USMB Coffee Shop IV

I've never even heard of it but I will most defiantly try it.

Take the leftover s'ghetti....dump it in a fry pan. Maybe add just a smidge of olive oil or butter so it doesn't stick....then fry it up! YUM
I like to add shredded mozzarella cheese as I'm frying the leftover spaghetti. I'll add it when I have about 30-40 seconds left, so it melts into the spaghetti.

The Germans call it "Eiernudeln" -

You take the leftover spaghetti from the day before, use Olive Oil and fry it, then mix in 2 or more eggs, stir, and serve.

Take the leftover s'ghetti....dump it in a fry pan. Maybe add just a smidge of olive oil or butter so it doesn't stick....then fry it up! YUM
I like to add shredded mozzarella cheese as I'm frying the leftover spaghetti. I'll add it when I have about 30-40 seconds left, so it melts into the spaghetti.

You take the leftover spaghetti from the day before, use Olive Oil and fry it, then mix in 2 or more eggs, stir, and serve.

You know.... add some shredded peanuts, cilantro, onion, chicken or shrimp or tofu, hot peppers, tamarind, a twist of lime and the right kind of sauce, and you have Pad Thai.

OK that'll work. :thup:

Tomcatfoolery, Day 3:

Taking a break from feline-esque epic failure rescue... here's a couple of shots of my cat elevator invention. A bicycle basket attached to a makeshift pole from a tree limb pruner. This time, unlike before, there's a branch I can actually hang it on instead of trying to hold up and balance 15-20 feet of pole and trying to keep it steady. It's got his orange food bowl in there with a dab of food in it for incentive. Then I tried rigging a stepladder to get some extra height to bring it even closer. At that point it's only a couple of feet away from him -- you can see him peeking out from the leaves in the first shot - the camera flashed in his eye.

So far all he does is look at it and venture out the wrong way. It's not, literally, much of a leap from where he is So at this point he's just being cat-stubborn to not take the leap. If he keeps exhibiting this kind of blockheaded stubbornness I shall have no choice but to get him his own USMB account and put him in the politics forum. :mad:

OK I've cooled off from the hot sun, back to work...

Once you get him done again, assuming that you do, start teaching him to use the basket. Put a towel over it and let him sleep inside of it. Then start using it get him down from low trees outside. Once he is comfortable with it then when he us stuck up a high tree again he will see it as a safe refuge rather than something foreign.

In fact you could even try putting the blanket/pillow from his own bed in there and see if the smell attracts him now.

That's good thinkin'. I figure the food bowl is the incentive but ain't nuttin' wrong with conveying the idea that the basket is OK to jump into.

Can't really put a piece of his bed up there though. I'd lose face. Literally.

What did you make his bed out of? :eek:

Your underwear? :eusa_whistle:

Got some rain about an hour ago, about 10 minutes worth then it started back up about 20 minutes ago. Opened the front door to let some more of the cool air in and OH SHIT!!!! The car windows were still half way down, all four.......

Once you get him done again, assuming that you do, start teaching him to use the basket. Put a towel over it and let him sleep inside of it. Then start using it get him down from low trees outside. Once he is comfortable with it then when he us stuck up a high tree again he will see it as a safe refuge rather than something foreign.

In fact you could even try putting the blanket/pillow from his own bed in there and see if the smell attracts him now.

That's good thinkin'. I figure the food bowl is the incentive but ain't nuttin' wrong with conveying the idea that the basket is OK to jump into.

I've never made him a bed. The only place I know for a fact that he regularly sleeps is in the crook of my arm, next to my face. When the sun comes up.

And while ya'll are contemplating that, here is a photo of Albuquerque yesterday taken from Sandia Peak, the mountain that forms the eastern boundary of the city. The monsoon is here:

10429365_720182211372220_5326146199779838987_n.jpg
And look at that rain! There must be some smiling Albuquerquians this day.

