USMB Coffee Shop IV

I think this will be our RV set up if our ship (lost at sea apparently) ever comes in:

1453267_10152372186648238_446058982_n.jpg

Leftovers are :thup: Cold pizza, cold fried chicken, cold meatloaf ( sandwiches ) and so many more food items.

Chili for one

Really?!?!? Never tried that, back in those days before I got into fitness. I DO remember spaghetti was okay, cold, too. :lol: LOVED it better, leftover with some Parmesan and heated hot. :D
Leftover thanksgiving turkey is one food that tastes great the next day. I also recall my mom's meatloaf would somehow taste better if we had any leftovers the following day.

When it comes to desserts, homemade apple pie is also great when put in the fridge and eaten the next day. Problem is when Mrs Jughead bakes the pies, and leaves them on the counter to cool off, on occasion, part of the pies don't even make it to dinner, let alone worrying about any leftovers.

My next door neighbor is moving out. That family has been in that house before I bought the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate 24 years ago. The patriarch of the family passed away better than ten years ago and his wife followed him to Glory six months later. Their adult children continued to live there until this week. I shall miss them a lot.

Things started out kinda rocky between me and my next door neighbors. It all started the day I moved in. It was August 1, 1990. A hot and sticky day and not a good day to schlep furniture and appliances. I had all my stuff in storage and rented one of the moving vans they had to move it to Pimplebutt. It was one of those foreign made deals with a windshield the size of a front door at a Macy's store. The driver (me) actually sat in front of the front wheels.

The rental agent pointed to the van and asked, "Can you drive that?". Young, proud and dumb, I answered with supreme confidence, "Yeah. Sure."

One of my friends helping out with the move stood beside the curb in front of my new house and waved me into the parking space the way folks wave 747s around on the tarmac of the airport. I wheeled the beast left, then right and looked at my buddy as he winced in horror. I did feel a bit of a bump just before I threw it into Park.

"That's two, maybe three thousand dollars of damage right there." said my friend calmly. I walked to the back of the moving van where I saw the step bumper had brushed against the left front fender, headlight bezel, turn signal indicator, grill and trim on my neighbor's pick up truck. I pulled all that stuff off and my shoulders slumped. That brought out the first wave of curious neighbors.

So, I had to go next door, introduce myself as both your new neighbor and the guy who just wrecked your truck. I knocked at the front door which was open but the storm door was shut. Their TV was on and I noticed someone sitting on the sofa. They did not get up to answer my knock. Again I knocked and again, no response. I turned around and with that, my neighbor saw my reflection on his TV screen.

"Hi! I'm your new neighbor!" I started charmingly. "What?" answered my neighbor cupping his hand to his ear. As it turned out, he served our nation in World War II in an artillery unit. Consequently, he was deaf as a post. "I'M YOUR NEW NEIGHBOR AND I JUST WRECKED YOUR TRUCK!" I shouted. And that brought out the second wave of curious neighbors.

We took a good look at the wrecked pick up truck and called the cops. When they arrived, the third and final wave of curious neighbors gathered around.

That was August 1 and my insurance agent was due back from his vacation two weeks later. And that's what delayed the claim from being processed swiftly. My next door neighbors were on me like a coat of paint for the following month asking where's the money.

Finally, by Labor Day, the check came. But every day I drove home passed an American Legion post and saw that mashed up pick up truck parked in the Legion lot. 'That son of a bitch is drinking that check!' I thought. 'If that's the case, I would have bought him a keg of beer and called it a day!'

They never repaired the damage to the truck. It sat next to my new home a constant reminder of my parking mistake on the day I moved in.

Well, the reason they did not repair the truck was...

Their youngest son, who was in his early 20s at the time, was goofing off out at Grimm's Bridge (a wooded area next to Little Beaver Creek). He had fallen from a tree while under the influence and broke his neck. He was fitted with one of those halo arraignments that immobilize your skull and you could also get free HBO if you connected a wire between it and your television set. They used the insurance check from me to defray his hospital expenses.

But, 24 years is a lot of water under the bridge and our neighborly relationship blossomed into a healthy one. Until today when the last of the family closes the door and turns over the keys to a new resident.

Last edited:
Chili for one

Really?!?!? Never tried that, back in those days before I got into fitness. I DO remember spaghetti was okay, cold, too. :lol: LOVED it better, leftover with some Parmesan and heated hot. :D
Leftover thanksgiving turkey is one food that tastes great the next day. I also recall my mom's meatloaf would somehow taste better if we had any leftovers the following day.

When it comes to desserts, homemade apple pie is also great when put in the fridge and eaten the next day. Problem is when Mrs Jughead bakes the pies, and leaves them on the counter to cool off, on occasion, part of the pies don't even make it to dinner, let alone worrying about any leftovers.

Now, if only you tell me that the thief ate that pie with a silver spoon, then we have:

La gazza Ladra!!!
(The thieving Magpie)

It's all the bird's fault!!!! Yeah, that's it.

(Enjoy the Overtüre, it's fun!)

