USMB Coffee Shop IV

Le moutarde of course... what else?

Now there's a real condiment. Doesn't ruin tomatoes... no sugar.... nice bite... I git me a heapin' dollop o' mustard and then smother it in black pepper. Perfect. :thup:

Other than maybe vinegar, nothing goes on French Fries as good as Ketchup. Mustard is for the hotdog, or sausage.....nix on fries.:puke3:

Just try it once. You'll never go back. It's the way the French do it, and they should know.

Next time after that you see a bottle of ketchup you'll go, "what was I thinking?"

Mustard's got vinegar in it anyway. :p

Wiki:
French fries are served hot, either soft or crispy, and generally eaten as an accompaniment with lunch or dinner, or eaten as a snack, and they are a common fixture of fast food. French fries are generally salted and, in their simplest and most common form, are served with ketchup; in many countries, though, they are topped instead with other condiments or toppings, including vinegar, mayonnaise, or other local specialities.

I'll try it, but I can tell you right now, I'm not going to like it. I like mustard, but only on hot dogs, hamburgers, sausage and Soft Pretzels.

And the French wouldn't know...fries originated in Belgium....

Other than maybe vinegar, nothing goes on French Fries as good as Ketchup. Mustard is for the hotdog, or sausage.....nix on fries.:puke3:

Just try it once. You'll never go back. It's the way the French do it, and they should know.

Next time after that you see a bottle of ketchup you'll go, "what was I thinking?"

Mustard's got vinegar in it anyway. :p

Wiki:
French fries are served hot, either soft or crispy, and generally eaten as an accompaniment with lunch or dinner, or eaten as a snack, and they are a common fixture of fast food. French fries are generally salted and, in their simplest and most common form, are served with ketchup; in many countries, though, they are topped instead with other condiments or toppings, including vinegar, mayonnaise, or other local specialities.

I'll try it, but I can tell you right now, I'm not going to like it. I like mustard, but only on hot dogs, hamburgers, sausage and Soft Pretzels.

And the French wouldn't know...fries originated in Belgium....

Wiki needs some editin'. I lived in France and I'm tellin' ya from knowin'.

And yes they would know; pommes frites are more widely et than "le hot dog". And they're not about to admit to eating Belgian food anyways (Belgium is France's national ridicule country - every place has one. F'rinstance here in North Carolina, it's South Carolina.) But I'm tellin' ya, once you do it with mustard it dawns on you that you've been doing it wrong like, forever.

Good mustard, mind you -- not that French's or honey-polluted crapola. Something nice and dark that bites back.

First time I was in the charming city of Dijon I took notice of a street vendor selling mustards. He had seventy different varieties. Seventy. :eusa_dance:

You know when you go shopping for a few items and you come out with a dozen things you never intended to buy, and don't buy the very thing you went to the store for?

Yeah, that was me this afternoon. LOL.

You know when you go shopping for a few items and you come out with a dozen things you never intended to buy, and don't buy the very thing you went to the store for?

Hey Noomi.....

What condiment is generally used on French fries in Australia?

Hey Noomi.....

Salt, chicken salt, or tomato sauce. :)

Wasn't expecting that. Never heard of chicken salt.

Anyway, here's the plan. Starting tomorrow, everybody uses mustard. Pass it on. :thup:

Hey Noomi.....

Salt, chicken salt, or tomato sauce. :)

Wasn't expecting that. Never heard of chicken salt.

Anyway, here's the plan. Starting tomorrow, everybody uses mustard. Pass it on. :thup:

You don't have chicken salt? It tastes nothing like chicken, by the way. Its full of MSG, I assume, and is the same as salt, only tangier and it has a yellow color.

Proper french fries must be accompanied by a hot dog. Both must be covered with chili and cheddar cheese, with a side of sauerkraut for the hot dog. Yum!

There's a place in East Liverpool that's been feeding the masses that way as long as I can remember.

So. . .I come in to sign off and check to see if we got busted into the Flame Zone over a huge ketchup controversy???????? (Just teasing, but honestly ya'll....some things just have to go with ketchup.)

And I'm thinking chicken salt must be an Aussie thing because I've never seen it anywhere I've lived or on the Food Network.

But it's the wee hours of the morning and neither chicken salt or ketchup sounds good right now so I'm going to bed.

Good night darlinks. I love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for
Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Sunshine,
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Sheila’s friend Shirley,
Spoonie, Ringel, and Sheila's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
BDBoop, her sis, and family,
Hombre,
Pix,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Sheila and son Andrew,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj and Nana and friend Tracy,
Sheila's sore foot post surgery healing,
Stat's aunt,
Smilebong for his brother-in-law and family,
Complete healing for Mrs. Ringel and assurance for Ringel
Ollie, Mrs O and family in the loss of their Angie,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
All who are dealing with colds and flu,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is on awaiting the return of Bigfoot, Oddball, Sunshine, Jake and Hobbes.

candle.gif

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Forum List

Back