USMB Coffee Shop IV

I've had a bad couple of days. Wednesday, my stomach and my back hurt, so I rested up on the couch, thinking I strained some muscles due to painting. But by evening, I threw up and the pain was getting worse. Having a history of hernias, I know the symptoms for a strangulated one. Both kids took me to the ER, where I threw up a few more times and the pain got steadily worse. Regardless, I waited about two hours. Now, I have to mention, I am not a complainer about pain. If I say it hurts, it's bad. I think I was scaring my kids because they don't ever see me like this.

Anyway, I've been admitted for a bowel blockage. I haven't had anything by mouth since Wednesday afternoon, and I have a tube up my nose and down to my stomach. But today is looking up; I can order from the clear liquids menu. I never though I'd be so happy to look forward to a ginger ale!

That sounds serious. I hope you are feeling better.

Apparently, I will be able to avoid surgery. That's something.

Avoiding surgery is probably the best thing, but are you going to have to have the hernia repaired?

Yes, but they'd rather do it as a scheduled surgery than an emergency.

Hope ChrisL and Gracie are okay. Neither have posted anywhere for a couple of weeks. And I miss esthermoon and Dalia checking in now and then too. And Ringel05 has been MIA for a few days now so hope he is okay.

Hi sweetie! I'm stopping by to say hello. :) Hope you and your family are doing well. How is your friend with cancer doing? How is the little pup that you're taking care of?

Oh just saw this Chris and thanks for asking. Dana is doing great - about seven weeks out from surgery now with no signs of rejection. It looks good that she will be able to be home maybe before Thanksgiving but certainly before Christmas. And her Carly, the mini doxie is doing great with us. Its funny though. We love Carly dearly but it isn't like having our own dog. Emotionally we know its temporary and that's just really okay.

Nice to hear she is doing so well. :) Has Dana gotten to see Carly yet?

We took a 'glamour shot' of Carly, framed it, and sent it to her for Dana's birthday in may. :) Dana is recovering in Salt Lake City and we and Carly are in Albuquerque where Dana also lives. That's a hard 11 to 12 hour drive over some very bad roads. So the logistics of physically taking Carly to see Dana are just too overwhelming to overcome.

I've had a bad couple of days. Wednesday, my stomach and my back hurt, so I rested up on the couch, thinking I strained some muscles due to painting. But by evening, I threw up and the pain was getting worse. Having a history of hernias, I know the symptoms for a strangulated one. Both kids took me to the ER, where I threw up a few more times and the pain got steadily worse. Regardless, I waited about two hours. Now, I have to mention, I am not a complainer about pain. If I say it hurts, it's bad. I think I was scaring my kids because they don't ever see me like this.

Anyway, I've been admitted for a bowel blockage. I haven't had anything by mouth since Wednesday afternoon, and I have a tube up my nose and down to my stomach. But today is looking up; I can order from the clear liquids menu. I never though I'd be so happy to look forward to a ginger ale!

So back on the list you go. But yes, a bowel blockage is of course serious, but these days is treated as you describe with no invasive procedures. I know what you mean though. After my surgery, I was not allowed anything by mouth for several days. When I finally was allowed ice chips and a cup of broth it was pure heaven--lobster, filet mignon, creme brule, the finest caviar could not have tasted more heavenly. :)

Last edited:

Dang rice! Hope everything will be ok!
:smiliehug:

It's all about gas. Now, as a lady, I don't do that, but the doctors and nurses insist that I have to!
Have the kids smuggle in some curry powder. Put a spoonful in your broth. At least, it always does the trick for me.

Maybe i can get my wife to make her some of her red beans and rice and send to her? Lol...

Hey TNHarley, you haven't been here in a loooooong time, but you are on our register so you must have been here in the past. Welcome back. :)

It's all about gas. Now, as a lady, I don't do that, but the doctors and nurses insist that I have to!
Have the kids smuggle in some curry powder. Put a spoonful in your broth. At least, it always does the trick for me.

Maybe i can get my wife to make her some of her red beans and rice and send to her? Lol...

Hey TNHarley, you haven't been here in a loooooong time, but you are on our register so you must have been here in the past. Welcome back. :)
I posted in here a while back. I left for a while. When i came back, i never did post in here. I should though. Its nice in here! Thanks!