Last edited by a moderator:
So, as everyone who has woken up and discovered that they are still breathing has discovered, today is Friday!

My brain has decided to start the weekend early and refuses to do any serious work at all. At least that is my excuse and I am sticking with it. :D

Oh, and for those who aren't still breathing the good news is that you no longer have to pay any bills. :badgrin: Sorry, my gallows sense of humor has escaped again. The dogs are tracking it and we hope to have it back in it's cage sooner rather than later. :D

300px-2x4_MerCreatureMain.jpg

Have a good one, folks!

My next door neighbor is moving out. That family has been in that house before I bought the Luxurious Pimplebutt Estate 24 years ago. The patriarch of the family passed away better than ten years ago and his wife followed him to Glory six months later. Their adult children continued to live there until this week. I shall miss them a lot.

Things started out kinda rocky between me and my next door neighbors. It all started the day I moved in. It was August 1, 1990. A hot and sticky day and not a good day to schlep furniture and appliances. I had all my stuff in storage and rented one of the moving vans they had to move it to Pimplebutt. It was one of those foreign made deals with a windshield the size of a front door at a Macy's store. The driver (me) actually sat in front of the front wheels.

The rental agent pointed to the van and asked, "Can you drive that?". Young, proud and dumb, I answered with supreme confidence, "Yeah. Sure."

One of my friends helping out with the move stood beside the curb in front of my new house and waved me into the parking space the way folks wave 747s around on the tarmac of the airport. I wheeled the beast left, then right and looked at my buddy as he winced in horror. I did feel a bit of a bump just before I threw it into Park.

"That's two, maybe three thousand dollars of damage right there." said my friend calmly. I walked to the back of the moving van where I saw the step bumper had brushed against the left front fender, headlight bezel, turn signal indicator, grill and trim on my neighbor's pick up truck. I pulled all that stuff off and my shoulders slumped. That brought out the first wave of curious neighbors.

So, I had to go next door, introduce myself as both your new neighbor and the guy who just wrecked your truck. I knocked at the front door which was open but the storm door was shut. Their TV was on and I noticed someone sitting on the sofa. They did not get up to answer my knock. Again I knocked and again, no response. I turned around and with that, my neighbor saw my reflection on his TV screen.

"Hi! I'm your new neighbor!" I started charmingly. "What?" answered my neighbor cupping his hand to his ear. As it turned out, he served our nation in World War II in an artillery unit. Consequently, he was deaf as a post. "I'M YOUR NEW NEIGHBOR AND I JUST WRECKED YOUR TRUCK!" I shouted. And that brought out the second wave of curious neighbors.

We took a good look at the wrecked pick up truck and called the cops. When they arrived, the third and final wave of curious neighbors gathered around.

That was August 1 and my insurance agent was due back from his vacation two weeks later. And that's what delayed the claim from being processed swiftly. My next door neighbors were on me like a coat of paint for the following month asking where's the money.

Finally, by Labor Day, the check came. But every day I drove home passed an American Legion post and saw that mashed up pick up truck parked in the Legion lot. 'That son of a bitch is drinking that check!' I thought. 'If that's the case, I would have bought him a keg of beer and called it a day!'

They never repaired the damage to the truck. It sat next to my new home a constant reminder of my parking mistake on the day I moved in.

Well, the reason they did not repair the truck was...

Their youngest son, who was in his early 20s at the time, was goofing off out at Grimm's Bridge (a wooded area next to Little Beaver Creek. He had fallen from a tree while under the influence and broke his neck. He was fitted with one of those halo arraignments that immobilize your skull and you could also get free HBO if you connected a wire between it and your television set. They used the insurance check from me to defray his hospital expenses.

But, 24 years is a lot of water under the bridge and our neighborly relationship blossomed into a healthy one. Until today when the last of the family closes the door and turns over the keys to a new resident.

That is one helluva history, and incredibly well written.

Well.

Apparently, lots of things happen at Pimplebutt Estate!

So, as everyone who has woken up and discovered that they are still breathing has discovered, today is Friday!

My brain has decided to start the weekend early and refuses to do any serious work at all. At least that is my excuse and I am sticking with it. :D

Oh, and for those who aren't still breathing the good news is that you no longer have to pay any bills. :badgrin: Sorry, my gallows sense of humor has escaped again. The dogs are tracking it and we hope to have it back in it's cage sooner rather than later. :D

Have a good one, folks!

Deri, you really need to work on those two front teeth.

Here, this could help:

:rofl:

My brother called, all the checks from the investments (part of the estate) have been mailed or will be mailed soon, waiting to hear from the Credit Union loan officer whether we can purchase my parent's house, he's trying to get us a better rate. We'll buy out my three brothers less my quarter and probably put an extra 20K down. Should have my SSDI soon with 20 months back pay so we'll be sitting pretty for a while.
For the time being we'll still be living and working in Trinidad but my wife's income will more than cover the rent, the mortgage and all the bills plus other expenses and still have some disposable income.
I'll work on the house getting it fixed up, repainting the walls (everything is in damn semi-gloss), refinishing the hardwood floors, replacing the downstairs carpet with Pergo type flooring, etc, etc, etc.
Have to set up an estate/yard sale for next weekend so I'm gonna be busy.
There'll also be another good sized check after October tenth when the estate is finally clear for final distribution.

