USMB Coffee Shop IV

Note to ridgerunner... I will be in Honolulu from July 1 to July 25. Maybe our paths will cross. If you wear a penguin outfit maybe I will be able to pick you out as you walk down the street. I will dress like an otter and wear a top hat. I'll wear a purple bow tie so I should be easy to pick out in a crowd. Look for me.

BBD... Are you and the Missus spending all your time on Oahu? I always send my penguin suit to the cleaners every July and because of excessive wear and tear it takes about all month to get it cleaned... With a top hat and purple bow tie, you will fit right in down in Waikiki... All kidding aside if my health allows maybe we can make at least some verbal connection... If my memory serves me correctly (and if not, no offence intended) you are retired Navy right? Reason I ask is if I am correct you have been to Hawaii possibly beau coup times... We will gab over the fence later...

upload_2017-5-2_12-53-28.png

Mornin', all!
What's up with Ernie, Foxfyre? "Especially Ernie" on your prayer list? The search function isn't working this morning and I haven't time to read through.....

He has a broken leg and is kind of laid up at the moment.
I know. What I was wondering was .... has he had a set back?
Tonight I am especially thinking of peach174, boedicca, and Ernie S.and hope things are better with all.

Thank you. We're getting used to the new "normal" with some home improvements to make the house safe for Dad. Hope he can come home soon. So sad to see him in a nursing home. My brother is still in critical condition...will need another surgery.

Mornin', all!
What's up with Ernie, Foxfyre? "Especially Ernie" on your prayer list? The search function isn't working this morning and I haven't time to read through.....

Ernie had a serious accident that pretty well shattered his leg that had to be fixed with a lot of wires and ins and he has had a lot of pain in the slow recovery.

My comment last night was due to him not posting for several days.

Hope he's doing okay. :(

Note to ridgerunner... I will be in Honolulu from July 1 to July 25. Maybe our paths will cross. If you wear a penguin outfit maybe I will be able to pick you out as you walk down the street. I will dress like an otter and wear a top hat. I'll wear a purple bow tie so I should be easy to pick out in a crowd. Look for me.

Lucky you! Not about your outfit but about your trip. :D

A lovely, mild spring day here. I'm getting some things done, finally. Tomorrow is the last final exam for the semester. Then all I have to do is finish grading and post my grades to record.
I'll have a very busy summer. Between clearing this place up and moving everything to Willow, I'll still be working full-time. Thank goodness for 4/10 shifts. Too bad my partner screwed me by going back to work. He was supposed to get settled in Willow and take care of the goats while I cleared up here. Then, I was supposed to stay in the Anchorage place during the work week and go to Willow on weekends. That would have saved me a 2 1/2 hour commute (one way) to get to work. I've suggested that we alternate week-on, week-off so that we can both share the joy of that commute. Someone will have to be in residence at Willow because the animals will be there full time. I'll start laying out a plan and timetable so that I assure that everything will be in place by the time the snow flies again this year.

Isn't it nice and a relief to finally get some warm weather? Ahhhhhh . . . . :)

Mornin', all!

Tonight I am especially thinking of peach174, boedicca, and Ernie S.and hope things are better with all.

Thank you. We're getting used to the new "normal" with some home improvements to make the house safe for Dad. Hope he can come home soon. So sad to see him in a nursing home. My brother is still in critical condition...will need another surgery.

Sorry about your family issues. I must have missed the post explaining what had happened to your brother? Positive thoughts to you and yours.

Mornin', all!

We'll up the prayers and postive vibes Boe.

Mornin', all!

Sorry about your family issues. I must have missed the post explaining what had happened to your brother? Positive thoughts to you and yours.

Boe's dad and brother both had serious heart attacks at the same time Chris. Send all your positive vibes that way.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
Boedicca, her dad, brother, mom, and family,

All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, SFC Ollie, and all the others we miss and hope to return.

Michigan sunset
sunset-over-lake-michigan.jpg

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
Boedicca, her dad, brother, mom, and family,

All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, SFC Ollie, and all the others we miss and hope to return.

Michigan sunset
sunset-over-lake-michigan.jpg

What a gorgeous picture! It's so orange and I have a thing for orange this year, and no, it doesn't have anything to do with Donald Trump! :lol:

I actually have orange nail polish on right now, and I'm loving it! :D

Yeah. She will learn to keep her yapper shut or find an alaskan fist in her mouth.
Nah, we're a pretty tolerant bunch, generally. Depending on her politics, she might want to tone down some opinions, though. And remind her, we are an open-carry/concealed carry state. What kind of food does she like to eat? There are some really good places downtown but warn her about the sticker shock. Things here can be a bit more dear than other places.
lol. She doesn't even know who our POTUS is. Think of the movie Deliverance....and that is her. All she needs is a banjo.

A lovely, mild spring day here. I'm getting some things done, finally. Tomorrow is the last final exam for the semester. Then all I have to do is finish grading and post my grades to record.
I'll have a very busy summer. Between clearing this place up and moving everything to Willow, I'll still be working full-time. Thank goodness for 4/10 shifts. Too bad my partner screwed me by going back to work. He was supposed to get settled in Willow and take care of the goats while I cleared up here. Then, I was supposed to stay in the Anchorage place during the work week and go to Willow on weekends. That would have saved me a 2 1/2 hour commute (one way) to get to work. I've suggested that we alternate week-on, week-off so that we can both share the joy of that commute. Someone will have to be in residence at Willow because the animals will be there full time. I'll start laying out a plan and timetable so that I assure that everything will be in place by the time the snow flies again this year.
I so wish we had met 10/15 years ago. We would be a big help for you. Alas...we can't do what we used to be able to do and the past 7 months have done a major number on us. :(

Workability test tomorrow, may finally be getting back to the job.

What is a workability test?
I have the same question View attachment 124470

MOTS doesn't check in here on a regular basis I don't think, but I took it to mean that he will be tested to see if he is ready to go back to work? I can't remember what happened that took him off work if he told us that.
Well that was a waste, they didnt have their paperwork in order so I have to go back tomorrow. They were missing a form from my DR.

Workability test is basically a physical therapy type situation where you do various exercises but are required to hit certain parameters to verify you can do everything that is required on the job, Its weight lifts, machine and dead weight, stair climbing,, ladder climbing.....

Note to ridgerunner. Made a mistake in earlier post. I'll be in Honolulu from 11 July until 25 July. Just two weeks. I've never been there before but the wife has but it was back in the early 70s. We're both retired Navy. Plan to take a side trip to Maui and hopefully one day of deep sea fishing. Mostly plan to just relax and play the tourist role. Want to go to the Arizona Memorial and drink some of those funny colored drinks with umbrellas in them.

Workability test tomorrow, may finally be getting back to the job.

What is a workability test?
I have the same question View attachment 124470

MOTS doesn't check in here on a regular basis I don't think, but I took it to mean that he will be tested to see if he is ready to go back to work? I can't remember what happened that took him off work if he told us that.
Well that was a waste, they didnt have their paperwork in order so I have to go back tomorrow. They were missing a form from my DR.

Workability test is basically a physical therapy type situation where you do various exercises but are required to hit certain parameters to verify you can do everything that is required on the job, Its weight lifts, machine and dead weight, stair climbing,, ladder climbing.....

So this is a job you are qualifying for? Or a return to work situation after an illness/injury?

Forum List

Back