USMB Coffee Shop IV

It's blazing hot here in sunny Florida. Need some rain...bad. :) Oh...and for those of you musically inclined I recorded an instrumental of a classic Who song. Crank it like it was 1975....:D

Behind Blue Eyes Instrumental by user183852791

Love it!!

Thanks.....I did not want to attempt the Daltrey screams.....it would be quite comical. :D I love playing Townshend's songs because generally they are quite challenging. He is a much better guitar player than many people give him credit for. :)

I don't remember any screams in "Behind Blue Eyes"????

Sorry Foxy...you're right....I was thinking of Won't Get Fooled Again. :)

Last edited:
It's the first of May and May might just be the most pleasant month of the year in these parts. Winters,can be brutal, but we were lovingly spared that fate this year. Summers can be humid and stuffy, so we'll see what the Dog Days of August bring. But May in particular features sunny days without the oppressive humidity and occasional inversions that trap pollutants and sultry air in small mething I can only imagine like the notorious Horse Latitudes on the high seas.

The May apples, a low growing weed looking something like a cross between an umbrella and a toad stool are up. All the flowering trees are strutting their wares. Azaleas are as colorful as I've ever seen them. Lilacs are fragrant as ever. Only roses and rhododendrons are not in bloom yet.

Many folks, me included, have yet to go to the garden centers to wear a blister on credit cards buying up annuals for the window boxes and planting beds. Mother's Day seems to be the starting point for that activity as we should not expect a frost again until late September.

On our daily walk in the park today, I was surprised to see the park superintendent with a puppy of his own. Earlier this year he sent the police to me with charges of an unsupervised dog. Daisy the Mutt enjoys running to her heart's content in the park. Chasing squirrels back up into the trees and chipmunks into their holes, Daisy presented the superintendent an undue hazard, in spite of her happy, playful demeanor. Daisy loves people and, while never approaching them or jumping on them, she will ease her way over to them to get her share of attention and admiration. But now the park superintendent has his own dog and his sentiments have mellowed. His pup is an American Bulldog six weeks old. White with black spotted ears, he named him Chopin.

As he and Chopin sat on a bench near the park entry, Daisy and I rounded a bend in the park road. The two dogs eyed each other up and decided that each would make for a grand playmate. And so they chased each other and made big, sweeping curves in their frolic only to end up butts in the air, nose to nose and puffing little sound at each other as if to encourage more of the same.

I shared some of the chicken jerky I treat Daisy with Chopin and there was never an admonition to put my little miniature poodle on a leash for the general health and safety of the patrons of the park. I only wish Chopin had come to him a few weeks earlier. Between the fine and the court cost, I am out $132.00. I consider it a 'user fee' for the facilities of the city park.

It's blazing hot here in sunny Florida. Need some rain...bad. :) Oh...and for those of you musically inclined I recorded an instrumental of a classic Who song. Crank it like it was 1975....:D

Behind Blue Eyes Instrumental by user183852791

Love it!!

Thanks.....I did not want to attempt the Daltrey screams.....it would be quite comical. :D I love playing Townshend's songs because generally they are quite challenging. He is a much better guitar player than many people give him credit for. :)

I don't remember any screams in "Behind Blue Eyes"????

Sorry Foxy...you're right....I was thinking of Won't Get Fooled Again. :)

Ironically one of the contestants on "The Voice" tonight sang
"Behind Blue Eyes." What are the odds? :)

It's the first of May and May might just be the most pleasant month of the year in these parts. Winters,can be brutal, but we were lovingly spared that fate this year. Summers can be humid and stuffy, so we'll see what the Dog Days of August bring. But May in particular features sunny days without the oppressive humidity and occasional inversions that trap pollutants and sultry air in small mething I can only imagine like the notorious Horse Latitudes on the high seas.

The May apples, a low growing weed looking something like a cross between an umbrella and a toad stool are up. All the flowering trees are strutting their wares. Azaleas are as colorful as I've ever seen them. Lilacs are fragrant as ever. Only roses and rhododendrons are not in bloom yet.