Last edited:

Have a good one, folks!

Here, this could help:

Oh, and speaking of Christmas in July, in need to hire some new help for Cheers!

Should I hire these lovely young ladies:

Santas-sexy-helpers.jpg

Or these:

11sexy-and-funny-xmas-pics.jpg

????????

Tough choice.

I report, you vote.

Have a good one, folks!

Here, this could help:

Oh, and speaking of Christmas in July, in need to hire some new help for Cheers!

Should I hire these lovely young ladies:

Santas-sexy-helpers.jpg

Or these:

11sexy-and-funny-xmas-pics.jpg

????????

Tough choice.

I report, you vote.

[ ] Group 1
[ ] Group 2
[X] Yes

On this day in history - July 11 - in. . . . .

1796 – The United States takes possession of Detroit from Great Britain under terms of the Jay Treaty. I wonder who got the better deal out of that?

1798 – The United States Marine Corps is re-established; they had been disbanded after the American Revolutionary War. (This one for 007 and our other Marines)

1914 – Babe Ruth makes his debut in Major League Baseball. Not one of us has ever seen him play, but I bet every one of us knows who he is.

1922 – The Hollywood Bowl opens. Has anybody ever been There?

1960 – To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee is first published, in the United States. One of those books few have read but all intend to get around to reading sometime.

1962 – Project Apollo: NASA announces lunar orbit rendezvous as the means to land astronauts on the Moon, and return them to Earth and the Apollo project is underway.

2012 – Astronomers announce the discovery of Styx, the fifth moon of Pluto. Isn't it odd that a 'planet' so teensy that it was declassified as a planet would have so many moons?

I had the honor of not only the Hollywood Bowl but the entertainment that evening was Ella Fitzgerald. By then she was old and frail and needed help walking onstage but when the music started it was all Ella. :thup:

Last edited:
I have my morning coffee, and my neighbor lady sent me over a home-made loaf of Banana Bread, so the day is off to a good start already.
The sun is shining here in Alabama, and I may even go outside and play in the garden for a little while before it gets too hot and I have to come back inside.
We have had so much rain this year that my tomatoes are all just tall and scrawny, and only one little tomato on there so far. With the sunshine coming in now, maybe I will get a few more tomatoes.

Leftovers are :thup: Cold pizza, cold fried chicken, cold meatloaf ( sandwiches ) and so many more food items.

Chili for one

FRIED s'ghetti is da best! Throw it in a fry pan until it is almost hashbrowny in texture...then scarf up!

Overcast here with the fog that rolled in last night. It might burn off later this afternoon. If not, no biggie. But it IS a good day to take Karma to the pet store so she can pick out her own stuffed baby. I do this once every 2 weeks just to get her out of the house and she likes the mini trip. :)

What is this thing called "work" everyone is talking about? Is it like watering flowers and stuff? Speaking of flowers, it's that time of year when it's in the upper 90's every day. I have plants that thrive in the heat but my Hydraengea's, Hibiscus and Goober Daisies will wilt if you don't give them a good soaking. It's amazing to water a wilting plant and watch it perk up before your very eyes.

Weird. Hasn't been out of the mid-70s here. I'm kinda waiting on my tomatoes to ripen already. They're still green.

They're still green? My tomato plants are almost giving out....I've had so many turn red all at the same time. I chopped a bunch of them and froze them, I've made tons of salsa and even made some pickled green tomatoes...you need some of our sun.

It's been really hot today....in the 90's and we're supposed to get some rain...but it doesn't look like it to me....

Start making "green fried tomatoes" - they are delicious.

My tomatoes are still flowers.

Well the new cast is navy blue. One more week and with luck I'll get a boot, although he's now talking about a walking cast. Just the thought makes my leg itch. But hey, at least I'll be able to stand and walk.. My knee is hurting real bad now, but it's probably due to the scooter.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Weird. Hasn't been out of the mid-70s here. I'm kinda waiting on my tomatoes to ripen already. They're still green.

They're still green? My tomato plants are almost giving out....I've had so many turn red all at the same time. I chopped a bunch of them and froze them, I've made tons of salsa and even made some pickled green tomatoes...you need some of our sun.

It's been really hot today....in the 90's and we're supposed to get some rain...but it doesn't look like it to me....

Start making "green fried tomatoes" - they are delicious.

My tomatoes are still flowers.

Mertex is in south Texas and started way before us, so hers are always gonna be advanced class. I'm just getting the yellowish tinge on the fruits, and sunshine has been elusive lately, so it's excruciatingly gradual here. I tried to pick a quick-maturing variety but will just have to be patient -- but if I'm reduced to frying tomatoes there's no point in growing them. :eusa_snooty:

Forum List

Back