USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
Boedicca, her dad, brother, mom, and family,
CeeCee's baby sister,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, SFC Ollie, Ridgerunner, and all the others we miss and hope to return.

Auckland New Zealand harbor.
amazing-pictures-from-around+-the-world-3.jpg

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
Boedicca, her dad, brother, mom, and family,
CeeCee's baby sister,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, SFC Ollie, Ridgerunner, and all the others we miss and hope to return.

Auckland New Zealand harbor.
amazing-pictures-from-around+-the-world-3.jpg

Cool!

Also with any luck we may have found a rental for just a little more than half of what we're paying now, the only thing is it's down in Los Lunas but we can deal with that for a year. It's a newer house around 1600 square feet on a large lot with a two car garage and great mountain views.
Just found out it's being rented today so off to choice number 2, about $250 more per month but up on the ridge in SW Albuquerque off Dennis Chavez.

That's a far piece from Rio Rancho, but I see Unser Blvd now goes all the way through so that's a fairly fast route to Rio Rancho.
She doesn't expect to get the job, waaaaaay too overqualified so she'll hook up with temp/staffing agencies for the time being. Eventually when we buy our preferred location would be north Rio Rancho simply because of this view...........

Sandia-Lifestyle-View_Rio_Rancho-1000x221.jpg
Breathtaking, so beautiful.

Just found out it's being rented today so off to choice number 2, about $250 more per month but up on the ridge in SW Albuquerque off Dennis Chavez.

That's a far piece from Rio Rancho, but I see Unser Blvd now goes all the way through so that's a fairly fast route to Rio Rancho.
She doesn't expect to get the job, waaaaaay too overqualified so she'll hook up with temp/staffing agencies for the time being. Eventually when we buy our preferred location would be north Rio Rancho simply because of this view...........

Sandia-Lifestyle-View_Rio_Rancho-1000x221.jpg

If you're in the right location, the views can be sensational--both mountain views, desert views, and city views. And if we were buying now we would probably also be looking in Rio Rancho. All the city amenities there plus you can get more house for the money in Albuquerque and, unless Intel closes, property should hold its value there. The Intel situation is worrisome though as they haven't been upgrading the plant for some time and it is the largest employer in the state. If it closes it would be devastating for Rio Rancho for some time.
Intel is the largest chip maker for PCs and with more and more people moving to smart phones and tablets they need to adapt or eventually become marginalized in the market. IBM built a huge campus in the Reston/Herndon area just before the PC market took off and left them behind, AOL built a huge campus out west of Reston/Herndon just before they lost most of the market to Google and others. Both those campuses are mostly empty now but Intel has rapidly moved to diversify into other areas something neither IBM or AOL did very fast so I'm not as concerned with Intel's fate. Those are the risks associated with the constantly changing tech industry.

My only concern is if the plant at Rio Rancho closes--and whether that will inevitably happen in the next few years is according to who you ask--some 2500 jobs at the plant and 5000 more who contract with Intel will go bye bye and blow a $800+ million dollar hole in the area economy. And that will likely put thousands of houses on the market which will hurt Albuquerque and the entire metro area but will devastate real estate values in Rio Rancho. It is just something to think about before making a decision.
Another good reason to rent first.

Well you know what they say...

upload_2017-4-30_18-46-36.png

I am getting settled in to the Hawaiian lifestyle once again... This is the 4th time I have packed up my stuff and moved to Hawaii... There must be a reason why... Been little over 15 years since I was last here and what I have seen things have changed compared to when I left... The Ex and I are getting adjusted to being around each other and things have been going well...
As a very wise man once sang...

Life is Good...

Well you know what they say...

View attachment 124084

I am getting settled in to the Hawaiian lifestyle once again... This is the 4th time I have packed up my stuff and moved to Hawaii... There must be a reason why... Been little over 15 years since I was last here and what I have seen things have changed compared to when I left... The Ex and I are getting adjusted to being around each other and things have been going well...
As a very wise man once sang...

Life is Good...

Happy to have you back here Ridgerunner and hope it is everything you hoped for there. Hawaii is one of the few states I have not visited and always wanted to go before I die. Maybe someday. You may have said back when, but I don't recall which Island you are living on?

