USMB Coffee Shop IV

I just got back after being out for the weekend. We have a pool again, my employer and her bfriend put it up while I was gone and the little one was at her dad's. They are filling it with water now and still have to hook up the new sand pump.

I checked my grades after I got in, and I got my A&P final grade: 96. I also, for reasons I do not actually know, had my second exam grade bumped up. So I have ended up with a 97 for the class. And no more classes until the 22nd, when the summer semester begins. I have a couple of weeks to watch shows and play games. :p

Hooray and well done!! And see ? All that fretting and worry was for naught. I trust that you won't engage in that again. (She says who doesn't take her own advice all that well much of the time.)

No, I'll do it every semester I'm sure. :p

Good afternoon Foxy. Good afternoon to everybody else too. My Dad was somewhat of a philosopher. He used To say if you were having a bad day just relax. Tomorrow is on the way.

Your dad was very wise. A good day should not make us too complacent because there will be more bad days down the road. But the bad days don't last forever, and once they have passed we usually forget how bad they were.

I just got back after being out for the weekend. We have a pool again, my employer and her bfriend put it up while I was gone and the little one was at her dad's. They are filling it with water now and still have to hook up the new sand pump.

I checked my grades after I got in, and I got my A&P final grade: 96. I also, for reasons I do not actually know, had my second exam grade bumped up. So I have ended up with a 97 for the class. And no more classes until the 22nd, when the summer semester begins. I have a couple of weeks to watch shows and play games. :p

Hooray and well done!! And see ? All that fretting and worry was for naught. I trust that you won't engage in that again. (She says who doesn't take her own advice all that well much of the time.)

No, I'll do it every semester I'm sure. :p

Just like I would. :)

Well, its back to flip flops and a tank top today. About 75 so far.

Off to visit a new friend with another new friend. This is the gal with the pit bull that wanted us to move in but we declined. I hope she has it locked up. I won't get out of the car if she hasn't so it might be a very short visit, lol.

This is "Waffles", the fur friend of a friend of ours. She is fascinated by critters on TV and, for whatever reason, is especially attentive when it is horses. Yesterday she was watching the Derby with interest, occasionally checking the screen more closely and going behind the TV to look for the horses. She was barking excitedly the entire time the horses were running. :)

18222020_1557561654255904_1034221797221405215_n.jpg
My cat does that when birds are on the air.

This is "Waffles", the fur friend of a friend of ours. She is fascinated by critters on TV and, for whatever reason, is especially attentive when it is horses. Yesterday she was watching the Derby with interest, occasionally checking the screen more closely and going behind the TV to look for the horses. She was barking excitedly the entire time the horses were running. :)

Come to think of it, so did our cats. Were very interested when there were birds flittering around on the screen.

Our last dog, RIP, sometimes watched stuff on TV. There was one science program about the California elephant seals. I don't know what it was but when the bulls were making their thumping kind of sounds, suddenly I found a 40-lb dog on my lap. He didn't like that at all. :)

They're a lot louder than this video suggests:

Come to think of it, so did our cats. Were very interested when there were birds flittering around on the screen.

Our last dog, RIP, sometimes watched stuff on TV. There was one science program about the California elephant seals. I don't know what it was but when the bulls were making their thumping kind of sounds, suddenly I found a 40-lb dog on my lap. He didn't like that at all. :)

Foxy I'm picturing Hombre and your dog something like this........:D

giphy.gif

Good afternoon Foxy. Good afternoon to everybody else too. My Dad was somewhat of a philosopher. He used To say if you were having a bad day just relax. Tomorrow is on the way.

Your dad was very wise. A good day should not make us too complacent because there will be more bad days down the road. But the bad days don't last forever, and once they have passed we usually forget how bad they were.

Lookout, tomorrow is Monday!!!

Good morning BBD and most of you, good afternoon Dajjal, and good evening esthermoon. Another beautiful spring day on store in Albuquerque. We'll probably get up to 80f today.

