USMB Coffee Shop IV

Apparently my crystal ball has not functioned well. Guess I need to download the latest up-date for it. Possibly it drank too many of those mint julip things.

C3lYg6BWcAAyQst.jpg

I wonder if the cat will still snuggle up to the lion cub when it is full grown.

Good morning BBD and most of you, good afternoon Dajjal, and good evening esthermoon. Another beautiful spring day on store in Albuquerque. We'll probably get up to 80f today.

That's what I suspected the foxes were doing in your photo Dajjal--a mating ritual of some sort. And wow esthermoon and Dajjal, I applaud you for tackling Nietzsche. Not easy reading at all. I had to read him way back when and, while I cannot agree with much of his philosophy, he does make a person think.

A favorite quotation:

We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh.
-- Friedrich Nietzsche​

Good morning BBD and most of you, good afternoon Dajjal, and good evening esthermoon. Another beautiful spring day on store in Albuquerque. We'll probably get up to 80f today.

That's what I suspected the foxes were doing in your photo Dajjal--a mating ritual of some sort. And wow esthermoon, I commend you for tackling Nietzsche and Dajjal. Not easy reading at all. I had to read him way back when and, while I cannot agree with much of his philosophy, he does make a person think.

A favorite quotation:

We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh.-- Friedrich Nietzsche​
Hi Foxfyre! Good morning to you! :bye1:
I really like Nietzsche's philosophy (but to be honest I like more Arthur Schopenhauer's philosophy, one of his disciples) :)

That's what I suspected the foxes were doing in your photo Dajjal--a mating ritual of some sort. And wow esthermoon, I commend you for tackling Nietzsche and Dajjal. Not easy reading at all. I had to read him way back when and, while I cannot agree with much of his philosophy, he does make a person think.

A favorite quotation:

We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh.-- Friedrich Nietzsche​
I really like Nietzsche's philosophy (but to be honest I like more Arthur Schopenhauer's philosophy, one of his disciples) :)
Wasn't Nietzsche the one who said life is like rolling the boulder up the hill, only to have it roll back down on you just before the pinnacle?

A favorite quotation:

Wasn't Nietzsche the one who said life is like rolling the boulder up the hill, only to have it roll back down on you just before the pinnacle?
True. He used the myth of Sisyphus to explain the concept of "eternal return" :)

A favorite quotation:

Nietzsche was my favorite character in this episode. lol

A favorite quotation:

Lao Tsu rocks LOL 2.gif

A favorite quotation:

I can certainly respect that though I think he was Schopenhauer's disciple rather than the other way around. I agree completely with Nietzsche when he said:
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.-- Friedrich Nietzsche​

A favorite quotation:

Funny, entertaining, and I'm impressed with the amount of thought that went into that. :)

I can certainly respect that though I think he was Schopenhauer's disciple rather than the other way around. I agree completely with Nietzsche when he said:
The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently.-- Friedrich Nietzsche

I have always leaned towards this great philosopher...

There are three kinds of men.
The one that learns by reading.
The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
- Will Rogers

Good afternoon Foxy. Good afternoon to everybody else too. My Dad was somewhat of a philosopher. He used To say if you were having a bad day just relax. Tomorrow is on the way.

This is "Waffles", the fur friend of a friend of ours. She is fascinated by critters on TV and, for whatever reason, is especially attentive when it is horses. Yesterday she was watching the Derby with interest, occasionally checking the screen more closely and going behind the TV to look for the horses. She was barking excitedly the entire time the horses were running. :)

18222020_1557561654255904_1034221797221405215_n.jpg

Last edited:
I just got back after being out for the weekend. We have a pool again, my employer and her bfriend put it up while I was gone and the little one was at her dad's. They are filling it with water now and still have to hook up the new sand pump.

I checked my grades after I got in, and I got my A&P final grade: 96. I also, for reasons I do not actually know, had my second exam grade bumped up. So I have ended up with a 97 for the class. And no more classes until the 22nd, when the summer semester begins. I have a couple of weeks to watch shows and play games. :p

I just got back after being out for the weekend. We have a pool again, my employer and her bfriend put it up while I was gone and the little one was at her dad's. They are filling it with water now and still have to hook up the new sand pump.

I checked my grades after I got in, and I got my A&P final grade: 96. I also, for reasons I do not actually know, had my second exam grade bumped up. So I have ended up with a 97 for the class. And no more classes until the 22nd, when the summer semester begins. I have a couple of weeks to watch shows and play games. :p

Hooray and well done!! And see ? All that fretting and worry was for naught. I trust that you won't engage in that again. (She says who doesn't take her own advice all that well much of the time.)

Forum List

Back