Many folks, me included, have yet to go to the garden centers to wear a blister on credit cards buying up annuals for the window boxes and planting beds. Mother's Day seems to be the starting point for that activity as we should not expect a frost again until late September.

On our daily walk in the park today, I was surprised to see the park superintendent with a puppy of his own. Earlier this year he sent the police to me with charges of an unsupervised dog. Daisy the Mutt enjoys running to her heart's content in the park. Chasing squirrels back up into the trees and chipmunks into their holes, Daisy presented the superintendent an undue hazard, in spite of her happy, playful demeanor. Daisy loves people and, while never approaching them or jumping on them, she will ease her way over to them to get her share of attention and admiration. But now the park superintendent has his own dog and his sentiments have mellowed. His pup is an American Bulldog six weeks old. White with black spotted ears, he named him Chopin.

As he and Chopin sat on a bench near the park entry, Daisy and I rounded a bend in the park road. The two dogs eyed each other up and decided that each would make for a grand playmate. And so they chased each other and made big, sweeping curves in their frolic only to end up butts in the air, nose to nose and puffing little sound at each other as if to encourage more of the same.

I shared some of the chicken jerky I treat Daisy with Chopin and there was never an admonition to put my little miniature poodle on a leash for the general health and safety of the patrons of the park. I only wish Chopin had come to him a few weeks earlier. Between the fine and the court cost, I am out $132.00. I consider it a 'user fee' for the facilities of the city park.

And you didn't use the opportunity to report the Park Superintendent? But I love happy endings. :)

I got a 96 on my A&P exam. Would have been a 97 if I hadn't changed that one question to the wrong answer, but that's OK. :)

Looking at my grades, I'm at an 81.67 now. With the final worth 15 points, I only need a 56 or better to get an A for the class. I'm a bit worried about being able to get an A on the final, but I'm pretty sure I can swing a 56. :D I'd still feel pretty shitty if I tried on the test and got that bad a grade, but it's nice not to have much pressure for it.

Our weather was nice for the past couple of days. There was light rain, but the temperatures were pretty cool, down into the mid-to-high 60s, I believe. Today, and for the next week or so, we're supposed to be back into the mid-80s, which is more than I like.
Congratulations on the grades, Montro! If only my students do as well. We finished our lecture final today (I'll grade it tomorrow) and have our lab final Wed. I have two really super, great students, a couple of bottom-of-the-barrel-barely-scraping-by students, and the rest will do OK.

It hasn't decided what its going to be here. Cold, hot? Somewhere inbetween for an hour or a day? Then back to cold? Then hot again? I think that is why my joints are having such a hissy. At home, I could go weeks..even a few months, without a flareup. Here...its constant. I think mainly due to the fluctuations of the weather. I loathe it. Mostly because not a day goes by that I don't hurt and this has been going on since I got here.

However, the only way from not becoming stiff, I have to keep busy. So, I am off to the antique mall today to help the housemate get his new bigger space ready. Which means MAYBE some of this crap in the house will get hauled down there, but I ain't holding my breath. Still...it's a start. I kinda dread going because its upstairs and I don't know what to wear. A coat? A tshirt? Both? And the stairs. Two levels. I don't know how well I will handle that, but I am going to give it a try.

Meanwhile...its supposed to be in the 70's today. Right now, it is 50 and overcast. They said no rain, but I am looking at a light rain right now and whether it clears up or not depends on the wind, I guess.
A roof over your head shouldn't come at such a price, not at our age. I'm still crossing my hooks that you and Mr. G. get into one of the enclaves you have been wishing to inhabit. Close to the ocean, for all of you.
Thanks, GW.
I am in another "mood"....(nice word for depression). Listening to my fav songs just makes me more down because it takes me back to happier times so..no music. Can't sit outside and listen to the creek because the neighbors dogs won't stfu with their barking at me. Want to write or start a blog about homelessness and what it does to a person but have no privacy since MrG is always looking over my shoulder. Too cold to sit in my van. I could go on, but eyeballs look in here for weaponry, so...I will just stop now and head to the group if I feel the further need to whine.
There are times I wish I could tell my mother about my life now. She died in 1996, so she didn't share my graduation to my second career. I think she was pleased with my life up to the time she passed, but she never really told me that. Still, I miss sharing those little "trophies" with her. My life was so very different from hers, although she was successful in her own way.
How does this relate? There are so many things in our present lives we would change. Difficult as it may seem, maybe our lives aren't so hard? Cherish Mr.G. Cherish your fur-fam. Cherish the fact that you are still sucking oxygen and are on this side of the dirt?
Hugs, Sweetie! My heart goes out to yours and I can only hope and wish that things get bette for you.

