USMB Coffee Shop IV

I am up with the foxes at 5.30 am this morning, and there is not enough light to photograph them yet. In fact I am touch typing because its too dark to see the keys properly.

Time fo feeding cows and then sleep again :)
Or to make web sites... I did it many times (working through the night to 7-8am), living in village and observing, when and how people working at their farms... Walking along the borders of my territory and smoking pipe like Stalin :)
Nothing better than rolling hills with green fields, forest and farms, and the smell that goes with it. Call me crazy but I love the smell of a farm. I guess that's why I've lived coast to coast but always came back to WI. This is home. I grew up on a farm, best years of my childhood. I loved it. If I ever won the lottery I'd buy myself a farm, or two, or TEN... :lol:

I am up with the foxes at 5.30 am this morning, and there is not enough light to photograph them yet. In fact I am touch typing because its too dark to see the keys properly.

Or to make web sites... I did it many times (working through the night to 7-8am), living in village and observing, when and how people working at their farms... Walking along the borders of my territory and smoking pipe like Stalin :)
Nothing better than rolling hills with green fields, forest and farms, and the smell that goes with it. Call me crazy but I love the smell of a farm. I guess that's why I've lived coast to coast but always came back to WI. This is home. I grew up on a farm, best years of my childhood. I loved it. If I ever won the lottery I'd buy myself a farm, or two, or TEN... :lol:

That is how I feel about the beach....my beach.

When I was stationed at MacDill AFB in Tampa, I LIVED on the beaches. I did enjoy that.

I stayed up until 6am when the neighbours scared the foxes away, then I went back to bed.

I was out looking for clam cakes EVERYWHERE today. You would think that because I live in New England, there would be clam cakes everywhere, but I had to search on my computer. I went to three different grocery stores. The first one only had clam cake patties (I want real clamcakes, thank you), and the last two didn't even have any. I am going to a restaurant later on tonight to get some already made. I have a real craving for some clamcakes and chowder today.

What is a clam cake? I love clams but have never heard of that.

calmcakes+bag.jpg

I just picked them up and keeping them warm in the bag, and I'm cooking my chowder and clam strips as we speak! :) 15 minutes and dinner time!

Those don't look like our crab cakes here but more like hush puppies. But they look delicious.

Last edited:

When I was stationed at MacDill AFB in Tampa, I LIVED on the beaches. I did enjoy that.

Having not lived near the ocean since I was 2 yrs old--my folks moved to New Mexico from Houston--I have only visited the beach. But I do love the sound of the surf and the cries of the gulls and there is a distinct olfactory ambiance that is unmistakable and you would know where you were if you could not see or hear.

I have not lived on a farm--just lived near them much of my life and visited often, but I enjoy the unique smell of plowed fields, growing crops, and even the distinct aroma of the barnyard.

I was out looking for clam cakes EVERYWHERE today. You would think that because I live in New England, there would be clam cakes everywhere, but I had to search on my computer. I went to three different grocery stores. The first one only had clam cake patties (I want real clamcakes, thank you), and the last two didn't even have any. I am going to a restaurant later on tonight to get some already made. I have a real craving for some clamcakes and chowder today.

What is a clam cake? I love clams but have never heard of that.

calmcakes+bag.jpg

I just picked them up and keeping them warm in the bag, and I'm cooking my chowder and clam strips as we speak! :) 15 minutes and dinner time!

Those don't look like our crab cake shere, more like hush puppies. But they look delicious.

Because they aren't crab cakes. They are CLAM cakes. :)

I don't know why they call them "cakes." The don't look anything like cake. Lol.

I'm putting Hombre back on the list tonight. We spent a good part of the morning in urgent care with a sort of diagnosis as acute bronchitis. They don't know if it is viral or bacterial so we're treating it as a virus for a couple of days and if he isn't better then we start using an antibiotic. He's pretty miserable.

Otherwise all is well.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Hombre for wellness.
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, peach174 , Ernie S. and all others we hope will return.

Pink-flowers-at-sunset-1920x1440.jpg

Hombre is in our prayers for a speedy recovery.
You too Foxfyre! Take care of yourself.

I have been very busy lately.
Just got done getting a new tiled roof and rain gutters.
Hubbie has his good days and slow days.
I think the waiting is getting to him, his sonogram is at the end of this month, then 2 more weeks we see the heart doctor to know what they will do or not do. That's 6 more long weeks of him having to wear the life vest. He says it's very uncomfortable. I bet it is, he says he now knows why so many women hate bras. :)

I think the waiting is getting to him, his sonogram is at the end of this month, then 2 more weeks we see the heart doctor to know what they will do or not do. That's 6 more long weeks of him having to wear the life vest. He says it's very uncomfortable. I bet it is, he says he now knows why so many women hate bras. :)

Don't forget to make some time for you to relax too! :)

Thank you.
My sanctuary is books. :smile:

I'm putting Hombre back on the list tonight. We spent a good part of the morning in urgent care with a sort of diagnosis as acute bronchitis. They don't know if it is viral or bacterial so we're treating it as a virus for a couple of days and if he isn't better then we start using an antibiotic. He's pretty miserable.

Otherwise all is well.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Hombre for wellness.
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, peach174 , Ernie S. and all others we hope will return.

Pink-flowers-at-sunset-1920x1440.jpg

Missed this one. How beautiful! Sorry about Hombre. hope he feels better by now.

Thank you.
My sanctuary is books. :smile:

I so empathize with Mr. Peach. Friend Dana has now been dealing with a heart pump and lugging the very heavy battery that powers it everywhere she goes for most of a year now. She is still awaiting that heart transplant.

But happy you checked in. I was afraid something worse had happened.

Forum List

Back