USMB Coffee Shop IV

The other day the Albuquerque news reported that Holloman AFB has or will have openings for around 600 jobs...... We omitted Alamogordo from consideration because there were no jobs even though we love the area. Such is life....... :dunno:
I'd love to have an AF base near me, and get a job there.

Besides the Naval Air Station here in Ft Worth, we have Lockheed-Martin. Lockheed had a job fair last week and had 2200 job openings mainly for aircraft assembly jobs up to aeronautical engineers. They didn't get enough applicants that qualified so they are having another job fair sometime in August. Come on down!
Well, I have a wonderful home here in WI that I really love, and the hills and valleys of the SW Wisconsin River Valley where I'm at would be hard to leave, it's quite beautiful here. Like I say, I wish there was an AF base near me "here." But I'm wishing. I don't need a job. I'm a 100% service connected disable veteran so I can't work full time anyway. I can only make so much money a month, something like a little over a grand a month. It would just be fun to have some connection with the AF again. I loved my time in the service.

Last edited:
Joe Cocker is not in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Now, how can that be?

He almost certainly will be. I know he was nominated last year and probably will be again this year. Ringo Starr wasn't inducted until 2015 and Cocker is/was younger than him.

I can't think of a single Joe Cocker song, although I know the name. :p

Of course, I probably don't know a lot of the artists in the R&R HOF. ;)

The other day the Albuquerque news reported that Holloman AFB has or will have openings for around 600 jobs...... We omitted Alamogordo from consideration because there were no jobs even though we love the area. Such is life....... :dunno:

Besides the Naval Air Station here in Ft Worth, we have Lockheed-Martin. Lockheed had a job fair last week and had 2200 job openings mainly for aircraft assembly jobs up to aeronautical engineers. They didn't get enough applicants that qualified so they are having another job fair sometime in August. Come on down!
Well, I have a wonderful home here in WI that I really love, and the hills and valleys of the SW Wisconsin River Valley where I'm at would be hard to leave. Like I say, I wish there was an AF base near me "here." But I'm wishing. I don't need a job. I'm a 100% service connected disable veteran so I can't work full time anyway. I can only make so much money a month, something like a little over a grand a month. It would just be fun to have some connection with the AF again. I loved my time in the service.

Some people in our city don't like military airdrome because of it "too loud"... I do like it, because flying planes - it's a beautiful view... But I live not near a military airdrome, but near the manufacture landing pad. They launch planes not so frequently :)))

He almost certainly will be. I know he was nominated last year and probably will be again this year. Ringo Starr wasn't inducted until 2015 and Cocker is/was younger than him.

Here's one I bet you know:

Well, I have a wonderful home here in WI that I really love, and the hills and valleys of the SW Wisconsin River Valley where I'm at would be hard to leave, it's quite beautiful here. Like I say, I wish there was an AF base near me "here." But I'm wishing. I don't need a job. I'm a 100% service connected disable veteran so I can't work full time anyway. I can only make so much money a month, something like a little over a grand a month. It would just be fun to have some connection with the AF again. I loved my time in the service.
To draw a correlation that might be appropriate in your estimation, moving from where you are to Alamogordo would be like moving from the hills and forests of the Shire to Mordor......... :eusa_whistle:

Well, I have a wonderful home here in WI that I really love, and the hills and valleys of the SW Wisconsin River Valley where I'm at would be hard to leave. Like I say, I wish there was an AF base near me "here." But I'm wishing. I don't need a job. I'm a 100% service connected disable veteran so I can't work full time anyway. I can only make so much money a month, something like a little over a grand a month. It would just be fun to have some connection with the AF again. I loved my time in the service.

Some people in our city don't like military airdrome because of it "too loud"... I do like it, because flying planes - it's a beautiful view... But I live not near a military airdrome, but near the manufacture landing pad. They launch planes not so frequently :)))

I don't know if you got/get our American TV sitcom series "Cheers" there, but it has always been a favorite of mine. I recall one episode years ago when the barista, Carla, had bought a new home for her and her many children. And she got the notion that the place was haunted which was why it was so cheap that she could afford it. When she found out it was 'undesirable' because it was directly under the flight path of the nearby airport she was ecstatic. Didn't bother her at all. She was HOME!!!

And I could relate to that fully because I love it when the prevailing winds or a runway shutdown at the airport sends the planes over our house. And we are on a direct line from the mountains directly north of us so the fire fighting tankers fly over going back and forth from Kirtland AFB for fuel and reloading.

But Albuquerque is a fairly small international airport so there are not constant flights coming and going. I don't know that I would want the constant noise.

Peach and I saw this performance live in August of 1969. Damn! It's been 48 years.

We saw this one too! You MUST know Jefferson Airplane. I think I fell in love that day.

