🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

I am getting a small taste of what its like during the summer here.
10am, it was 70 degrees! Got my capris on, my tank top, hair in a pony tail and now I am heading outside. Too pretty out there to hang out in the house on the pc. :)

Looks like a select few have managed to screw up a simple egg hunt. Oh well it was fun for some while it lasted. I get disappointed when adults have to cheat or become overly competitive. Time to find other things to do in here and off the board. :(

I think it's all okay and settled now Save. :) And it was a great and fun idea of yours. We still have 2 weeks to go! saveliberty

Kat, Coyote and AyeCantSeeYou did an amazing job of bring it to life and worked at finding and placing the eggs. You can see the fun posters and mods alike were having. It appears some excited people just got caught up in the game and it took a break to help them get back on track. I was really hoping posters would take a step away from fighting and find a new way to enjoy USMB. This kind of ruined it for me.
It was a misunderstanding Save. It is the funnest thread on USMB, and it was a great idea.

It was a misunderstanding Save. It is the funnest thread on USMB, and it was a great idea.

I may have misunderstood as well. I do not really follow that thread too much. From where I jumped in yesterday it was a mess.

Ideas are only a starting point, Coyote, Aye and Kat made it come alive. What I see is some caring mods who want us to enjoy the whole USMB experience. That gets lost a lot. You have two more weeks of egg hunting OldLady, enjoy and good hunting.

I may have misunderstood as well. I do not really follow that thread too much. From where I jumped in yesterday it was a mess.

Ideas are only a starting point, Coyote, Aye and Kat made it come alive. What I see is some caring mods who want us to enjoy the whole USMB experience. That gets lost a lot. You have two more weeks of egg hunting OldLady, enjoy and good hunting.
Thanks! I don't hunt, but if I fall over one, I bring it in. Whatever other good ideas you had, I hope you'll bring them on. It's fun. And Lucy and some of the others are a real hoot. I love chicken jokes, I discover--who knew?

Thanks! I don't hunt, but if I fall over one, I bring it in. Whatever other good ideas you had, I hope you'll bring them on. It's fun. And Lucy and some of the others are a real hoot. I love chicken jokes, I discover--who knew?

See, this is what I wanted to happen. You are interacting with some posters you may not have had regular contact with. I like it when posters become people. :)

Whoa! It is HOT out there. So..I piddled around at the creek and cut back some blackberry thorny bushes so Karma and I could cross to the other side (still on housemates land) without getting poked and scratched. Karma waded the length of the creek until it went under the road, then turned around and came back. But now she won't get thorns cuz I cleared most out. The creek water feels so cool to my feet! I also did a little digging in the water cuz ya never know if there is gold down there, lol. Oroville is below us..but it was named Oroville for a reason, dontcha think? Maybe with all this runoff...a chunk or two will be moseying by and I will find it. That would be sweet, yes?

Anyway....got too hot out there. Had to come in the house for awhile. I noticed that all the immediate neighbors have outside floodlights and are out there at night doing cleanup of branches, dead trees, weeding, mowing...all at night. I know why now. :lol:

I think I need to get one of those gold pans and do whatever the old timers did way back when. I wonder if a pie plate would work? Housemate said the creek gets dry in the summer but this year it might stay filled with a bit of water what with the run off from the Sierras and the snow pack. I hope so, cuz that creek will be wonderful to hang out by when it gets really really hot.

Meanwhile, back in the pc world...I wonder, Foxfyre, have you considered making a private group for those who "spill their guts" here only for it to be dragged downstairs as possible word weapons?

Just wondering. Seems I say too much up here, which seems to be an invite for someone else to drag to the FZ for fun bashings.

If I am saying too much here....perhaps I should keep it to pm? I don't want to upset anyone with my gut spilling. Unless there is thoughts of a private group? Then again, which of those invited don't carry tales outside that group? What a dilemma, eh?

Not so hot now. Might try to mow the back yard or at least make a trail to the creek where Karma and I can cross easily. I am so glad it does not get dark until 8pm. Maybe I will give it a try later after the sun goes behind the trees.

I think I need to get one of those gold pans and do whatever the old timers did way back when. I wonder if a pie plate would work? Housemate said the creek gets dry in the summer but this year it might stay filled with a bit of water what with the run off from the Sierras and the snow pack. I hope so, cuz that creek will be wonderful to hang out by when it gets really really hot.

The little panning for gold I have done was in a metal pie plate. And I did find a few flecks.

I gotta find a pie plate and give it a go, lol.
I don't want flecks. I want a nugget!!!

Meanwhile, back in the pc world...I wonder, Foxfyre, have you considered making a private group for those who "spill their guts" here only for it to be dragged downstairs as possible word weapons?

