USMB Coffee Shop IV

Replaced the old, failed LED lighting in the gazebo. This one is remote controlled with strobe and pulse options with speed and brightness control. It involved some climbing which the knee handled well.
Other than some residual swelling when I'm upright during the day and the much improved neuropathy, I'm nearly back. The flexibility is somewhat lacking, but improving with the addition of a stationary bicycle to my daily therapy.

View attachment 140309

I wish you wouldn't keep bringing up your knee, Ernie S. I'm getting my knee replacement surgery on Friday and if you keep on talking about your knee I may just go AWOL.
Sorry, Hoss.:biggrin:

So... I have changed my day off from Thursday to Tuesday and had no plans to put on pants until about 1 PM when I had to leave for a tattoo appointment.
My cellphone rang at 7:40. My partner said, "Ernie, I had a brain fart. You have been opening up with Liz on Thursdays and Saturdays and I knew Liz was opening this morning, and last night, I assumed you would be there to open the door. I just realized today is Tuesday."
I said, "I got this, my friend. I'm 15 minutes closer."
He said, "Thanks, buddy. See you at noon."
I had had my own brain fart. I forgot about the employee meeting I had called.
So, it was 1 PM before I got out of there. An hour and a half to get nearly to the Mississippi line for my tattoo, three hours getting stuck by needles, then 75 miles to Pensacola to pick up my new recliner.
Nearly an hour drive back, tote the recliner inside and head for the bar to show off the new ink. (multiple requests from my fans) and home at 11:30. 16 hours on my day off?

Oddly enough the right kind of acid does counteract other acids though.

View attachment 140368
Do you remember that, Peach?

Very much so ,you're the one who took the stupid brown stuff. :)

Do you remember this?
For Yasgur's Farm

NaughtyThird

Your a part of me, I'm a part of you......
Guilty! The warning came about 1/2 hour late. The scary part is I remember that afternoon, but the night before you yanked me out of the mud is missing from the Grateful Dead until you found me
Yup Remember Mountain and Joe Cocker (pictured)

Do you remember the song , the tribute to Yasgur's farm when it was played?
I do :)

View attachment 140368

Do you remember this?
For Yasgur's Farm

NaughtyThird

Guilty! The warning came about 1/2 hour late. The scary part is I remember that afternoon, but the night before you yanked me out of the mud is missing from the Grateful Dead until you found me
So you was passed out and did not hear Mountains tribute song to Yasgur's farm Saturday night?
Are you saying you can't remember the 5 bands that played in between?

It was beautiful. :)

I'm just happy I found you and you survived that bad trip.
That stuff could have killed you all.

I was reading an article about bike shares for school kids, and it mentioned that in 2013, $914 was spent per student on transportation. OK, I can see that. It then goes on to say that a serviceable bike can be bought for half that amount. Wait, a "serviceable" bike for $457? When did bicycles get so expensive?

I was reading an article about bike shares for school kids, and it mentioned that in 2013, $914 was spent per student on transportation. OK, I can see that. It then goes on to say that a serviceable bike can be bought for half that amount. Wait, a "serviceable" bike for $457? When did bicycles get so expensive?

Sport bikes coast over a 1,00.00.
Spot Brand Bicycles
Drives up the price of reg. Bikes.
Most bikes for kids is in the 200.00 to 250.00 range.
It's ridiculous 457.00

Foxfyre , I really enjoy your good nights. I was touched that you thought of me with my shoulder, and I want you to know, it's much better. I seemed to have worked it out....for now.

If you'd like to still send good thoughts my way, I can always use it for general health and sanity. I wouldn't turn that down.

Well we'll take you off the 'issues' list for now, ricechickie. Glad you healed without necessary extra intervention. But the list reminds us of who needs special prayers from those who pray or just positive vibes/thoughts from those who don't.

So happy you've joined us in the Coffee Shop. :)

Hope ChrisL and Gracie are okay. Neither have posted anywhere for a couple of weeks. And I miss esthermoon and Dalia checking in now and then too. And Ringel05 has been MIA for a few days now so hope he is okay.
I'm here, just busy besides been blowing off a little steam on the adversarial parts of the board, happily pissing off people right and left......... :D

Well at least you know you were missed. :)
Part of the problem is I'm not sleeping well so I'm tired all the time and occasionally miserable, monsoon/sinus season. Not to mention getting acclimated to the higher monsoon humidity percentages up here that we only rarely saw in El Paso.

The other day the Albuquerque news reported that Holloman AFB has or will have openings for around 600 jobs...... We omitted Alamogordo from consideration because there were no jobs even though we love the area. Such is life....... :dunno:

Well, more rain headed our way, AGAIN. Been the wettest summer on record here in SW WI. My lawn is just PLUSH. Usually my big X720 JD would kick up dust in spots around the yard when I mowed, not now, it's all thick green grass. Problem is I like to work outside when it's the warm seasons, and I do have a lot to do yet outside, but rain, rain, rain. Makes it tough, and when it's not raining, it's so hot and humid you just sweat so bad, might as well stand in the shower. We need a break. We need to dry out some.

Heading to Montana to visit family end of next month, I certainly hope it's cooled off a little bit. July has been brutal.

The other day the Albuquerque news reported that Holloman AFB has or will have openings for around 600 jobs...... We omitted Alamogordo from consideration because there were no jobs even though we love the area. Such is life....... :dunno:
I'd love to have an AF base near me, and get a job there.

Hope ChrisL and Gracie are okay. Neither have posted anywhere for a couple of weeks. And I miss esthermoon and Dalia checking in now and then too. And Ringel05 has been MIA for a few days now so hope he is okay.
I'm here, just busy besides been blowing off a little steam on the adversarial parts of the board, happily pissing off people right and left......... :D

Part of the problem is I'm not sleeping well so I'm tired all the time and occasionally miserable, monsoon/sinus season. Not to mention getting acclimated to the higher monsoon humidity percentages up here that we only rarely saw in El Paso.

The monsoon weather doesn't bother me but the heat gets to me after awhile. I am definitely a more cool weather person. At least we probably won't have any more 100 degree weather - predicting a few low 90's and mostly mid to high 80's the rest of the way until the autumn cool sets in.

Last edited:
I'd love to have an AF base near me, and get a job there.

Besides the Naval Air Station here in Ft Worth, we have Lockheed-Martin. Lockheed had a job fair last week and had 2200 job openings mainly for aircraft assembly jobs up to aeronautical engineers. They didn't get enough applicants that qualified so they are having another job fair sometime in August. Come on down!

It's like that here too, anyone who has arthritis has aches and pains from the higher humidity right now.
Happens every year. :)

View attachment 140368

Do you remember this?
For Yasgur's Farm

NaughtyThird

Do you remember the song , the tribute to Yasgur's farm when it was played?
I do :)
I remember it vaguely and really loved it in the day. Hadn't heard it for years, though.

Forum List

Back