🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Chilly 64 right now in Foley. Today's high will be 69 after a week of low 80's.
I am so proud of myself! Cabin fever got the best of me yesterday evening so I picked up the crutches and hobbled down the stairs and to my pick-up. I had to slide over to the passenger side to get my left leg in, but once it was, I was able to get mostly behind the wheel. I drove my sorry butt to Doc's and played poker.
I surprised a lot of people including my partners who worked closing shift.When they came in at 8:00 they lit up the room with their grins I made it home about 9, exhausted, but happy. I might have pushed myself a bit far as the pain was hard to deal with last night, but I feel pretty good so far today.
That was probably the most fun you've had in awhile. :)

You'll get some good rest tonight.

They're calling for snow tonight. Not enough to regret putting away the rock salt and shovels, not enough to foul up the roads, but enough to cover the grass. Flowering crab apples and cherry trees are in bloom now. Will we be confused by a mixture of snow and petals? I hope not.

This sudden cold might not play well with the ordhard men and women of the county. We are a big Apple producing region and I kind of fear for this year's crop. There's even a proprietary variety of the popular Gala Apple grown exclusively right here, the Buckeye Gala. It has become my favorite after many years worshiping at the altar of the Golden Delicious.

I ran into my cousin Tom yesterday. I owe a lot to him. He is a land surveyor and put me on the path to engineering during my high school years. He hired me as an assistant surveyor where I learned about topography, precise measurements and mosquitoes.

His father, my sainted Uncle Bill worked as a press operator at the family print shop. Bill married his way into the family by wedding my Aunt Dorothy, sister to my grandfather, my Uncle Alex and Uncle Ducky. Bill flew for the US Navy in World War II. His plane was a, and forgive me if I get this wrong, a PBY, the two engine sea rescue plane with the big fish bowl windows. He flew missions to rescue downed airmen and stranded mariners.

Uncle Bill took a shine to me and taught me to 'match nickels' a game where two folks flip a nickel and call either match or not. If two heads or two tails showed up, you matched, if not, you just lost a nickel to Uncle Bill.

He was a great gardener producing crop after crop of rhubarb in the spring, tomatoes and peppers in the summer and squash and Ohio grown potatoes in the autumn. He was constantly plagued by neighborhood cats invading his massive garden. So he raised boisterous beagles to foil them. His tales of watching his beloved dogs chase away cats were epic.

Aunt Dorothy was just about the sweetest woman I ever knew. She too worked at the shop and always took time to dote over me whenever I would drop by. Aunt Dorothy broke the news of Marilyn Monroe's death to me in the summer of 1962. She helped me with the math and together we figured that Marilyn and Pop were the same age. I was five and amazed that death could come to someone in their thirties.

Aunt Dorothy retired in the spring of 1980 only to be diagnosed with terminal leukemia that summer. She passed away in the autumn never getting the chance to enjoy her 'golden years'. But while she was here, she made an indelible mark on everyone she met.

Her sister, my Aunt Louise, was a portly woman. Ample bosom and bags under her upper arms that shook as she stirred the many pots bubbling away on her stove. When her son, my cousin Rick married a Roman Catholic girl, we knew we would be in for a rousing time. At the wedding, held in St. Aloyisus church, Louise commented that "Someone should answer that phone!" when the altar boy rang the bell during the mass.

I was just a wee shaver at that wedding, but I giggled loudly and drew the attention of the guests on the bride's side of the aisle. Mom called Aunt Dorothy over to sit beside me. There I was, moored like a little skiff between Mom and Aunt Dorothy. The seas were choppy and those two prodigious women kept me in check as I bounced around in glee at Aunt Louise's Protestant antics. A red letter day for the family.

We settled on Gala's as our favorite apples too. We buy them 2 or 3 dozen at a time at Sprouts and I use them or everything we use applies for--smoothies, pies, cakes, cobblers, stewed apples, turnovers, etc. or just a crisp cold apple snack.

My favorite apple is the Fuji.
I'm the Granny Smith type.

