USMB Coffee Shop IV

Temperature is down to 38 here with a very cold light rain. They just issued winter storm warnings for late tonight with heavy snow in northern New Mexico that could include our Sandias and the foothills extending into Albuquerque. It's April 28 for heaven's sake!!! It would be the second latest snowfall on record for us with the latest recorded in 1928.

And in spite of the light rain and snow forecast, we're also under a red flag warning for fire so there must be some serious wind anticipated with all this.
Yeah, we're getting high winds today but much warmer and no rain/snow in the forecast........

Also with any luck we may have found a rental for just a little more than half of what we're paying now, the only thing is it's down in Los Lunas but we can deal with that for a year. It's a newer house around 1600 square feet on a large lot with a two car garage and great mountain views.

Temperature is down to 38 here with a very cold light rain. They just issued winter storm warnings for late tonight with heavy snow in northern New Mexico that could include our Sandias and the foothills extending into Albuquerque. It's April 28 for heaven's sake!!! It would be the second latest snowfall on record for us with the latest recorded in 1928.

And in spite of the light rain and snow forecast, we're also under a red flag warning for fire so there must be some serious wind anticipated with all this.
It's chilly here today but sunny and beautiful. I spent sometime inside cleaning but a lot of time out and about.

Now, we're just kicking back after spaghetti for dinner tonight.

Also with any luck we may have found a rental for just a little more than half of what we're paying now, the only thing is it's down in Los Lunas but we can deal with that for a year. It's a newer house around 1600 square feet on a large lot with a two car garage and great mountain views.
When my sis did the travelling nurse gig, housing was a part of the contract. Any chance of that happening?

Just found out it's being rented today so off to choice number 2, about $250 more per month but up on the ridge in SW Albuquerque off Dennis Chavez.

When my sis did the travelling nurse gig, housing was a part of the contract. Any chance of that happening?
No, not nursing so it doesn't apply. Nurses and doctors are in huge demand and hospitals/companies are willing to do almost anything to bring in nurses and doctors.
Many hospitals own houses around their facility to house doctors and nurses.

No, not nursing so it doesn't apply. Nurses and doctors are in huge demand and hospitals/companies are willing to do almost anything to bring in nurses and doctors.
Ahh, okay. You'll find something, you're going about it like it's your job and that's a good thing. My sis has to move every few years and my brother in law goes about finding a new residence the same way.

Ahh, okay. You'll find something, you're going about it like it's your job and that's a good thing. My sis has to move every few years and my brother in law goes about finding a new residence the same way.
Yup, my job is to find a place we both like as close to the area we want to be in then to set up and organize the move. We've been gradually packing for a while so when it comes time the amount of packing left to do will be minimal. Pack Rat has a different approach to PODs, they have a 27 foot trailer they drop off at your house and you pack it then they move it to your new residence and you unpack it. We can also hire help to load and unload the trailer.

Yup, my job is to find a place we both like as close to the area we want to be in then to set up and organize the move. We've been gradually packing for a while so when it comes time the amount of packing left to do will be minimal. Pack Rat has a different approach to PODs, they have a 27 foot trailer they drop off at your house and you pack it then they move it to your new residence and you unpack it. We can also hire help to load and unload the trailer.
That's nice. The pod idea was pretty creative, it changed the way people look at moving. I haven't used one yet but it has to be less expensive than the moving vans. They're like $2000 and more.

That's nice. The pod idea was pretty creative, it changed the way people look at moving. I haven't used one yet but it has to be less expensive than the moving vans. They're like $2000 and more.
When I was considering Tucson I received a quote from Pack Rat for $2400, when we used a full service mover to move down to El Paso it cost us $9K. Uhaul would be around $500 but you only have use of the truck for a few days so we would absolutely have to hire help to load and unload, with Pack Rat we have basically a month to use the trailer so we can take a week or two to load and unload and we don't have to haul it, they do.

When I was considering Tucson I received a quote from Pack Rat for $2400, when we used a full service mover to move down to El Paso it cost us $9K. Uhaul would be around $500 but you only have use of the truck for a few days so we would absolutely have to hire help to load and unload, with Pack Rat we have basically a month to use the trailer so we can take a week or two to load and unload and we don't have to haul it, they do.
They give you time then, that's good. I've always just used uhaul but I'll give the pods a try if we need to move again.

I am moving in 2 weeks. I just looked up Pack Rat and I am not in their service area. So, they sent me to U Pack, and I got a quote of
13 Feet of Trailer Space $1,811.00. We would have to pack it etc.
Already am set with 2 Men and a Truck. They come and load it, haul it, unload and set it up..even beds.
That is costing $3034.00. Guess that's who I will stick with.

Did I say I hate moving? I am SO tired of packing etc. "Throw this away, keep this, give this to charity". LOL

They give you time then, that's good. I've always just used uhaul but I'll give the pods a try if we need to move again.
PODs was relatively inexpensive, we used two when we moved out to Colorado from Virginia and (if I remember correctly) it only cost somewhere under $3K. Where they get ya is in two areas, one is if you have to store them it's a couple of hundred dollars a month and two if they don't deliver to the town you're moving to you have to incur more moving expenses to unload them in a city they do deliver to and then move your goods via Uhaul, etc to your final destination.

When we have moved ourselves from one town to another, we have always hired a Uhaul Truck we drove ourselves. We did hire guys to load and unload it though. They are probably more expensive now than the last one we rented in the 1980's.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
Boedicca, her dad, brother, mom, and family,
CeeCee's baby sister,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, SFC Ollie, Ridgerunner, and all the others we miss and hope to return.

No idea where this is, but I could build a novel or at least a short story around it.

enhanced-buzz-17795-1382630983-21.jpg

Forum List

Back