trees are down and power is out in some areas...also a house and a car had a tree fall on them.

That's my nightmare. I have 3 very tall pines not far from my house in the backyard..if they fall in my direction...I'm a goner if I'm at home.
Do you need firewood?

Speaking of SFC Ollie (his birthday was yesterday) he usually was the one to take over the vigil list and such chores when I was without wifi access. I miss him here a lot as I know many of you who know him do.

He gave me permission to tell you that he left home (Illinois) today to travel to Arizona. His beloved Mary who died a few months ago requested that her ashes be given to the wind at the Grand Canyon. And Ollie plans to do that this weekend along with the ashes of her beloved Colonel (their dog) who died a short time before she did.

He is traveling alone. I can't imagine how emotional that is going to be for him.
I weep for Ollie! OMG! How difficult for him. There are times when alone is most appropriate, I think. May Ollie find his heart and not give up.
Love and Peace, SFC Ollie!

Speaking of SFC Ollie (his birthday was yesterday) he usually was the one to take over the vigil list and such chores when I was without wifi access. I miss him here a lot as I know many of you who know him do.

He gave me permission to tell you that he left home (Illinois) today to travel to Arizona. His beloved Mary who died a few months ago requested that her ashes be given to the wind at the Grand Canyon. And Ollie plans to do that this weekend along with the ashes of her beloved Colonel (their dog) who died a short time before she did.

He is traveling alone. I can't imagine how emotional that is going to be for him.

Don't know him but can imagine how he feels, my husband's ashes are on top of my armoire in my bedroom...will wait til I die and my kids can scatter us together. That's my plan so far, anyway.
My Dad asked me to scatter some of his ashes on his family grave plot here in his hometown. I couldn't do it. It was mid November, snow and coyotes and all kinds of awfulness was on the way, so I spent $2,000 on a stone that holds the cremains inside. It's a little bench, so visitors can sit on it, on the end of the family plot. He would be so pissed at me for spending the money like that. LOL
I have both my Mother and Father with me still. When they died, I was deemed the most stable and was entrusted with their ashes. A "two-seater" urn was very expensive, so my brother originally found a beautiful ginger jar to put them into, together. It sat on a table, in a place of honor, at my house until an earthquake toppled that jar. Not, they inhabit a lovely wooden antique chest. What should I do with them? I don't know...

Hi coffee shoppers! Nice day here today, finally. Yesterday it snowed for most of the day, but none of it accumulated. It was too wet and the ground was too warm. Phew! We would have probably gotten a foot of snow out of that if it had accumulated. Nice and sunny and fairly warm (40s-50s) today though.

The theme screams sociopaths. So..I won't go where they hang out. I should have started the thread in health forum. Duh.

Screw the rules. Stand where nobody else is, wait for a good wind....pour out the ashes. Can't dump ashes in the ocean either but its done anyway. Thats where I will go. Or MrG will go..along with the ashes of Karma, Gracie and Moki. Or I will go if I die before MrG. Last one standing will rely on the government to dump the last one dying to wherever. Take one for the team sorta thing.
I'll be sprinkled over my garden, or the small pet cemetery on my property. Either the chickens will scratch me into the dirt, or I'll rest with my numerous fur kids. Screw the rules, I own the place!

A quick hello to all my old friends here.

A lot of changes in my life.

We lost Colonel (Our Weimeraner) at age 15 a year ago February, I had him cremated and have his ashes with me.
My Beautiful Maria passed away in November. She was told 8 years earlier she had 2 to 5 years. We've been talking for 8 years and she was more afraid of being in a box in the ground than she was of leaving us. So she wanted cremated and her ashes scattered at the Grand Canyon. Her ashes are also with me.
I am almost half way to location, I put in 800 miles today and have about 1200 left to go...
Colonel will be spread around the base of a tree or something and Mary will be nearby. They will enjoy eternity there. And as a parting gift, it was Mary's Idea that I grow this 8 inch beard. the majority of it will also be left with them....