That's what I suspected the foxes were doing in your photo Dajjal--a mating ritual of some sort. And wow esthermoon, I commend you for tackling Nietzsche and Dajjal. Not easy reading at all. I had to read him way back when and, while I cannot agree with much of his philosophy, he does make a person think.

A favorite quotation:

We should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh.-- Friedrich Nietzsche​
Hi Foxfyre! Good morning to you! :bye1:
I really like Nietzsche's philosophy (but to be honest I like more Arthur Schopenhauer's philosophy, one of his disciples) :)
Wasn't Nietzsche the one who said life is like rolling the boulder up the hill, only to have it roll back down on you just before the pinnacle?

Nietzsche was my favorite character in this episode. lol

That was freakin' hilarious!

I had a few cats that would sit and make chattering sounds or even just quietly move their mouths when watching birds flying around outside. Kind of like this.

Foxy I'm picturing Hombre and your dog something like this........:D

giphy.gif

LOL, the dog was half Lhasa and half Keeshound but otherwise not too far off. :)

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Hombre for wellness.
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, Ernie S. and all others we hope will return.

The spring flowers survived our late freeze and it is beautiful. I pray that we all will survive our own winters as well and more beautiful days are ahead.
9248b4258e650bcb929eb91ec144ffc0.jpg

Saga report.......
Saturday we went back up to Albuquerque to try and get a house (rental) then drove home. the previous Wednesday morning I woke up, stepped down getting out of bed and had serious ankle/heel pain, it eased up as the day progressed but hurt every time I walked on it. By Friday it was bad enough I went to Beaumont ER, no swelling or redness, they took x-rays but nothing found and they gave me codeine and a referral to a podiatrist. Sunday we went up to Alamogordo but my foot/heel was hurting so bad we came back home immediately and by 6PM my foot/heel was so painful that even two codeine pills had no effect and even moving the foot was severely painful so at 7PM we were back in the ER........ discussion as to the possible causes, (there was swelling this time) a few hours later they did labwork and hit me with an antibiotic and dilaudid, a couple hours later the suspected diagnosis was confirmed........gout..........
I never would have guessed gout was that excruciatingly painful.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Hombre for wellness.
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, Ernie S. and all others we hope will return.

The spring flowers survived our late freeze and it is beautiful. I pray that we all will survive our own winters as well and more beautiful days are ahead.
9248b4258e650bcb929eb91ec144ffc0.jpg
Just wondering if these are peyote buttons ?!

Saga report.......
Saturday we went back up to Albuquerque to try and get a house (rental) then drove home. the previous Wednesday morning I woke up, stepped down getting out of bed and had serious ankle/heel pain, it eased up as the day progressed but hurt every time I walked on it. By Friday it was bad enough I went to Beaumont ER, no swelling or redness, they took x-rays but nothing found and they gave me codeine and a referral to a podiatrist. Sunday we went up to Alamogordo but my foot/heel was hurting so bad we came back home immediately and by 6PM my foot/heel was so painful that even two codeine pills had no effect and even moving the foot was severely painful so at 7PM we were back in the ER........ discussion as to the possible causes, (there was swelling this time) a few hours later they did labwork and hit me with an antibiotic and dilaudid, a couple hours later the suspected diagnosis was confirmed........gout..........
I never would have guessed gout was that excruciatingly painful.
Gout comes from too much meat, too much salt, too much coffee, too much alcohol, and not enough vegetables.

You should minimize your salt asap. Get your salt down to the minimum levels of 1/8th teaspoon per day max. If you start to have muscle cramps then increase the salt in small increments. Sea salt with iodine is better than regular table salt.

You should reduce your coffee and alcohol intake.

Vitamin C helps too.

This attack probably struck you for the first time now that you are in middle age.

Happens to pretty much everybody.

Gout diet: What's allowed, what's not - Mayo Clinic

I thought gout came from too much seafood.

Forum List

Back