We have all been busy today and due to limited activity I'm just going to refer everybody to Post #46381 for the vigil list. Nothing has changed except we can take Ridgerunner off the MIA list. :)

Good night darlinks.

Sunset over Hawaii
5383640212_7a7ed84e27_b.jpg

We have all been busy today and due to limited activity I'm just going to refer everybody to Post #46381 for the vigil list. Nothing has changed except we can take Ridgerunner off the MIA list. :)

Good night darlinks.

Sunset over Hawaii
5383640212_7a7ed84e27_b.jpg

Beautiful!!

Good morning everyone, Happy May 1st! Our temps are way too hot for May 1..except for today at 86 the rest of the week is in the upper 90's. YIKES.

This will be an expensive month with having to turn on A/C and turning on my sprinkler system yesterday. It's summer schedule time and that means my water bill will rise by about $30 a month just because of the sprinklers and that's with just watering the allowed 2 days a week...used to be 3 but Fresno County is still in drought mode even though the rest of the state isn't.

With the heat and less watering my grass will turn brown anyway. :(

Beside the utilities life is good and I feel good and hope you all do too. :)

Good morning everyone, Happy May 1st! Our temps are way too hot for May 1..except for today at 86 the rest of the week is in the upper 90's. YIKES.

This will be an expensive month with having to turn on A/C and turning on my sprinkler system yesterday. It's summer schedule time and that means my water bill will rise by about $30 a month just because of the sprinklers and that's with just watering the allowed 2 days a week...used to be 3 but Fresno County is still in drought mode even though the rest of the state isn't.

With the heat and less watering my grass will turn brown anyway. :(

Beside the utilities life is good and I feel good and hope you all do too. :)
I don't envy you. I really don't enjoy the heat like some do.

Ours is rainy, 66 today and rainy, 49 tomorrow. Chilly but humid. Try and stay cool out there. :)

My credit union was switching over from one name to another on Friday which slowed my loan to late today. I knew they would give me the money because I don't really need it other than to keep my score up. Still ,it was frustrating to wait. :(

I'm looking through open window, breathing a fresh but warm air and seeing lights from planes in Sheremetievo... Damn, I want to travel too, but sitting all day here, having headache like Pontius Pilate and there are no Jesus to save me now... :))

It's blazing hot here in sunny Florida. Need some rain...bad. :) Oh...and for those of you musically inclined I recorded an instrumental of a classic Who song. Crank it like it was 1975....:D

Behind Blue Eyes Instrumental by user183852791

Love it!!

Thanks.....I did not want to attempt the Daltrey screams.....it would be quite comical. :D I love playing Townshend's songs because generally they are quite challenging. He is a much better guitar player than many people give him credit for. :)

I'm looking through open window, breathing a fresh but warm air and seeing lights from planes in Sheremetievo... Damn, I want to travel too, but sitting all day here, having headache like Pontius Pilate and there are no Jesus to save me now... :))

So you made it to the city I presume in good shape Sbiker?. Sorry about the headache. Hopefully it was short lived. Are you working there yet? If not we'll hope for good fortune and prosperity for you so that you will be able to travel as you wish.

It's blazing hot here in sunny Florida. Need some rain...bad. :) Oh...and for those of you musically inclined I recorded an instrumental of a classic Who song. Crank it like it was 1975....:D

Love it!!

Thanks.....I did not want to attempt the Daltrey screams.....it would be quite comical. :D I love playing Townshend's songs because generally they are quite challenging. He is a much better guitar player than many people give him credit for. :)

I don't remember any screams in "Behind Blue Eyes"????

I still find it odd that Limp Bizkit did a pretty decent cover of that song. I don't like Limp Bizkit.

There's a pretty good one with Eddie Vedder and Pete Townshend, as well. Actually, Eddie Vedder seems to have gotten on stage with every other rock band at some point. :p

Once again headed back up to Albuquerque Wednesday to look at rentals, hopefully some of the ones we have earmarked will still be available. One we really liked we found out they want a $400 per pet nonrefundable deposit, that would be $800 for two cats...... Told em were to stuff it.

Forum List

Back