When I was working on the flight line I could sleep in the shade of a wing underneath a fighter jet with planes taking off and landing just 100' from me. You get used to the noise.

I don't know if you got/get our American TV sitcom series "Cheers" there, but it has always been a favorite of mine. I recall one episode years ago when the barista, Carla, had bought a new home for her and her many children. And she got the notion that the place was haunted which was why it was so cheap that she could afford it. When she found out it was 'undesirable' because it was directly under the flight path of the nearby airport she was ecstatic. Didn't bother her at all. She was HOME!!!

And I could relate to that fully because I love it when the prevailing winds or a runway shutdown at the airport sends the planes over our house. And we are on a direct line from the mountains directly north of us so the fire fighting tankers fly over going back and forth from Kirtland AFB for fuel and reloading.

But Albuquerque is a fairly small international airport so there are not constant flights coming and going. I don't know that I would want the constant noise.
Widefield CO, where my parents lived was under the landing/take off path for Peterson Field, C-130 Hercules was the primary traffic but on occasion a V-22 Osprey would come in for a landing and just above our house would put it's props in the upright position........... You couldn't hear yourself think........ :lol:

Back in the 60s my dad was stationed at Clinton Sherman AFB in Oklahoma, a SAC Bomber squadron. When those boys went on alert the B-52s would fire up and take off, our house was roughly five miles away from the airstrip and the house would shake.

Peach and I saw this performance live in August of 1969. Damn! It's been 48 years.

We saw this one too! You MUST know Jefferson Airplane. I think I fell in love that day.

Dang Ernie really!
Like I really needed to remember I was 16 ,48 years ago. :lmao:

It was wonderful and something I shall never forget.
Like the Beatles at Red Rocks in 1964 when I was 13. :)

Back in the 60s my dad was stationed at Clinton Sherman AFB in Oklahoma, a SAC Bomber squadron. When those boys went on alert the B-52s would fire up and take off, our house was roughly five miles away from the airstrip and the house would shake.

We have a rumors, our military airdrome now is reconstructed to receive a Tu-95 and Tu-160, not only Su-35 and so on... If it's true - it would be a great butthurt for many "gentle souls", especially who made a "judicious solution" to buy land near a plane way, while it was not so loud... :)

Anyhow, the sound of airplane engines - is a sound of tech progress, and tech progress, I think, is unconditional value for all our civilization... Last decades we all are sitting at the ground like lazy rabbits, instead of flying in space, like Heinlein wrote :)

We have a rumors, our military airdrome now is reconstructed to receive a Tu-95 and Tu-160, not only Su-35 and so on... If it's true - it would be a great butthurt for many "gentle souls", especially who made a "judicious solution" to buy land near a plane way, while it was not so loud... :)
Happens here in the US also. The problem is, if it's a commercial airport, the new residents start bitching to their elected representatives about the noise and potential hazards and the airport sometimes has to change flight paths or move to a new location.

Happens here in the US also. The problem is, if it's a commercial airport, the new residents start bitching to their elected representatives about the noise and potential hazards and the airport sometimes has to change flight paths or move to a new location.

The same is here, but in this situation much of them bought a good land for cheap price without thinking of consequences and now crying about "evil government"... I think, people have to switch on their head periodically, or, at least, have to be responsible for own life... It's a legacy of USSR life - not to try make your own life by own hands, but whining and asking government to do something for you...

I think of The Beatles when I think of Get By With a Little Help from my Friends, but I know I've heard the Cocker version before, now that I listen to it. I've heard that White Rabbit before, as well, but wouldn't have known it was Jefferson Airplane. Somebody to Love is probably the song I know best from them.

Other than The Doors, and a few songs here and there from other bands, I don't listen to music from the 60s. I don't dislike it necessarily, there just aren't that many songs from that period that I want to listen to regularly.

Dang Ernie really!
Like I really needed to remember I was 16 ,48 years ago. :lmao:

It was wonderful and something I shall never forget.
Like the Beatles at Red Rocks in 1964 when I was 13. :)

I didn't exist 48 years ago. :D

Hope ChrisL and Gracie are okay. Neither have posted anywhere for a couple of weeks. And I miss esthermoon and Dalia checking in now and then too. And Ringel05 has been MIA for a few days now so hope he is okay.
Thanks Foxfire, i think that esthermoon did not come to the forum for a long time now?
I will tell a story that happens to me at this moment that seems banale.
But that is unique, that for a week every day a bird comes on an electric cord in front of my window and always in the same place and around the same time (11.20 am) French time, it looks at me and it sings, I Speaks to him and it's as if he understood me, it looks crazy, but there is a connection between us.
Never had such a unique story of my life. And it touches me, me who loves animals so much

Forum List

Back