USMB Coffee Shop IV

I am pretty much of the live and let live temperament I think, and I am pretty tolerant and eclectic when it comes to trying different cuisines or gratefully eating whatever my host/hostess offers.

But I have to say. . .I don't think I can go with fried spaghetti. It's wrong. I can't tell you why but it just is. :)

Foxy speaks truth. That's just perverse. Like, I dunno, peanut butter and banana sammiches. Or that monstrosity they do in New Orleans -- erster po' boys. :puke:

I like peanut butter on bananas, but no bread.....:D

I need to think pure thoughts, I need to think pure thoughts, I need to think... oh what the hell....

The Germans call it "Eiernudeln" -

You take the leftover spaghetti from the day before, use Olive Oil and fry it, then mix in 2 or more eggs, stir, and serve.

Geez! You would think that since the Germans have a word for everything they wouldn't need to keep marching into other countries in order to steal their words! :badgrin:

Sorry, the dogs haven't managed to track down my gallows sense of humor yet. It is still out there running wild! :mad:

:rofl:

Sorry, the Krauts stopped marching about 70 years ago. These days they build nice gardens and help old ladies cross the street and get cats out of trees...

Oh, [MENTION=41527]Pogo[/MENTION]....

My little one loves Eiernudeln, cuz she gets to put a lot of ketchup on it.

:lol:

Ketchup... :puke3:

World's most pointless condiment ever.

I'm tellin' ya, go for the Pad Thai ingredients. She's already halfway there. Save her before she ..... ketchups again. (ulp)

Geez! You would think that since the Germans have a word for everything they wouldn't need to keep marching into other countries in order to steal their words! :badgrin:

Sorry, the dogs haven't managed to track down my gallows sense of humor yet. It is still out there running wild! :mad:

Sorry, the Krauts stopped marching about 70 years ago. These days they build nice gardens and help old ladies cross the street and get cats out of trees...

I'm tellin' ya, go for the Pad Thai ingredients. She's already halfway there. Save her before she ..... ketchups again. (ulp)

The Ketchup Advisory Board would not be pleased with you. Just ask Garrison Keiller.

Tomcatfoolery, Day 3:

Taking a break from feline-esque epic failure rescue... here's a couple of shots of my cat elevator invention. A bicycle basket attached to a makeshift pole from a tree limb pruner. This time, unlike before, there's a branch I can actually hang it on instead of trying to hold up and balance 15-20 feet of pole and trying to keep it steady. It's got his orange food bowl in there with a dab of food in it for incentive. Then I tried rigging a stepladder to get some extra height to bring it even closer. At that point it's only a couple of feet away from him -- you can see him peeking out from the leaves in the first shot - the camera flashed in his eye.

So far all he does is look at it and venture out the wrong way. It's not, literally, much of a leap from where he is So at this point he's just being cat-stubborn to not take the leap. If he keeps exhibiting this kind of blockheaded stubbornness I shall have no choice but to get him his own USMB account and put him in the politics forum. :mad:

OK I've cooled off from the hot sun, back to work...

If you don't want to wait until the cat gets hungry enough to come down on it's own, call the fire department to rescue your cat. You're going to end up killing yourself over a darned old cat.

FRIED s'ghetti is da best! Throw it in a fry pan until it is almost hashbrowny in texture...then scarf up!

I am pretty much of the live and let live temperament I think, and I am pretty tolerant and eclectic when it comes to trying different cuisines or gratefully eating whatever my host/hostess offers.

But I have to say. . .I don't think I can go with fried spaghetti. It's wrong. I can't tell you why but it just is. :)

Foxy speaks truth. That's just perverse. Like, I dunno, peanut butter and banana sammiches. Or that monstrosity they do in New Orleans -- erster po' boys. :puke:

Wait, what's wrong with peanut butter and banana sandwiches?!

They were good enough for Ernie from Sesame Street! :lol:

Fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches make a nice mid morning snack ... :thup:

good-night-kitten.jpg

Fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches make a nice mid morning snack ... :thup:
Peanut butter and mayonaise is really delicious.

They just opened a new grocery store less than a quarter mile from my place. The prices are steep for most things but they have one feature I think I'll be using often, they have a growler bar. Yup, a variety of local brews on tap, bring your growler, they wash it out and fill it up. I just hope they don't change out the brews I like too often.
Whelp, time to get horizontal for a few hours before I dash off for another night of fun excitement. Looks like I have three flights assigned. Of course, that an all change with little notice, but an easy night otherwise.
The smoked cheddar is cooling, I'll wax it tomorrow and put it into my aging 'fridge. I've sampled a few crumbs and it is gooo-ood! I surely wish I could share it with my CS friends.

Pray tell, what do you put on French Fries?

They just opened a new grocery store less than a quarter mile from my place. The prices are steep for most things but they have one feature I think I'll be using often, they have a growler bar. Yup, a variety of local brews on tap, bring your growler, they wash it out and fill it up. I just hope they don't change out the brews I like too often.
Whelp, time to get horizontal for a few hours before I dash off for another night of fun excitement. Looks like I have three flights assigned. Of course, that an all change with little notice, but an easy night otherwise.
The smoked cheddar is cooling, I'll wax it tomorrow and put it into my aging 'fridge. I've sampled a few crumbs and it is gooo-ood! I surely wish I could share it with my CS friends.

I give up, what' a growler?

Le moutarde of course... what else?

Now there's a real condiment. Doesn't ruin tomatoes... no sugar.... nice bite... I git me a heapin' dollop o' mustard and then smother it in black pepper. Perfect. :thup:

Last edited:

I give up, what' a growler?

Yeah that's a head scratcher. Perhaps it's something like a "swamp cooler"? :dunno:

All I know is he's got fresh cheddar and he's off to sleep. Time to get into the burglary bidness. :eusa_shifty:

I think a growler is a huge cup?

I like ranch dressing with my fries.

And I could eat a mustard sammich and die happy.

Now there's a real condiment. Doesn't ruin tomatoes... no sugar.... nice bite... I git me a heapin' dollop o' mustard and then smother it in black pepper. Perfect. :thup:

Other than maybe vinegar, nothing goes on French Fries as good as Ketchup. Mustard is for the hotdog, or sausage.....nix on fries.:puke3:

Other than maybe vinegar, nothing goes on French Fries as good as Ketchup. Mustard is for the hotdog, or sausage.....nix on fries.:puke3:

I prefer ketchup unless I'm having fish and chips...then I prefer to dip my fries in tartar sauce.

Just try it once. You'll never go back. It's the way the French do it, and they should know.

Next time after that you see a bottle of ketchup you'll go, "what was I thinking?"

Mustard's got vinegar in it anyway. :p

Forum List

Back