USMB Coffee Shop IV

Virginia's a pretty big Commonwealth so I'm thinking they were in Northern Virginia which is a couple of hours north of Charlottesville far from the trouble.

Yeah, but since my son wasn't driving, when I asked him where he was, he couldn't give me any better answer than "at the tournament."

I said, "what city?????" and he said, "uh, I don't know....".

And yes , I gave him a piece of my mind for being so clueless.
Tournament?

He's a gamer. Video games.

I don't get it, but he works and he is a good kid, so I can't judge his hobby.
They have big tournaments in both Fairfax and Alexandria, either one's about two hours northeast of Charlottesville. Charlottesville has a population of about 50 thousand, not huge not small, Northern Virginia is made up of The cities of Arlington, Alexandria, the counties of Fairfax, Prince William and Loudoun and Fairfax county alone has just over a million residents.

He was definitely in the northern part, and one of his friends mentioned Chantilly (I think).
Yup, Chantilly is in Fairfax county, western edge. The thing with most of Northern Virginia is when you drive from one city to the next there's little or no break in the subdivisions so unless you know exactly where you are you don't know you've entered another city. A friend of mine came down once from PA and commented that we couldn't put another house in with a shoehorn if we tried........ :lol:

OK... I'm a nice guy. I help people where I can to the point of putting myself in uncomfortable situations.
I LIKE being single with no one bitching and complaining at me and no one talking to me before I've had coffee.
I've done it again.
One of my bartenders, a woman I've known for 6 or 7 years and become like a dad to, has this mother... Terri has problems, she chooses the wrong people to hang out with, has had substance abuse problems, etc.
Well I bailed her out last Tuesday and she's been camped out on my sofa since. Today SHOULD be my day off and once I had gone to my partners' house to feed the animals, I had plans to work on a couple things here.
So I get up, make coffee and she TALKS TO ME!
She's in a nightgown and I've pulled on sweat pants (no shirt) She tells me she needs to go to a Dr,'s office in town while running her fingers through my hair...
She's not an unattractive woman, but I really can't get involved with her, but with her here, I have lost my solitude and actually, the opportunity to get "involved" with another woman I am interested in.
She just can't stay with her daughter. They fight constantly. I don't know what to do...

Right now we have a symphony of bird activity in the back yard, hummingbirds chasing each other (with about three young ones), two doves fighting, two bluebirds chasing each other, a woodpecker looking for bugs on the trees and a few swallows watching it all in amusement.........
The woodpecked perched on one of the hummingbird feeders which of course pissed off the hummingbirds who buzzed and hovered around him while he simply ignored their presence. :lol:

Right now we have a symphony of bird activity in the back yard, hummingbirds chasing each other (with about three young ones), two doves fighting, two bluebirds chasing each other, a woodpecker looking for bugs on the trees and a few swallows watching it all in amusement.........
The woodpecked perched on one of the hummingbird feeders which of course pissed off the hummingbirds who buzzed and hovered around him while he simply ignored their presence. :lol:

You are lucky. All I get is a family of magpies, and last year the foxes killed one of them.

You are lucky. All I get is a family of magpies, and last year the foxes killed one of them.
Down in El Paso it was mostly pigeons, doves and grackles though on occasion we would have quail in the side yard. Crackles want everyone for miles around to know they're there.......

My son went to Baltimore for a convention for his work, so it was an important purpose, but he is still young and dumb sometimes, and I can see how he could easily get himself into trouble. Lol.

:)) Small children - small problems... Big children - big problems...

OK... I'm a nice guy. I help people where I can to the point of putting myself in uncomfortable situations.
I LIKE being single with no one bitching and complaining at me and no one talking to me before I've had coffee.
I've done it again.
One of my bartenders, a woman I've known for 6 or 7 years and become like a dad to, has this mother... Terri has problems, she chooses the wrong people to hang out with, has had substance abuse problems, etc.
Well I bailed her out last Tuesday and she's been camped out on my sofa since. Today SHOULD be my day off and once I had gone to my partners' house to feed the animals, I had plans to work on a couple things here.
She's in a nightgown and I've pulled on sweat pants (no shirt) She tells me she needs to go to a Dr,'s office in town while running her fingers through my hair...
She's not an unattractive woman, but I really can't get involved with her, but with her here, I have lost my solitude and actually, the opportunity to get "involved" with another woman I am interested in.
She just can't stay with her daughter. They fight constantly. I don't know what to do...