Just wondering. Seems I say too much up here, which seems to be an invite for someone else to drag to the FZ for fun bashings.

If I am saying too much here....perhaps I should keep it to pm? I don't want to upset anyone with my gut spilling. Unless there is thoughts of a private group? Then again, which of those invited don't carry tales outside that group? What a dilemma, eh?

I certainly don't think you are inappropriate in any way with your posts here Gracie.

My method of enjoying USMB is to do ALL of my gut spilling right here in the Coffee Shop and I stay far away from the FZ. At least the gut spilling that is LEGAL to spill within the Coffee Shop rules. :) So whatever hateful stuff others say about me, and I know they do because people inform me, I don't see. And ignorance is very much bliss in that department.

I think a private group would be fine for those who want that, but I am not interested in starting one myself. I love the dynamics here in the CS where people feel comfortable enough to share a bit of their lives, thoughts, interests, etc. with us. And hopefully there is something of interest and enjoyment here for those who are very private people and are not comfortable sharing bits of their lives here.

And if people are small minded enough to go hunting for things to use maliciously in the FZ, well that is on them. They have their reward for the moment, but they simply demonstrate the kind of people they are.

And we can be whomever we are here in the Coffee Shop. :)

Thank you for responding. I dont want to leave the CS nor was it my intention when asking about a group. I thought maybe a more private CS but its a dumb idea.

So...for me...I think I will keep it to the minimal. I do read other forums and sometimes I even start threads maybe where I shouldn't but any topic I start is fodder I guess. So anyway....the less I say, the better. I'll keep it to creeks and trees and mowing. Nothing personal anymore.

Anyway....I didn't mow. I think it is way too much for me to do. So instead, I rummaged around on the very crammed patio and wove a path to where the lounge chairs are and brought out 3 of them. The stars are so very clear up here in the mountains...just like at the beach. Tonight, I might star gaze now that I have something to sit in. As long as there are no skeeters that want to munch on me. So far, I have been left alone now that I dab lavender essential oil on my clothes. Skeeters don't like the scent.

He doesn't post here much anymore but he was a charter member of the Coffee Shop going way back to 2010, and was important to all of us when he was still active here. And still is. I hope he still reads in now and then. So I can't let his birthday pass without something to mark the event. :)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SFC Ollie !!!

normal_000_17891.jpg
Happy Birthday, Ollie, and many returns (hopefully one will be your return to the CS).

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Sixfoot, SFC Ollie, Spoonman, and all others we hope will find their way back.

And for many of us Winter keeps refusing to give way to Spring:
08-09-08003.jpg
Thank you for your continued citing so many of my family "members". We've just had our first day and a half of temps above freezing in many months. The goats are all celebrating by lining up along to fence, soaking up the sunshine and the feeble warmth it brings. My partner, Rod, is doing fairly well and is tending a doe who is due to birth her kids any time now. He seems to actually prefer the goats' company to mine sometimes. (Hmm, maybe I should think about that a bit?)
I haven't heard from my daughter lately, but I suspect she and my granddaughters will be spending this summer back East with Sachenda. I do not want to be a burden and will probably speak often with my daughter and meet them someplace for a day, or two, on their way back to Japan.
Thank all of you, always, for your continued prayers and best vibes.
Lee

The wild turkey is back. He was gone for a few days--or I thought he was--but this morning he was full throat when I walked out the back door. News update: He's got a GIRL with him now. I talked back to him a few times, and each time I did he responded with a gobble-gobble-gobble and from deeper in the woods I heard a response from another turkey, but it wasn't a gobble like his--it was more like a bark or a honk, and it wasn't as loud. But every time he spoke, I heard her say "I'm okay."
Could be a long nesting season.
Aww! Just imagine how cute the little pults will be when they finally hatch.
Do turkeys nest in trees or on the ground? So far, I haven't spotted him/them.
Turkeys are heavy birds and will nest on the ground. Where I grew up, they would roost in trees, though. As far as I know, they do not mate for life and a wild tom will move on once a hen is settled.

Thank you for responding. I dont want to leave the CS nor was it my intention when asking about a group. I thought maybe a more private CS but its a dumb idea.

So...for me...I think I will keep it to the minimal. I do read other forums and sometimes I even start threads maybe where I shouldn't but any topic I start is fodder I guess. So anyway....the less I say, the better. I'll keep it to creeks and trees and mowing. Nothing personal anymore.

I did a little reading in the FZ. My observation was something you said in the FZ last year was brought up in the FZ again. When you have had problems, it is with people from the FZ. Your current source of distress comes form the FZ. See a theme?

On the other hand you have brought stuff up in the CS and been supported by the CS, again see a theme?

Forum List

Back