USMB Coffee Shop IV

Arrived in Rio Rancho a few hours ago, rested, looked at homes online then walked across the parking lot to the Dion's for dinner. Now I'm stuffed.........
Gotta love a nice meal but I sure hate that stuffed feeling after.

Luck finding a great home. Is your wife still looking for work there?
That's what we're here for, a job interview plus looking at houses though we're no longer looking to buy right now. Not finding what we want in our price range that wouldn't require a gut and rebuild which we can't afford right now so we figure we'll rent for a year and build up our available finances then buy.
Good idea!

Got a 95 on my Terminology final, so that gives me a 96 for the class. :) Just have my English final (which doesn't really matter, I already have an A for the class) and A&P final to go.

Bro, you were kind of sandbagging with the 1% going into the final.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
Hombre's sore toes,
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
Boedicca, her dad, brother, mom, and family,
CeeCee's baby sister,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, SFC Ollie, Ridgerunner, and all the others we miss and hope to return.

strange-places-eye-racetrack.jpg

Good morning! Sunny and warm but windy today. Looking at my forecast for the week I see a 97 next week, that's way too early to be that hot!

Just some errands today...Have a great Friday everyone!

Oh my! That is VERY hot, and it's not even summer yet! It's rainy here and warm (not as warm as some of you though!). Kind of soupy actually.

I had to edit my last post of half life 2 and the site crashed in the middle of it. But I finally got there.

I still think half life 2 is the best computer game I have ever played.
One of the best shooting games ever! :D

You play it too esthermoon? I guess I'm going to have to get it. I forgot to ask Dajjal so I'll ask you both--it is a game you can play by yourself on your computer? It isn't an on line group game?

You can play half life on your own as it is a single player, first person shooter. I played it twice before years ago and I have forgotten most of the details. But I know the kind of thing to look out for, otherwise I would have got stuck a few times trying to work out what to do next. I have the book 'Prima official game guide' which is an illustrated walkthrough, so I can get tips on what to do when stuck. But there are walkthrough's on the internet to help you when you don't know what to do next. Here is a link to a walkthrough.

Visual Walkthroughs - Half Life 2 Walkthrough

You can download the game from steam so you do not need the CD rom.

Good morning! Sunny and warm but windy today. Looking at my forecast for the week I see a 97 next week, that's way too early to be that hot!

Whoa. It is really unusually cool here--expecting around 50 for a high today, 45 tomorrow with a possible freeze tomorrow night and heavy snow in the northern mountains. That's really not good news because everything is leafed out, flowers are blooming, little peaches have set on the trees etc. Looking ahead, Accuweather isn't forecasting anything above 80 and mostly 60's and 70's for us until the end of May.

I had to edit my last post of half life 2 and the site crashed in the middle of it. But I finally got there.

You play it too esthermoon? I guess I'm going to have to get it. I forgot to ask Dajjal so I'll ask you both--it is a game you can play by yourself on your computer? It isn't an on line group game?

You can play half life on your own as it is a single player, first person shooter. I played it twice before years ago and I have forgotten most of the details. But I know the kind of thing to look out for, otherwise I would have got stuck a few times trying to work out what to do next. I have the book 'Prima official game guide' which is an illustrated walkthrough, so I can get tips on what to do when stuck. But there are walkthrough's on the internet to help you when you don't know what to do next. Here is a link to a walkthrough.

Very helpful. One more question: Do you play it with your mouse or do you have to use other keys on the keyboard?

IMG_0763.JPG

Whoa. It is really unusually cool here--expecting around 50 for a high today, 45 tomorrow with a possible freeze tomorrow night and heavy snow in the northern mountains. That's really not good news because everything is leafed out, flowers are blooming, little peaches have set on the trees etc. Looking ahead, Accuweather isn't forecasting anything above 80 and mostly 60's and 70's for us until the end of May.

My roses are blooming beautifully already....I took this pic yesterday...it's the tiny teacup rose I planted 12 years ago in memory on the first anniversary of my husband's death. It was all white tiny roses and only about 5 inches high then...grows
Ike crazy..Gardner has to cut it back all the time.

Very helpful. One more question: Do you play it with your mouse or do you have to use other keys on the keyboard?

You use both the keyboard and mouse. You can change the setting of what keys you use to suit yourself.

First person shooters generally use the wasd keys or the arrow keys for movement and the mouse to look around and shoot. There are other keys that get involved, too, but those are the basics.

View attachment 123706

My roses are blooming beautifully already....I took this pic yesterday...it's the tiny teacup rose I planted 12 years ago in memory on the first anniversary of my husband's death. It was all white tiny roses and only about 5 inches high then...grows
Ike crazy..Gardner has to cut it back all the time.

Beautiful.

The 1992 Yukon has been fun to own. Alas the blower motor went last year, it has major rust belt rust, tailgate is rusted to the point I dare not open it. Engine is telling me to find something else with the blue cloud now following me around town. Needs tires and brakes. In short, it is dead.

Looking at an old 1998 Silverado regular cab short box 4x4 in a dark red. A few of the guys in here would be drooling at how nice this one is. I am almost afraid to take it on a jobsite. Waiting on a personal note to pay for it. The knee surgery bill and a little more cash I have around would have paid for it without the loan. :(

Temperature is down to 38 here with a very cold light rain. They just issued winter storm warnings for late tonight with heavy snow in northern New Mexico that could include our Sandias and the foothills extending into Albuquerque. It's April 28 for heaven's sake!!! It would be the second latest snowfall on record for us with the latest recorded in 1928.

And in spite of the light rain and snow forecast, we're also under a red flag warning for fire so there must be some serious wind anticipated with all this.

Last edited:
The 1992 Yukon has been fun to own. Alas the blower motor went last year, it has major rust belt rust, tailgate is rusted to the point I dare not open it. Engine is telling me to find something else with the blue cloud now following me around town. Needs tires and brakes. In short, it is dead.

Looking at an old 1998 Silverado regular cab short box 4x4 in a dark red. A few of the guys in here would be drooling at how nice this one is. I am almost afraid to take it on a jobsite. Waiting on a personal note to pay for it. The knee surgery bill and a little more cash I have around would have paid for it without the loan. :(

I drive an antique too--a 1995 Subaru Impreza Outback, also red. No rust and it still runs great with no mechanical issues. It does need shocks but just running around town--I probably won't put 500 miles on it this year--I'm not going to worry about that.

Forum List

Back