Me, I'm doing well and will be taking back over as Commander of my American Legion Post. I took last year off to be at home with Mary...
Oh, Ollie...there are no words...
Best wishes to you on your journey.

Still pretty outside but its getting buggy, so tv time I guess.
I like to sit out there and pretend the waves are right in front of me. Soon, that will happen. I hope. Spend the whole day on the sand with the waves, go home when the sun starts to dip down.

Hello: May I have a refill on my coffee and an egg please?
studying.gif

Hello Tom Horn ! I see that you are not new to USMB but I don't find your name signed in on the register so welcome to the Coffee Shop. From the way you've already joined in, I think you're probably a natural for our very eclectic, international, weird, and wonderful group here. :)

I see CeeCee has been taking care of you, and first timers to the CS also receive a complimentary beverage:

StCanaCollins-103417_L.jpg
Icy water with some weed stuck into it?

Thank you for responding. I dont want to leave the CS nor was it my intention when asking about a group. I thought maybe a more private CS but its a dumb idea.

So...for me...I think I will keep it to the minimal. I do read other forums and sometimes I even start threads maybe where I shouldn't but any topic I start is fodder I guess. So anyway....the less I say, the better. I'll keep it to creeks and trees and mowing. Nothing personal anymore.

I, and I'm pretty sure all the other Coffee Shoppers, leave it strictly up to the individual how much or how little of his/her personal life s/he chooses to share. We each have our own comfort levels and our own reasons. But my heart is warmed at the support our friends here in the CS give readily and with open hearts to those who do share what they are dealing with.

As for elsewhere on the board, except in very restricted areas, I can count on some members to immediately descend and try to derail or screw up any thread I start. And I figure my experience is not unique in that regard. And since I don't enjoy school yard sniping kinds of interchanges--that seem to be the norm in so many threads in the more lenient forums--I am pretty picky about what I am willing to subject myself to. :)

Looks like a select few have managed to screw up a simple egg hunt. Oh well it was fun for some while it lasted. I get disappointed when adults have to cheat or become overly competitive. Time to find other things to do in here and off the board. :(

I got 2 eggs, decided there was no way I'd ever win, and stopped looking. :dunno:
Looking for what?

Well, I'm back to having Walmart ordering issues. Back around Christmastime, I think, I had tried to buy some things from Walmart's website, but after placing my order it was immediately rejected. This was using my employer's debit card. I tried to place the order a couple of times, it was immediately cancelled each time, so I ended up buying the stuff somewhere else, using the same card, with no issues.

Last night, I decided to buy some things from Walmart again using my new debit card. I had just used the card at another site with no issues. I find the items I want (birthday gifts for the little one and a couple of little things for me) and place my order. I go check my email, and look! I get a confirmation as well as a cancellation, just like that last time. Well, the same issue with two different cards, belonging to two different people, makes me think the issue is Walmart has a problem with my account. My employer even tells me that she's never had a problem ordering from Walmart, and obviously she used her card when she placed her orders, almost certainly the same card that I had rejected a few months back.

I went to the Walmart help chat, and the guy keeps wanting me to verify things with my bank. I tried to explain that this issue has occurred with multiple cards belonging to multiple people, and that the card I used last night is newly issued and worked with another order. He still thinks I need to verify something with the bank. I'd just about given up when he said he would put in a review and I should try to order my things again in half an hour.

This is too annoying for the small amounts of money I spend. :p

I haven't had a problem ordering from Walmart on line but rarely do. Amazon is effortless and user friendly for me so if they have what I am looking for, they get the order.

I usually use Amazon, there just happened to be a good deal I found at Walmart. I spend a lot of time browsing sites when I make purchases, trying to find the cheapest prices for what I want. I'm used to having little money, so I spend too much time trying to save. ;)

Well everybody needs a hobby. You could have a lot worse ones than spending time saving money. :)

Forum List

Back