USMB Coffee Shop IV

My Grizzly Bear woke up like this, because he didn't get a call from Docs office within the 4 hrs the recording had promised yesterday.
I feel sorry for who ever the poor Waitress is this morning. :)

He got up ,got dressed early this morning growling that he's going to town, get breakfast ,then he's going to the Benson Hospital to get some answers.
Very determined
Then he was going to the Eagles Club. :biggrin:

That's the way to handle it. Old guys don't take no crap.

Thing of it is he's always been like that.
Hence the nick name my big ole grizzly bear :)
He's always been a take charge kind of guy who doesn't take any crap.
I love it.

Last night he was grumbling that he now weights the same as he did when he was 18 in the Navy, at 200 lbs. but his waist back then was 38.
His waist is fourty inches right now.
I told him he isn't 18 , growling, growling, and several huffs and puffs. :)

He just got home and said he talked to the Doc's assistants.
The surgery is with another doc, they think maybe he hasn't been notified yet.
They said they'll look into it and call us. :cranky:
RIGHT!! :Boom2:
:lmao:

Good! I just got a call from my surgeon's nurse and I have to be at the hospital at 0630 tomorrow all cleaned up, diapers changed and ready for the operation at 0930.

Good! I just got a call from my surgeon's nurse and I have to be at the hospital at 0630 tomorrow all cleaned up, diapers changed and ready for the operation at 0930.

Best of luck to you. I hope it all goes well.

So, nobody has heard from Gracie? I hope everything is okay with her. If anyone does or has heard anything from her, make sure to let us all know. I think she was on another forum that I post at a week or so ago. I did get a couple of "likes" from her there just recently. It could have been a month or two months ago though, for all I know. I would have to go back and find them and check the dates, but if I hear anything, I will let you all know.

It'll be great once it's all over and fixed up. :)

Joe Cocker is not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Now, how can that be?

He almost certainly will be. I know he was nominated last year and probably will be again this year. Ringo Starr wasn't inducted until 2015 and Cocker is/was younger than him.

I can't think of a single Joe Cocker song, although I know the name. :p

Of course, I probably don't know a lot of the artists in the R&R HOF. ;)

Here's one I bet you know:

And another pretty famous one.

Yep. :) Some many songs that he made popular, even iconic, were later recorded by other artists. "You Are So Beautiful" for instance is associated by most younger people with Ray Charles' version who did it almost identical to Cocker's version.

Grrrr. I hate that for you Peach. But hopefully you won't have to go another weekend without knowing.

So, nobody has heard from Gracie? I hope everything is okay with her. If anyone does or has heard anything from her, make sure to let us all know. I think she was on another forum that I post at a week or so ago. I did get a couple of "likes" from her there just recently. It could have been a month or two months ago though, for all I know. I would have to go back and find them and check the dates, but if I hear anything, I will let you all know.

Would appreciate that Chris. That apartment promised to them near their old place should be available by now. But she has been MIA for more than a week I know so sure would like to know what's happening.

Joe Cocker is not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Now, how can that be?

He almost certainly will be. I know he was nominated last year and probably will be again this year. Ringo Starr wasn't inducted until 2015 and Cocker is/was younger than him.

Yep. :) Some many songs that he made popular, even iconic, were later recorded by other artists. "You Are So Beautiful" for instance is associated by most younger people with Ray Charles' version who did it almost identical to Cocker's version.

I wonder if it ever annoyed Cocker that he was so well known for his versions of other people's music?

Gracie, Gracie, Gracie. There that should fix it any minute now...
th

This has been a day of extreme happiness and sadness. After completion of radiation and 3 rounds of chemo, the doctor informed us that my Mom is in remission. All they see is scar tissue in the upper right lobe, and it is gone from the lymph node. He recommends that she still complete the 4th round of chemo, and she has a brain MRI at the end of August as a precaution to check that it did not spread. That was the best news we could have hoped to hear. My daughter had her 12 week check up, and they could not find the baby's heartbeat. After some further procedures, they discovered that the baby had passed. As I held my sobbing daughter, my heart hurt deeply for her. She wants to be a Mom so much, and I believe she will when the time is right. I am thankful for my faith in moments like this.

I wonder if it ever annoyed Cocker that he was so well known for his versions of other people's music?

It's true Joe Cocker did a lot of cover versions. But xhis talents as a singer and arranger and, freakishly his performance were incredible.

Given most of his contemporaries were singer/songwriter artists, shouldn't recognition for performance be the right thing to do?

And covers were a popular thing to do. From Peter, Pail and Mary covering Blowin' in the Wind to the Red Hot Chili Peppers covering The Stooges I wanna be your dog, covers are what rock and roll is all about. No garage band starts our with all original material. They hone there craft playing covers. That way some money and name recognition is coming in.

It's true Joe Cocker did a lot of cover versions. But xhis talents as a singer and arranger and, freakishly his performance were incredible.

Given most of his contemporaries were singer/songwriter artists, shouldn't recognition for performance be the right thing to do?

And covers were a popular thing to do. From Peter, Pail and Mary covering Blowin' in the Wind to the Red Hot Chili Peppers covering The Stooges I wanna be your dog, covers are what rock and roll is all about. No garage band starts our with all original material. They hone there craft playing covers. That way some money and name recognition is coming in.

You're missing my point. It's not that I think Cocker shouldn't have done covers, but if I were famous for doing other people's songs more than for my own work, I'd be unhappy about it. That makes me wonder, since it seems to me he may have been better known for his covers than his original music, if he felt similarly.

Forum List

Back