Finally in the hotel in Albuquerque, the first three houses we looked at were about 25 minutes east of Los Lunas, too far out for us, the 4th was in Los Lunas but not really what we were looking for. The one in west South Valley off of Dennis Chavez Blvd was almost what we wanted, basically a detached condo (prefab) with 2200 sqr feet and a garage but almost no yard to speak of. It overlooks the valley with awesome views of the mountains in a gated community....... and the price is right....... Think we may have found what we're looking for.

Here's a new one for me...I've had cats who ate cantelope, avocado, and any number of odd things, but Sherman just topped them all. I made up a batch of chicken curry for my dinner, with enough to make a lunch for work. I didn't think I needed a cover, so I left it on the stove top until it cooled enough to pack. Sherman first picked out all the chicken, then he went back and finished off the onions, carrots, and jalepeno peppers I had added to the curry sauce with the chicken. Little shit ate the whole meal's worth of curry!

Here's a new one for me...I've had cats who ate cantelope, avocado, and any number of odd things, but Sherman just topped them all. I made up a batch of chicken curry for my dinner, with enough to make a lunch for work. I didn't think I needed a cover, so I left it on the stove top until it cooled enough to pack. Sherman first picked out all the chicken, then he went back and finished off the onions, carrots, and jalepeno peppers I had added to the curry sauce with the chicken. Little shit ate the whole meal's worth of curry!

The maine coon that we had liked jalepeno peppers too! I feel mighty sorry for you when he farts later on tonight.
Try tomato juice see if he likes it. :biggrin:

The maine coon that we had liked jalepeno peppers too! I feel mighty sorry for you when he farts later on tonight.
Sometimes my cat will fart when I pick him up.

It smells just like his litter box when he does it.

It's not very often though.

But all mammals fart about every hour.

My cat will do that too.

I can't leave any food out even for a second.

I put plates of food in the fridge rather than leave it out or even alone for one second.

They're calling for snow tonight. Not enough to regret putting away the rock salt and shovels, not enough to foul up the roads, but enough to cover the grass. Flowering crab apples and cherry trees are in bloom now. Will we be confused by a mixture of snow and petals? I hope not.

This sudden cold might not play well with the ordhard men and women of the county. We are a big Apple producing region and I kind of fear for this year's crop. There's even a proprietary variety of the popular Gala Apple grown exclusively right here, the Buckeye Gala. It has become my favorite after many years worshiping at the altar of the Golden Delicious.

I ran into my cousin Tom yesterday. I owe a lot to him. He is a land surveyor and put me on the path to engineering during my high school years. He hired me as an assistant surveyor where I learned about topography, precise measurements and mosquitoes.

His father, my sainted Uncle Bill worked as a press operator at the family print shop. Bill married his way into the family by wedding my Aunt Dorothy, sister to my grandfather, my Uncle Alex and Uncle Ducky. Bill flew for the US Navy in World War II. His plane was a, and forgive me if I get this wrong, a PBY, the two engine sea rescue plane with the big fish bowl windows. He flew missions to rescue downed airmen and stranded mariners.

Uncle Bill took a shine to me and taught me to 'match nickels' a game where two folks flip a nickel and call either match or not. If two heads or two tails showed up, you matched, if not, you just lost a nickel to Uncle Bill.

He was a great gardener producing crop after crop of rhubarb in the spring, tomatoes and peppers in the summer and squash and Ohio grown potatoes in the autumn. He was constantly plagued by neighborhood cats invading his massive garden. So he raised boisterous beagles to foil them. His tales of watching his beloved dogs chase away cats were epic.

Aunt Dorothy was just about the sweetest woman I ever knew. She too worked at the shop and always took time to dote over me whenever I would drop by. Aunt Dorothy broke the news of Marilyn Monroe's death to me in the summer of 1962. She helped me with the math and together we figured that Marilyn and Pop were the same age. I was five and amazed that death could come to someone in their thirties.

Aunt Dorothy retired in the spring of 1980 only to be diagnosed with terminal leukemia that summer. She passed away in the autumn never getting the chance to enjoy her 'golden years'. But while she was here, she made an indelible mark on everyone she met.

