USMB Coffee Shop IV

never mind. I got it to work, lol. Tolja I would mess things up. Now I am trying to find a banner. Then I gotta figure out how to do invites.

Ok. Tis done. No clue how to do invites, so anyone here that wants to check it out...shoot me a pm. It's private, and hidden from view. Supposedly. Not sure how that works. But..its there.

Then again, I can see it in the active topics. So...I guess I didn't click the right clicky thingy. Jeez. Can 'yall see it in active topics too, or is it just me seeing it?

It's been a rough few days. While I am healing up, the pain levels have been quite high. I'm not getting a lot of sleep and sometimes it's a challenge to keep food down. The good news is I actually took a real live shower yesterday. That's the first time I've felt clean in 28 days.
Sponge baths and shampooing my hair laying over the side of the bed and dripping into a galvanized wash tub gets old in a hurry.
I was hoping I could get down the front stairs and into a vehicle so I could go to Doc's last night, but due to lack of sleep and pain medication, I didn't feel safe. From what I hear, I missed one hell of a party. We had a band we had never featured before called Journey to Mars. With luck, I'll be able to upload a video taken about 9:30 last night.

Good band. I could dance to that. But I would think your pain level should be decreasing by now and you would be frustrated with itching under your cast. What does your doctor say. I'll be stepping up my prayers in your direction though.

The doctor says that nerves are reconnecting and I will be feeling pain in places that don't seem logical. In his words, "Your leg is going to be angry for a while.
Last night, I had a stabbing pain in the center of my calf. No incision or injury near there; no reason for it to hurt, but I'm surprized I didn't wake the neighbors when I yelled out. I have frequent pain apparently going from my ham string tendon. Again, no reason it should hurt, but that one, though it only lasts a few seconds is an 11 on a 1 to 10 scale.
The circulation in the lower leg is pretty bad too. If I stay upright for longer than a minute or so, my left foot turns a dark bluish red. and feels like it's being stung by a thousand bees. I'm not eating all that well. My apatite is nearly non existent and I'm often nauseous. I've likely lost weight and everything is atrophied.
I do get outside for a few hours every day for breakfast or lunch with a cigar and coffee.
I am going to try getting down the 4 steps from my porch to ground level tomorrow. If I make it, I may just head to Doc's for poker.
Yeah, I'm getting better, but not nearly fast enough for me.

h
Meanwhile, back in the pc world...I wonder, Foxfyre, have you considered making a private group for those who "spill their guts" here only for it to be dragged downstairs as possible word weapons?

Just wondering. Seems I say too much up here, which seems to be an invite for someone else to drag to the FZ for fun bashings.

If I am saying too much here....perhaps I should keep it to pm? I don't want to upset anyone with my gut spilling. Unless there is thoughts of a private group? Then again, which of those invited don't carry tales outside that group? What a dilemma, eh?
I find the CS quite cathartic, but a closed forum for friends, or many for different groups of friends? Is such a thing possible? We do have PMs, after all.

Yes, there are groups here now. You can start your own group and invite the people you want and have it closed to anyone else. Gracie. That would be a good idea. I would join your group and we could have some serious discussions from time to time, or even fun ones! :)
Start one, Chris! I'll join. Call it Coffee Shop Too!! or something similar, lol. I would, but I would probably fuck it up figuring it out on how to make it private and how to invite and whatnot.

Please don't call your private group the Coffee Shop friends. I have enough trouble dealing with the grumpies out there who think we are some kind of exclusive group. If they found out there is a private group and associated it with this thread, that would really ramp up that misconception.

I didn't, FF. ;)
I thought of that too....which is why I didn't do it.

My group is for more private things and since I seem to be the soup de jour most of the time...and holding the damn ladle fer chrissakes...I thought it would be better to have the group instead of pms. :lol:

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
SFC Ollie and his special project.
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Sixfoot, Spoonman, and all others we hope will find their way back.

Sunset over Benson AZ
5992130126_1f8512820a_z.jpg

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
SFC Ollie and his special project.
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Sixfoot, Spoonman, and all others we hope will find their way back.