Beautiful photo. :)

Geez! You would think that since the Germans have a word for everything they wouldn't need to keep marching into other countries in order to steal their words! :badgrin:

Sorry, the dogs haven't managed to track down my gallows sense of humor yet. It is still out there running wild! :mad:

I've never made him a bed. The only place I know for a fact that he regularly sleeps is in the crook of my arm, next to my face. When the sun comes up.

And you wonder why he prefers to sleep up in trees? :eusa_whistle:

Geez! You would think that since the Germans have a word for everything they wouldn't need to keep marching into other countries in order to steal their words! :badgrin:

Sorry, the dogs haven't managed to track down my gallows sense of humor yet. It is still out there running wild! :mad:

Ya know why French roads are all tree lined?

To shade the German troops on the march........

Weird. Hasn't been out of the mid-70s here. I'm kinda waiting on my tomatoes to ripen already. They're still green.

They're still green? My tomato plants are almost giving out....I've had so many turn red all at the same time. I chopped a bunch of them and froze them, I've made tons of salsa and even made some pickled green tomatoes...you need some of our sun.

It's been really hot today....in the 90's and we're supposed to get some rain...but it doesn't look like it to me....

Start making "green fried tomatoes" - they are delicious.

My tomatoes are still flowers.

Looking on the positive side, you'll be having nice vine ripened tomatoes when mine will be all gone and my tomato plants have given out.

They're still green? My tomato plants are almost giving out....I've had so many turn red all at the same time. I chopped a bunch of them and froze them, I've made tons of salsa and even made some pickled green tomatoes...you need some of our sun.

It's been really hot today....in the 90's and we're supposed to get some rain...but it doesn't look like it to me....

Start making "green fried tomatoes" - they are delicious.

My tomatoes are still flowers.

Mertex is in south Texas and started way before us, so hers are always gonna be advanced class. I'm just getting the yellowish tinge on the fruits, and sunshine has been elusive lately, so it's excruciatingly gradual here. I tried to pick a quick-maturing variety but will just have to be patient -- but if I'm reduced to frying tomatoes there's no point in growing them. :eusa_snooty:

Well, you don't have to fry all of them....just a few....so you can start getting the taste...:D

Fried Taters are awesome!

Yeah but fried 'maters... not so much :puke:

I dunno, it's like the eating equivalent of taking a shower with all your clothes on. The whole point of a mater is that juicy succulent plump run-down-your-chin sensuality of...

'scuse me, I need a shower... :eusa_shifty:

Er, don't forget to take your clothes off.....:eusa_whistle:

:rofl:

Sorry, the Krauts stopped marching about 70 years ago. These days they build nice gardens and help old ladies cross the street and get cats out of trees...

Oh, [MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION]....

My little one loves Eiernudeln, cuz she gets to put a lot of ketchup on it.

:lol:

Fried Taters are awesome!

I dunno, it's like the eating equivalent of taking a shower with all your clothes on. The whole point of a mater is that juicy succulent plump run-down-your-chin sensuality of...

You know, someone else just said that to me just a few short hours ago...

:eusa_whistle:

FRIED s'ghetti is da best! Throw it in a fry pan until it is almost hashbrowny in texture...then scarf up!

I am pretty much of the live and let live temperament I think, and I am pretty tolerant and eclectic when it comes to trying different cuisines or gratefully eating whatever my host/hostess offers.

But I have to say. . .I don't think I can go with fried spaghetti. It's wrong. I can't tell you why but it just is. :)

Foxy speaks truth. That's just perverse. Like, I dunno, peanut butter and banana sammiches. Or that monstrosity they do in New Orleans -- erster po' boys. :puke:

I like peanut butter on bananas, but no bread.....:D

You know, someone else just said that to me just a few short hours ago...

:eusa_whistle:

Are you on your "grill steaks" date already?

Ever try fried green beans? omg.

Drain 'em, dump 'em in a fry pan with some chopped up bacon and onions, FRY. Gulp, Pat tummy.

No, but I like me some fried cabbage with thinly sliced onions......you can even throw in some slices of sausage....yummmy!

Forum List

Back