If I don't know what to do, I'm usually thinking... There are no dependency of what I can think in result, but while I'm thinking, situation usually changing, and probably, to good side :)

Well, the turning of the year moves inexorably forward. The moon is waning, the nights are darker and longer, temps are falling lower every night.
But endings have a way of segueing into beginnings. The girls made it back to Okinawa in one piece. The flew over in a C17. They'll be settling in, getting ready for school, unpacking and claiming their pets at the pet-sitter's.
I look around and it's almost like they weren't even here. Life goes on and Wed night I'll return to work, re-assuming my own routine. I'm a little "down" right now because I really do miss my daughter and her daughters.
:smiliehug:

Big hug, GW. I know its just cyber, but I still send it anyway.

Speaking of weather..I think we are going to see an early fall here. August is supposed to be the hottest month but the leaves are falling all over the place and I rake every other day cuz it looks like a carpet of oak leaves. And, it only got to 80 today, and this morning it was 65!! Unheard of in this neck of the woods, the neighbors said. And, just 30 days ago it got dark at 9:10pm...now it gets dark at 8:30!

Thanks for the hugs, Gracie. Even cyber hugs cheer one up.
Except a few blown down by wind and rain, the leaves are still green and vibrant here. Temps are normal and increased rain always comes when it's Fair time. The biggest change I've noted is the butter yellow tone of the sunshine. It gets kind of mellow this time of year, certainly not super warm.
Something puzzling right now is the fact that my bucks have not gone into their annual rut cycle. Usually, they start "decorating" themselves around mid-July. Here it is, mid-August and there are four bucks out there, none of them seem interested in attracting ladies. It will be interesting to see when the does go into heat, since they usually start around now.
There's so much for me to get done here before I can move entirely up to Willow. Sometimes, it's overwhelming.

I've done it again.
You are in great danger, my friend. Unless you want an involvement, you've got to get her out...pronto! What to do? That's pretty tough if she has nowhere else to go, or claims not to have some place. Speaking from experience, mine and other friends', she's already pulled the saddle out of the barn and you are her next ride.
God luck.

1AIofJU.jpg

Hossfly is back in action. 4 days in hospital, 14 days in rehab. Home Health Care starts tomorrow for an unknown number of days then to an out-patient Sports Rehab Center. Thanks to everybody for the well wishes and messages. My knee is weak and tender but I'm a tough old bird.
sick0010.gif

Hossfly is back in action. 4 days in hospital, 14 days in rehab. Home Health Care starts tomorrow for an unknown number of days then to an out-patient Sports Rehab Center. Thanks to everybody for the well wishes and messages. My knee is weak and tender but I'm a tough old bird.
sick0010.gif

Oh so good to hear from you Hossfly. I've been thinking about you a lot, hoped you weren't seriously suffering. Sounds like you are getting good and appropriate care though.

I've done it again.

Yes, she can just stay with her daughter or find somewhere more appropriate to mooch off of. Nice guy or not, Ernie, don't put yourself in a position like that. You need to tell her time's up and it's time to go.

Good night darlinks, I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Ernie!!!
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Kat & Mr. Kat in transition,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana!!!! (Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant.)
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
Special prayers and/or positive thoughts for Mr. Peach and Peach143 in the coming days and wellness for them both.
Hossfly's knee surgery,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, SFC Ollie, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

Beauty in the storm
CI4Sd.jpg

Like I told em down in the FZ in the last month we been to Madrid twice and Cuba once........ :eusa_whistle:

Only folks who live in these parts would understand that too. :)
Stopped off at the Jemez Pueblo visitor Center off Rte 4 on the way back. The wife found a pair of Jasperite earings to go with her expensive Jasperite necklace, only $60, three times less than we've seen anywhere else. Not that we can really afford it but she's been looking for years.

sick0010.gif

Welcome to life, full of entertainments :)

I'm not a morning person either. I get up, stumble to the bathroom to pee, put on the coffee, pour a big cup, grab my cigs and cell phone so I can read the news and head outside, and NOBODY BETTER SAY A DAMN WORD TO ME. Yet..housemate is "good morning! How are you?"
Like, how the hell should I know?? I just woke up! Go away! HUSH! But..I mumble good morning and aim for the door as fast as I can hoping no more convo happens..which always does. :(

I'm not a morning person either. I get up, stumble to the bathroom to pee, put on the coffee, pour a big cup, grab my cigs and cell phone so I can read the news and head outside, and NOBODY BETTER SAY A DAMN WORD TO ME. Yet..housemate is "good morning! How are you?"
Like, how the hell should I know?? I just woke up! Go away! HUSH! But..I mumble good morning and aim for the door as fast as I can hoping no more convo happens..which always does. :(

I gave it a 'funny' for the irony of it Gracie, because so many of us are in the same boat. :)

Forum List

Back