USMB Coffee Shop IV

I have been very busy lately.
Just got done getting a new tiled roof and rain gutters.
Hubbie has his good days and slow days.
I think the waiting is getting to him, his sonogram is at the end of this month, then 2 more weeks we see the heart doctor to know what they will do or not do. That's 6 more long weeks of him having to wear the life vest. He says it's very uncomfortable. I bet it is, he says he now knows why so many women hate bras. :)

Don't forget to make some time for you to relax too! :)

Thank you.
My sanctuary is books. :smile:

I so empathize with Mr. Peach. Friend Dana has now been dealing with a heart pump and lugging the very heavy battery that powers it everywhere she goes for most of a year now. She is still awaiting that heart transplant.

But happy you checked in. I was afraid something worse had happened.

Thank you g/f.
We are still both about the same. I'm just really busy right now :)

I'm putting Hombre back on the list tonight. We spent a good part of the morning in urgent care with a sort of diagnosis as acute bronchitis. They don't know if it is viral or bacterial so we're treating it as a virus for a couple of days and if he isn't better then we start using an antibiotic. He's pretty miserable.

Otherwise all is well.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Hombre for wellness.
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, peach174 , Ernie S. and all others we hope will return.

Pink-flowers-at-sunset-1920x1440.jpg
Hope the meds work for him soon. Bronchitis is miserable!

A lovely, mild spring day here. I'm getting some things done, finally. Tomorrow is the last final exam for the semester. Then all I have to do is finish grading and post my grades to record.
I'll have a very busy summer. Between clearing this place up and moving everything to Willow, I'll still be working full-time. Thank goodness for 4/10 shifts. Too bad my partner screwed me by going back to work. He was supposed to get settled in Willow and take care of the goats while I cleared up here. Then, I was supposed to stay in the Anchorage place during the work week and go to Willow on weekends. That would have saved me a 2 1/2 hour commute (one way) to get to work. I've suggested that we alternate week-on, week-off so that we can both share the joy of that commute. Someone will have to be in residence at Willow because the animals will be there full time. I'll start laying out a plan and timetable so that I assure that everything will be in place by the time the snow flies again this year.
I so wish we had met 10/15 years ago. We would be a big help for you. Alas...we can't do what we used to be able to do and the past 7 months have done a major number on us. :(
Whoo-boi, do I know about that can't do what I used to could. I'm so pleased to have gotten that backhoe last year because without it, things would be pretty...undeveloped up here.
I picked up some 12' wide Geotex underlayment fabric today. I have used underlayment in gardens before and somehow I had a picture in my head of some rolls of fabric about 3'-4' wide. Holy cow! They brought out this 12' behemoth and I immediately had to come up with plan 'B' to load it onto my truck. Fortunately, I have three 55 gal drums loaded already. I was able to make a nice place to rest the fabric roll by banding the drums together. Otherwise, the weight of that fabric resting on my truck cab would definitely leave a mark. It took three of us to load it onto the truck. Now, I'll have to figure out how to unload it in Willow, and later, how to unroll what I need for my projects.
I went out for "bed check" two nights ago and noticed my last pregnant doe was missing. I found her in a stall with two tiny bundles, already clean and dry. I moved them into the maternity ward. I've been worried that the little girl has not been nursing, but after two days, she's still lively, so I guess she's getting something to eat. The mom is very patient and attached to her kids, so I'm hoping she doesn't lose on of these babies. I let them out into the sunshine earlier and will secure them in the stall again before I go to bed. Momma gets a little extra food and fresh water all for herself for the first week after kidding. And closing them in together gets a little bonding time before they dive full-time into the hurley-burley of the herd.

Good morning everyone ...another hot day, 97 and tomorrow will be 100 but I think we will go back to a little cooler, this is abnormal even for Fresno.
I'd be dead by now!:eek-52:

We are in that deadly spring time where people have died, because it gets up to 100 and then drops to the low 40's at night.
The desert extremes can be brutal.

Our highs and ows aren't so extreme but I know what you mean. But I love it. Lovely warm days in high 70's or low to mid 80's but it drops into the 50's at night that makes for great sleeping.

Good morning everyone ...another hot day, 97 and tomorrow will be 100 but I think we will go back to a little cooler, this is abnormal even for Fresno.

We are in that deadly spring time where people have died, because it gets up to 100 and then drops to the low 40's at night.

Our highs and ows aren't so extreme but I know what you mean. But I love it. Lovely warm days in high 70's or low to mid 80's but it drops into the 50's at night that makes for great sleeping.

For the last 2 days it's been 100 then down to 41 at night, with high winds.

And...today I am back to wearing my coat. So yeah..here too.

What climate change? Its all hogwash, right? :cranky:

I could handle the mid 50s at night. Sometimes we have the AC on for weeks here, it's so hot and humid.

I could handle the mid 50s at night. Sometimes we have the AC on for weeks here, it's so hot and humid.

It was that way in Kansas in the summertime too. 80 degrees and 90% humidity at midnight is pretty miserable.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Freedombecki,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Etherion and his grandma,
Kat's sister,
Gallant Warrior's chilly goats,
The Ringel's Gizmo and wellness for Ringel,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Sherry's mom and her life saving medical treatment.
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary in what is probably Sachendra's last days.
Mrs. Saveliberty with her knee surgery.
The Gracies just because,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Ernie!!!
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Hombre for wellness.
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, Ernie S. and all others we hope will return.

If the world was to your liking today, may it continue. If the world was not to your liking today, may tomorrow be brighter.

Spring-Flowers-hd-wallpapers.jpg

I have been trying to read Nietzsche's 'Thus spoke Zarathustra ' but I find it incomprehensible. Its rated as a great work, so maybe I have not got to the good bits yet.

Forum List

Back