I'm looking through open window, breathing a fresh but warm air and seeing lights from planes in Sheremetievo... Damn, I want to travel too, but sitting all day here, having headache like Pontius Pilate and there are no Jesus to save me now... :))

So you made it to the city I presume in good shape Sbiker?. Sorry about the headache. Hopefully it was short lived. Are you working there yet? If not we'll hope for good fortune and prosperity for you so that you will be able to travel as you wish.

Yes, offcourse, I'm working here and now having breakfast before the job. 1st of May was a holiday, but major May holidays this year are from 6th till 9th... I have a beautiful view from window where I live, to the Sheremetievo airport direction, especially at nights... If you decide to visit Moscow, I could see, how you arrive :)

Tonight I am especially thinking of peach174, boedicca, and Ernie S.and hope things are better with all.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
Boedicca, her dad, brother, mom, and family,
CeeCee's baby sister,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, SFC Ollie, and all the others we miss and hope to return. I am sadly taking Alan off the MIA list as he is no longer listed as a member at USMB. I hope he is well wherever (and whomever) he is.

ar13063938328098.jpg

Well, I'm back from the docs and my vitamin D level was slightly low so he wants me to double my dose of 2,000iu.

Truth is I wasn't really good about taking it every day but will now.

Also, about the coffee shop and forums in general, I'd be depressed without it/them.

I live alone and don't have many friends in Fresno, so being on here is a life saver in a sense.

Glad to have such a nice group on here to talk to. Sometimes I'm not on everyday and that's usually because I'm having a don't feel like talking Day. But those are rare.
Vitamin D deficiency is common here so I take lots of supplements. My schedule keeps me busy enough that my social life has decreased to a minimum. The guys at work are entertaining, but with our schedules, socializing is minimized. I like coming here for the break and the decent interchange. Thanks, y'all!

Good morning, having a bad day because I didn't sleep well. My vitamin D was low also Gracie, doc told me to double the dose I was taking.

My problem is I forget to take it.

Foxfyre ...I sometimes make an almond milk and chia seed type pudding and eat it for breakfast..think I'll do that for tomorrow, it has to sit for a few hours.

Have a great day all!
Ahem...last time I looked, almonds didn't have mammary glands and are therefore incapable of producing milk. If you are consuming almond "milk", you are drinking an extract from almonds.

Temperature is down to 38 here with a very cold light rain. They just issued winter storm warnings for late tonight with heavy snow in northern New Mexico that could include our Sandias and the foothills extending into Albuquerque. It's April 28 for heaven's sake!!! It would be the second latest snowfall on record for us with the latest recorded in 1928.

And in spite of the light rain and snow forecast, we're also under a red flag warning for fire so there must be some serious wind anticipated with all this.
Schucks! We haven't even had temps to 38 for the past couple of weeks! A little rain, though.

My sister in law and MrGs brother are going to Anchorage May 24th. His son lives in Hawaii and knows his dad has always had a dream of being in alaska fishing. So...this is his last hurrah combined with his birthday present. My sister in law doesn't want to go but will. I told her it will probably still be cold May 24th, so be prepared. I feel badly for Anchorage with her loose in town. Loud, brash, dumb, tacky.

The son wouldn't even pay her ticket. He didn't want her to go but his dad insisted. So he said fine..but she has to pay her own way.

Mornin', all!
What's up with Ernie, Foxfyre? "Especially Ernie" on your prayer list? The search function isn't working this morning and I haven't time to read through.....

Forum List

Back