I posted in here a while back. I left for a while. When i came back, i never did post in here. I should though. Its nice in here! Thanks!

And were funny too! :biggrin:

Tube's out!

I feel like a normal human being again! I'm not connected to the IV pole! Now I just need to poop!

(Which of course I never do, but they insist)

Oh my God! :eek-52:

We had a very heavy windy monsoon rain last night and we had flooding in all of our yards like every year, not out of the ordinary.

I went into the garage to do some laundry in the utility room and the drywall ceiling has collapsed.

Hubbie has enough to deal with right now and he hasn't gone into the garage since his heart attack.
I don't know if I should tell him now or wait till he gets better after his surgery.
I think I'll wait it's a mess behind the garage door.
I really don't known why the dry wall should fall like that.
We have no infestations of any kind like termites. It's all dry so it didn't get wet.:dunno:

Should I tell him now or wait?

We had a very heavy windy monsoon rain last night and we had flooding in all of our yards like every year, not out of the ordinary.

I went into the garage to do some laundry in the utility room and the drywall ceiling has collapsed.

Hubbie has enough to deal with right now and he hasn't gone into the garage since his heart attack.
I don't know if I should tell him now or wait till he gets better after his surgery.
We have no infestations of any kind like termites. It's all dry so it didn't get wet.:dunno:

If you can work around it, and there's a good chance he won't see it, maybe you could wait.

If you can work around it, and there's a good chance he won't see it, maybe you could wait.

Thank you for your help.
The thing of it is, that is where I sit to read my books or nook in a chair, sort of my little (was) safe place to not be interrupted and quite time.
If it had happened while I was sitting there I could have gotten seriously hurt or killed!
Who knows . :eek-52:
Scary

Joe Cocker is not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Now, how can that be?

He almost certainly will be. I know he was nominated last year and probably will be again this year. Ringo Starr wasn't inducted until 2015 and Cocker is/was younger than him.

I can't think of a single Joe Cocker song, although I know the name. :p

Of course, I probably don't know a lot of the artists in the R&R HOF. ;)

Here's one I bet you know:

And another pretty famous one.

Yep. :) Some many songs that he made popular, even iconic, were later recorded by other artists. "You Are So Beautiful" for instance is associated by most younger people with Ray Charles' version who did it almost identical to Cocker's version.

Thank you for your help.
The thing of it is, that is where I sit to read my books or nook in a chair, sort of my little (was) safe place to not be interrupted and quite time.
If it had happened while I was sitting there I could have gotten seriously hurt or killed!
Scary

Yes, if you don't need to repair it right away, might be better to wait. We had something similar recently--a chunk of drywall just fell out of our great room wall near the front door. We think at some time it might have gotten wet but it was bone dry when it come loose. Not a large area but that part of the wall had discolored like it had been smoked or something like that and we wonder if the rest of it is now fragile.

Thank you for your help.
Scary

That is scary. Thank goodness you weren't hurt!

Thank you for your help.
Scary

Yes, if you don't need to repair it right away, might be better to wait. We had something similar recently--a chunk of drywall just fell out of our great room wall near the front door. We think at some time it might have gotten wet but it was bone dry when it come loose. Not a large area but that part of the wall had discolored like it had been smoked or something like that and we wonder if the rest of it is now fragile.

This wasn't a chunk, this was three whole panels.
I think the wind rattled the garage door so hard, that the panels between the garage door steel ceiling frame collapsed.

yoga-vodka-funny-image.jpg

I'm signing off early tonight folks as I probably won't be back on tonight. Sure hope Hossfly got through his surgery in good shape and that they can control the pain in these first day. And still holding Sherry and family in our thoughts and wellness for ricechickie.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Ernie!!!
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Kat & Mr. Kat in transition,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana!!!! (Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant.)
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Sherry and daughter and family,
Hossfly's knee surgery,
ricechickie for wellness,
And for our job hunters.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, SFC Ollie, AgainSheila, gracie, and all others we hope will return.

I don't know where this is, but I think I could sleep really well there tonight.
8975f267ff84eb975358e10c841bdfcd.jpg

Looks like I'll be going home today! I am super hydrated, my digestive system is chugging along, whatever was kinked up in my small intestine is unkinked. I have been tolerating the clear liquid diet and can move on to solid food, which honestly, still doesn't appeal all that much.

Forum List

Back