USMB Coffee Shop IV

Weird. Hasn't been out of the mid-70s here. I'm kinda waiting on my tomatoes to ripen already. They're still green.

They're still green? My tomato plants are almost giving out....I've had so many turn red all at the same time. I chopped a bunch of them and froze them, I've made tons of salsa and even made some pickled green tomatoes...you need some of our sun.

It's been really hot today....in the 90's and we're supposed to get some rain...but it doesn't look like it to me....

Start making "green fried tomatoes" - they are delicious.

My tomatoes are still flowers.

I have a couple of tiny green bumps on my tomatoes, but lots of flowers!

I think this will be our RV set up if our ship (lost at sea apparently) ever comes in:

1453267_10152372186648238_446058982_n.jpg

All the comforts of home!!!

This one might even be legal to ride in when rolling?

I imagine it would be kind of cramped once all the slide outs (and up) are retracted for travel.

Really?!?!? Never tried that, back in those days before I got into fitness. I DO remember spaghetti was okay, cold, too. :lol: LOVED it better, leftover with some Parmesan and heated hot. :D

FRIED s'ghetti is da best! Throw it in a fry pan until it is almost hashbrowny in texture...then scarf up!

I am pretty much of the live and let live temperament I think, and I am pretty tolerant and eclectic when it comes to trying different cuisines or gratefully eating whatever my host/hostess offers.

But I have to say. . .I don't think I can go with fried spaghetti. It's wrong. I can't tell you why but it just is. :)

I've never even heard of it but I will most defiantly try it.

FRIED s'ghetti is da best! Throw it in a fry pan until it is almost hashbrowny in texture...then scarf up!

I am pretty much of the live and let live temperament I think, and I am pretty tolerant and eclectic when it comes to trying different cuisines or gratefully eating whatever my host/hostess offers.

But I have to say. . .I don't think I can go with fried spaghetti. It's wrong. I can't tell you why but it just is. :)

Take the leftover s'ghetti....dump it in a fry pan. Maybe add just a smidge of olive oil or butter so it doesn't stick....then fry it up! YUM

Hallo!
I just put a batch of aged cheddar in the smoker to make up some smoked cheddar. It's to die for when done and I have lots of folks asking for it. I'll make some tasty cheese spread from the trimmings, too.
I've noticed a pattern lately, it seems to always start raining about the time I get to work, or a little before. Then it rains until just before I get off to come home and take care of my creatures. It's wet enough now that I need the muck boots to take care of the chores.
Ooops, my milk customer has come by to pick up his milk. Back later!

Hallo!
I just put a batch of aged cheddar in the smoker to make up some smoked cheddar. It's to die for when done and I have lots of folks asking for it. I'll make some tasty cheese spread from the trimmings, too.
I've noticed a pattern lately, it seems to always start raining about the time I get to work, or a little before. Then it rains until just before I get off to come home and take care of my creatures. It's wet enough now that I need the muck boots to take care of the chores.

Hallo!

I have GOT to get on your Christmas list :lol:

Take the leftover s'ghetti....dump it in a fry pan. Maybe add just a smidge of olive oil or butter so it doesn't stick....then fry it up! YUM
I like to add shredded mozzarella cheese as I'm frying the leftover spaghetti. I'll add it when I have about 30-40 seconds left, so it melts into the spaghetti.

Done.
This guy's been coming here for milk since I first set up in '07. He's a chemist with a degree from MIT, worked in the mines up here. As far as I know, he now makes wild berry jams and jellies and sells them at the farmers' markets. He understands and is conversant in the chemistry of cheese- and mead-making, as well as a lot of the herbal lore I'm familiar with. It's kinda cool to have someone to communicate with.
Pretty soon, I'll have to go down and milk the goats. I can cut my work time in half if I milk them by hand instead of using the hand pump. I think it's probably more pleasant for them, too, more natural with the pulsating action as opposed to vacuum suction.
Apologies if this is too...controversial. I just thought it was worth a chuckle. What goes through people's minds when they do things like this?

