USMB Coffee Shop IV

Well, I'm done with my A&P final. It was the first of our proctored tests to only have multiple choice questions, but it didn't immediately give me a grade. :( I think I easily got the 56 I needed, and I'm hopeful I was able to get at least a B, if not an A, on it. I guess I'll have to wait to see.

I did get my class grade for my English Comp II class. I got a 102. :D Since I'm not yet actually in the Health Information Technology program, and supposedly acceptance into that program is based on performance in classes you take before you enter it (although I don't know what, if any, actual qualifications are required for acceptance), it's good that I'm getting the high grades now.

Now I just need to figure out what seller to use for the refurbished iPad the little one is getting for her birthday. My employer wants me to find and buy it for her. I've seen a number of possible choices on ebay, but I'm not sure which to go with. I'm always a bit leery when it comes to seller-refurbished products, but a new iPad is way too expensive.

Damn, I've forgot, how is annoying to pass exams, tests and so on... I'm with you! I plan to get an Microsoft Certificate next months - so, I'll understand your pains fully, passing needed exams... :)

I was out looking for clam cakes EVERYWHERE today. You would think that because I live in New England, there would be clam cakes everywhere, but I had to search on my computer. I went to three different grocery stores. The first one only had clam cake patties (I want real clamcakes, thank you), and the last two didn't even have any. I am going to a restaurant later on tonight to get some already made. I have a real craving for some clamcakes and chowder today.

I was out looking for clam cakes EVERYWHERE today. You would think that because I live in New England, there would be clam cakes everywhere, but I had to search on my computer. I went to three different grocery stores. The first one only had clam cake patties (I want real clamcakes, thank you), and the last two didn't even have any. I am going to a restaurant later on tonight to get some already made. I have a real craving for some clamcakes and chowder today.

I don't eat seafood, so I can't really empathize. :p

HAPPY 7TH BIRTHDAY

TO THE

COFFEE SHOP!!!!
The original USMB Coffee Shop opened on 5-4-2010 and acquired 80,455 posts and 3,285,729 views before it closed on 7-30-13.

USMB Coffee Shop II opened on 7-30-13 and acquired 25,935 posts and 486,351 views before it closed on 4-14-14.

USMB Coffee Shop III opened on 4-15-14 and is closing on 5-15-14 with 2,803 posts and 32,229 views.

Versions 1, 2, and 3 acquired about another 100,000 views after they were closed and before they were deleted and sent into oblivion.

USMB Coffee Shop IV opened on 5-15-14 and has acquired 46,484 posts and 1,227,530 views so far.

That is a total of 155,677 posts and 5,031,839 views since the Coffee Shop opened on May 4, 2010.

As of today, 446 different members have posted in the Coffee Shop give or take a few due to a few screen name changes over the years. A lot of folks who used to post here have moved on to other things in other places, and there have been a number of other social threads opening up at USMB that diluted the numbers, but its all good. Imitation is the highest form of flattery and all that. :)

But I hope those who enjoy dropping in here once in awhile enjoy the friendship and sharing and just enjoying each other as much as I do. There are so many of you who have become important to me and others and in many ways we really are family.

Long live the Coffee Shop!

Last edited:

I doubt you could find clamcakes here anywhere, even in the restaurants. Crabcakes are popular though even here on the desert 800 miles or so from any ocean.

What is a clam cake? I love clams but have never heard of that.

Its like a crab cake. Clams/crabs/whatever, mixed with breading or potatoes, then fried. Sorta like hashbrowns that are formed and frozen in the freezer section of the supermarket.

calmcakes+bag.jpg

I just picked them up and keeping them warm in the bag, and I'm cooking my chowder and clam strips as we speak! :) 15 minutes and dinner time!

You probably use a clam cake pan and a clam oven.

Daughter won some sort of scholarship from her HS. dont know the amount, letter didnt state it. Dont think she has top GPA in her class but she did finish first in her school and in the top 4% in a nationwide contest. Econ class I believe.

Okay, we're home after a marathon day of driving all over Albuquerque and Rio Rancho, found one we really like but it's a little more per month than we had originally set and not as big as we'd like. It's in NW Albuquerque on the east side of the river, old but very nice, clean neighborhood with lot's of extremely well kept houses including many actual adobe homes. The neighborhood looks expensive but it's fairly centrally located so it's relatively easy to head in any direction without a major commute.

I'm putting Hombre back on the list tonight. We spent a good part of the morning in urgent care with a sort of diagnosis as acute bronchitis. They don't know if it is viral or bacterial so we're treating it as a virus for a couple of days and if he isn't better then we start using an antibiotic. He's pretty miserable.

Otherwise all is well.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Hombre for wellness.
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, peach174 , Ernie S. and all others we hope will return.

Pink-flowers-at-sunset-1920x1440.jpg

I am up with the foxes at 5.30 am this morning, and there is not enough light to photograph them yet. In fact I am touch typing because its too dark to see the keys properly.

I am up with the foxes at 5.30 am this morning, and there is not enough light to photograph them yet. In fact I am touch typing because its too dark to see the keys properly.

Time fo feeding cows and then sleep again :)
Or to make web sites... I did it many times (working through the night to 7-8am), living in village and observing, when and how people working at their farms... Walking along the borders of my territory and smoking pipe like Stalin :)

Forum List

Back