USMB Coffee Shop IV

Proper french fries must be accompanied by a hot dog. Both must be covered with chili and cheddar cheese, with a side of sauerkraut for the hot dog. Yum!

There's a place in East Liverpool that's been feeding the masses that way as long as I can remember.
Coney Island chili dogs are the best I've ever had. They practically melt in your mouth ... :thup:

Good morning folks.....I'm up a tad early this morning. I'm going to a memorial for my best friend's brother-in-law who passed away last Wednesday morning from a heart attack. He was pretty young - 56, so it came as a real surprise. That's the second person that I know that has had a heart attack in the recent past and died from it. I didn't know him very well, in the 8 years that I've known my friend, I had only been around him maybe 7 or 8 times at my friend's parties and other such events. I haven't been able to get all the details because every time I talk to my friend, she starts crying and then I can't understand a word she is telling me. Maybe today I'll find out more. His wife is inconsolable, which is to be expected.

Sorry to hear about this, Mertex. Hopefully there will be some solace for the bereaved at the service to be surrounded by loved ones.

Now is when we Boomers have to face our own mortality. Making peace within ourselves and never forgetting to tell those closest to us that we love them on a daily basis because that is what is truly important in our lives.

IMG_2332.jpg

sometimes I almost hate to log onto face book. it was great reconnecting with lots of old friends, but its tough seeing them pass or fall into bad health.

Proper french fries must be accompanied by a hot dog. Both must be covered with chili and cheddar cheese, with a side of sauerkraut for the hot dog. Yum!

There's a place in East Liverpool that's been feeding the masses that way as long as I can remember.
Coney Island chili dogs are the best I've ever had. They practically melt in your mouth ... :thup:

here is something strange. I don't like spicy or seasoned food at all. I eat everything very plain. but when it comes to hotdogs, I like these german hotdogs with a bite and mustard with a bite.

Good morning folks.....I'm up a tad early this morning. I'm going to a memorial for my best friend's brother-in-law who passed away last Wednesday morning from a heart attack. He was pretty young - 56, so it came as a real surprise. That's the second person that I know that has had a heart attack in the recent past and died from it. I didn't know him very well, in the 8 years that I've known my friend, I had only been around him maybe 7 or 8 times at my friend's parties and other such events. I haven't been able to get all the details because every time I talk to my friend, she starts crying and then I can't understand a word she is telling me. Maybe today I'll find out more. His wife is inconsolable, which is to be expected.

Sorry to hear about this, Mertex. Hopefully there will be some solace for the bereaved at the service to be surrounded by loved ones.

Now is when we Boomers have to face our own mortality. Making peace within ourselves and never forgetting to tell those closest to us that we love them on a daily basis because that is what is truly important in our lives.

IMG_2332.jpg

sometimes I almost hate to log onto face book. it was great reconnecting with lots of old friends, but its tough seeing them pass or fall into bad health.

I know the feeling. We are reaching a new stage in our lives. For those of us who remain we must be strong for our loved ones until it is our turn.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ga_M5Zdn4&feature=kp"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4ga_M5Zdn4&feature=kp[/ame]

IMG_2332.jpg

I can only imagine how tough that would be. I am fortunate, as of this post, to have only lost one person who was in my heart, though her memory still resides there for no vacancy was created. :)

here is something strange. I don't like spicy or seasoned food at all. I eat everything very plain. but when it comes to hotdogs, I like these german hotdogs with a bite and mustard with a bite.

Hotdogs with mustard and onions were always a treat for me. Once in a while, I will have two....just for old times sake and because the flavor and texture are outstanding. :thup: I like them on hot buns, heated in a Teflon pan, and air pressed out of them. Flattened and toasted, looking. :thup:

Or Polish. I know what you're saying, it's the season for the heritage festivals here and the Polish one is going on now. I pass by there and get a taste for kielbasa and sauerkraut. I don't really care for garlic, onions or spicey foods but that stuff is so good.