Attachments

• $crackers.jpg
    $crackers.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 67
Done.
This guy's been coming here for milk since I first set up in '07. He's a chemist with a degree from MIT, worked in the mines up here. As far as I know, he now makes wild berry jams and jellies and sells them at the farmers' markets. He understands and is conversant in the chemistry of cheese- and mead-making, as well as a lot of the herbal lore I'm familiar with. It's kinda cool to have someone to communicate with.
Pretty soon, I'll have to go down and milk the goats. I can cut my work time in half if I milk them by hand instead of using the hand pump. I think it's probably more pleasant for them, too, more natural with the pulsating action as opposed to vacuum suction.
Apologies if this is too...controversial. I just thought it was worth a chuckle. What goes through people's minds when they do things like this?

I don't see any problem with it. It's not inflammatory or put there to start an argument. It is there for fun, which I'd assume is cool.

Tomcatfoolery, Day 3:

Taking a break from feline-esque epic failure rescue... here's a couple of shots of my cat elevator invention. A bicycle basket attached to a makeshift pole from a tree limb pruner. This time, unlike before, there's a branch I can actually hang it on instead of trying to hold up and balance 15-20 feet of pole and trying to keep it steady. It's got his orange food bowl in there with a dab of food in it for incentive. Then I tried rigging a stepladder to get some extra height to bring it even closer. At that point it's only a couple of feet away from him -- you can see him peeking out from the leaves in the first shot - the camera flashed in his eye.

So far all he does is look at it and venture out the wrong way. It's not, literally, much of a leap from where he is So at this point he's just being cat-stubborn to not take the leap. If he keeps exhibiting this kind of blockheaded stubbornness I shall have no choice but to get him his own USMB account and put him in the politics forum. :mad:

OK I've cooled off from the hot sun, back to work...

Once you get him done again, assuming that you do, start teaching him to use the basket. Put a towel over it and let him sleep inside of it. Then start using it get him down from low trees outside. Once he is comfortable with it then when he us stuck up a high tree again he will see it as a safe refuge rather than something foreign.

In fact you could even try putting the blanket/pillow from his own bed in there and see if the smell attracts him now.

Tomcatfoolery, Day 3:

Taking a break from feline-esque epic failure rescue... here's a couple of shots of my cat elevator invention. A bicycle basket attached to a makeshift pole from a tree limb pruner. This time, unlike before, there's a branch I can actually hang it on instead of trying to hold up and balance 15-20 feet of pole and trying to keep it steady. It's got his orange food bowl in there with a dab of food in it for incentive. Then I tried rigging a stepladder to get some extra height to bring it even closer. At that point it's only a couple of feet away from him -- you can see him peeking out from the leaves in the first shot - the camera flashed in his eye.

So far all he does is look at it and venture out the wrong way. It's not, literally, much of a leap from where he is So at this point he's just being cat-stubborn to not take the leap. If he keeps exhibiting this kind of blockheaded stubbornness I shall have no choice but to get him his own USMB account and put him in the politics forum. :mad:

OK I've cooled off from the hot sun, back to work...

Once you get him done again, assuming that you do, start teaching him to use the basket. Put a towel over it and let him sleep inside of it. Then start using it get him down from low trees outside. Once he is comfortable with it then when he us stuck up a high tree again he will see it as a safe refuge rather than something foreign.

In fact you could even try putting the blanket/pillow from his own bed in there and see if the smell attracts him now.

That's good thinkin'. I figure the food bowl is the incentive but ain't nuttin' wrong with conveying the idea that the basket is OK to jump into.

Can't really put a piece of his bed up there though. I'd lose face. Literally.

Done.

My wife can attest to that........ :eusa_whistle:

Done.

My wife can attest to that........ :eusa_whistle:

Ummm...OK, I'll take your word for that.

I like to add shredded mozzarella cheese as I'm frying the leftover spaghetti. I'll add it when I have about 30-40 seconds left, so it melts into the spaghetti.

Parmasean works well too. And don't forget to add more garlic!

Well hell. I think some of us should go climb Pogo's tree. Sounds like it would be comfy and we would be waited on real well. :D

Well hell. I think some of us should go climb Pogo's tree. Sounds like it would be comfy and we would be waited on real well. :D

You get yer pitcher taken too.

But you gotta stay up there all night, and through rainstorms, and dodge owls. And no water, fuggetaboudit.

I get it Gracie --- hmph, you just wait until you're facing a dragon looking 'round for a knight. It won't be me -- I'll be at the round table, eating spaghetti before somebody ruins it in a frying pan.
1760.gif

Forum List

Back