Her sister, my Aunt Louise, was a portly woman. Ample bosom and bags under her upper arms that shook as she stirred the many pots bubbling away on her stove. When her son, my cousin Rick married a Roman Catholic girl, we knew we would be in for a rousing time. At the wedding, held in St. Aloyisus church, Louise commented that "Someone should answer that phone!" when the altar boy rang the bell during the mass.

I was just a wee shaver at that wedding, but I giggled loudly and drew the attention of the guests on the bride's side of the aisle. Mom called Aunt Dorothy over to sit beside me. There I was, moored like a little skiff between Mom and Aunt Dorothy. The seas were choppy and those two prodigious women kept me in check as I bounced around in glee at Aunt Louise's Protestant antics. A red letter day for the family.

We settled on Gala's as our favorite apples too. We buy them 2 or 3 dozen at a time at Sprouts and I use them or everything we use applies for--smoothies, pies, cakes, cobblers, stewed apples, turnovers, etc. or just a crisp cold apple snack.

My favorite apple is the Fuji.

Fujis are too tart for most things I use apples for, and compared to galas, they don't seem to have as much flavor to me.

williepete or Divine.Wind Too early in the morning to tell which.

It's got a prop. Must be Divine Wind.:dev2:

This has been on my frig for decades. Right next to the coffee machine:

technology-advances1.gif

williepete I'm so pleased Hossfly lured you in here. Divine.Wind drops in every now and then and we're always please to see him, but I do believe this is your first visit so welcome, welcome, and first timers receive a complimentary beverage. It is late so I'll make yours a nightcap :)

Sieger-Drink_The_Kings_Nightcap.jpg

Our agent recommended Dion's for dinner, glad he did, that was one awesome pizza!!!

You haven't had Dion's before? Only place in town that makes a better pizza than I do (she says rather immodestly) :)
Never heard of them till today and not surprising since they're primarily a New Mexico family franchise.
As for the house search we've basically decided on the one in west South Valley and canceled tomorrows tour. The property is on the edge of civilization but just a couple of miles from Coors Blvd, literally a postage stamp yard but that's great for me, I hate yard work anyway......... :D The HOA fee is only $50 a month so that's doable and we'll get more info on the HOA restrictions, etc before we sign anything.

Hmm. Well, we'll consider that one our factoid of the day. :)

Our agent recommended Dion's for dinner, glad he did, that was one awesome pizza!!!

You haven't had Dion's before? Only place in town that makes a better pizza than I do (she says rather immodestly) :)
Never heard of them till today and not surprising since they're primarily a New Mexico family franchise.
As for the house search we've basically decided on the one in west South Valley and canceled tomorrows tour. The property is on the edge of civilization but just a couple of miles from Coors Blvd, literally a postage stamp yard but that's great for me, I hate yard work anyway......... :D The HOA fee is only $50 a month so that's doable and we'll get more info on the HOA restrictions, etc before we sign anything.

Well we'll sure keep our fingers crossed for it to go well. When you first mentioned South Valley I was a bit concerned because things can be pretty rough in many parts of the South Valley, but I looked it up and see that the west South Valley is a totally different area. You're right about it being on the edge of civilization, but if you are close enough to grocery stores, Wally's world, gas stations, and such, it should be okay out there. Could be pretty far to commute to work from way out there depending on where Mrs. R finds a job.

When you get settled would still like to meet for lunch. It's possible I have some connections that might help with networking for Mrs. R to find a job she might love.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Boedicca's Dad,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
SFC Ollie and his special project.
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Sixfoot, Spoonman, and all others we hope will find their way back.

af84b3394b17fa0dca590917af3781c8.jpg

My dog hardly ever farts and if any human does, he runs from that person...he's always hated farts...it's kind of funny.

Being a Dachshund, my dog will eat anything and everything...except his food.

I read that avocados are bad for dogs, didn't know cats could eat them. When I had cats, they only ate their food, didn't care for people food.

Foxfyre , it's been pouring and it was so bad it woke me up at 2:30 a.m.

I'm not going back to bed though because I'll oversleep and wake up groggy when my neighbor comes to install the disposal.

I need to do some cleaning, don't want neighbor to think I'm a slob. :)

Good morning everyone!!

That sounds great, I'm not a big yard person either, especially in Fresno's very hot summer!

Forum List

Back