Sunset over Benson AZ
5992130126_1f8512820a_z.jpg

purdy again!

It's been a rough few days. While I am healing up, the pain levels have been quite high. I'm not getting a lot of sleep and sometimes it's a challenge to keep food down. The good news is I actually took a real live shower yesterday. That's the first time I've felt clean in 28 days.
Sponge baths and shampooing my hair laying over the side of the bed and dripping into a galvanized wash tub gets old in a hurry.
I was hoping I could get down the front stairs and into a vehicle so I could go to Doc's last night, but due to lack of sleep and pain medication, I didn't feel safe. From what I hear, I missed one hell of a party. We had a band we had never featured before called Journey to Mars. With luck, I'll be able to upload a video taken about 9:30 last night.

Good band. I could dance to that. But I would think your pain level should be decreasing by now and you would be frustrated with itching under your cast. What does your doctor say. I'll be stepping up my prayers in your direction though.

The doctor says that nerves are reconnecting and I will be feeling pain in places that don't seem logical. In his words, "Your leg is going to be angry for a while.
Last night, I had a stabbing pain in the center of my calf. No incision or injury near there; no reason for it to hurt, but I'm surprized I didn't wake the neighbors when I yelled out. I have frequent pain apparently going from my ham string tendon. Again, no reason it should hurt, but that one, though it only lasts a few seconds is an 11 on a 1 to 10 scale.
The circulation in the lower leg is pretty bad too. If I stay upright for longer than a minute or so, my left foot turns a dark bluish red. and feels like it's being stung by a thousand bees. I'm not eating all that well. My apatite is nearly non existent and I'm often nauseous. I've likely lost weight and everything is atrophied.
I do get outside for a few hours every day for breakfast or lunch with a cigar and coffee.
I am going to try getting down the 4 steps from my porch to ground level tomorrow. If I make it, I may just head to Doc's for poker.
Yeah, I'm getting better, but not nearly fast enough for me.

A friend of mine had bunion surgery on her foot and she went through some very similar problems during her recovery with her foot swelling and turning purple and the pains and stuff. She's getting better. Hopefully you will soon too. I'm sure it takes a long time for a broken leg to completely heal, so have patience. That is a pretty serious injury, Ernie.

h
Meanwhile, back in the pc world...I wonder, Foxfyre, have you considered making a private group for those who "spill their guts" here only for it to be dragged downstairs as possible word weapons?

Just wondering. Seems I say too much up here, which seems to be an invite for someone else to drag to the FZ for fun bashings.

If I am saying too much here....perhaps I should keep it to pm? I don't want to upset anyone with my gut spilling. Unless there is thoughts of a private group? Then again, which of those invited don't carry tales outside that group? What a dilemma, eh?
I find the CS quite cathartic, but a closed forum for friends, or many for different groups of friends? Is such a thing possible? We do have PMs, after all.

Yes, there are groups here now. You can start your own group and invite the people you want and have it closed to anyone else. Gracie. That would be a good idea. I would join your group and we could have some serious discussions from time to time, or even fun ones! :)
Start one, Chris! I'll join. Call it Coffee Shop Too!! or something similar, lol. I would, but I would probably fuck it up figuring it out on how to make it private and how to invite and whatnot.

I see that you figured it out! I accepted the invite! :) Thanks again!

He doesn't post here much anymore but he was a charter member of the Coffee Shop going way back to 2010, and was important to all of us when he was still active here. And still is. I hope he still reads in now and then. So I can't let his birthday pass without something to mark the event. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SFC Ollie !!!

normal_000_17891.jpg
Oh I didn't see this post before, sorry! :(
Happy Birthday SFC Ollie :bye1:
birthday.gif

Good morning everyone! I wasn't on much yesterday and it looks like you can't miss a day on here...seems I missed a lot. :)

My shoulder was hurting and nothing seems to help when that happens, and it always happens for no reason. I can deal with my back pain with meds but they just don't seem to help my shoulder. :(

So yesterday I just binge watched Netflix.

Forum List

Back