Hotdogs with mustard and onions were always a treat for me. Once in a while, I will have two....just for old times sake and because the flavor and texture are outstanding. :thup: I like them on hot buns, heated in a Teflon pan, and air pressed out of them. Flattened and toasted, looking. :thup:
Mmmmm. I like mustard with almost everything. And hot sauce

Or Polish. I know what you're saying, it's the season for the heritage festivals here and the Polish one is going on now. I pass by there and get a taste for kielbasa and sauerkraut. I don't really care for garlic, onions or spicey foods but that stuff is so good.

Fantastic. I used to LOVE Polish, too. And what you mentioned above. I love spicy foods. :D

IMG_2332.jpg

I can only imagine how tough that would be. I am fortunate, as of this post, to have only lost one person who was in my heart, though her memory still resides there for no vacancy was created. :)

I lost 4 very good friends this year already. it's like a good chunk of my FB friends are memorial pages now.

Ok, for the science and math geeks out there, this is too good to pass up:

cow+burned+on+reentry.jpg

:D

When was the last time anyone saw a cow jump? Was it goosed? Who was mooned when the cow jumped? Was jumping the origin of milkshakes?

Just asking! :eusa_whistle:

And then there's "cow tipping". I just pay the bull; never had cow service good enough to warrant leaving a tip. :eusa_snooty:

Last edited:
Mayonnaise and delicious do not belong in the same sentence, unless it is to say that mayonnaise is definitely not delicious. :lol:

Who doesn't love deviled eggs?? Although I'd never use anything except Miracle Whip.:banana:

deviled-egg.jpg

You sound like Mr Mertex....I have to keep both Mayonnaise and Miracle Whip cause he prefers Miracle Whip to mayonnaise in everything that calls for mayonnaise. I like mayonnaise better, especially the new one by Kraft that is made with olive oil, it has a wonderful creamy taste. But I draw the line at mayonnaise on French fries.....ketchup, tabasco, maybe even vinegar, but no mayonnaise.:D

I have to admit, I'm mystified by this idea that mayonnaise and Miracle Whip are somehow not the same thing... :dunno:

:lol:

We took a hotel at the Newark Airport because my husband had an all day meeting yesterday and we thought instead of all the driving stay the night and then spend the day in Manhattan. Yay!

It ran over and he had to go back in today. Not yay. I'm spending my day in a hotel lobby :mad:

Catch the train into Manhattan and go down to the Village. No reason for you to have to be miserable and stuck in a hotel lobby all by yourself today.

The PATH will take you right there IIRC...

Have a hamentaschen for me.

Who doesn't love deviled eggs?? Although I'd never use anything except Miracle Whip.:banana:

deviled-egg.jpg

You sound like Mr Mertex....I have to keep both Mayonnaise and Miracle Whip cause he prefers Miracle Whip to mayonnaise in everything that calls for mayonnaise. I like mayonnaise better, especially the new one by Kraft that is made with olive oil, it has a wonderful creamy taste. But I draw the line at mayonnaise on French fries.....ketchup, tabasco, maybe even vinegar, but no mayonnaise.:D

I have to admit, I'm mystified by this idea that mayonnaise and Miracle Whip are somehow not the same thing... :dunno:

Mayonnaise, especially my fave, Best Foods, has a tangy flavor. It's called Hellmans, east of the Rockies, and Miracle Whip has a sweet and tangy flavor, or so it is advertised and so it tastes, to me. The only foods I like with anything compared to a sweet taste, in them are desserts or Sweet and Sour chicken. I do love that Chinese way of cooking some foods.

Mayonnaise, especially my fave, Best Foods, has a tangy flavor. It's called Hellmans, east of the Rockies, and Miracle Whip has a sweet and tangy flavor, or so it is advertised and so it tastes, to me. The only foods I like with anything compared to a sweet taste, in them are desserts or Sweet and Sour chicken. I do love that Chinese way of cooking some foods.

I've seen Hellman's all my life, and several other brands -- all taste the same to me including Miracle Whip :dunno:

I'm not one of those that hates mayo at all. It's essential on a turkey sandwich or burger. And of course tuna salad, but in that I cut way back on the mayo and substitute cottage cheese, plus shredded carrot. Comes out lighter and way less oily.

Sometimes all you can do is just be there for your friend. There's nothing to say. Nothing to do. But just being there does make a difference. Losing the young has always happened but we never get used to it and it always feels wrong.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back