USMB Coffee Shop IV

Cats...I love cats. Its nearly five years since I said goodbye to my Gracie Baby.
She used to climb, too. Just onto a fence post, and up into the fernery where she'd lie on the netting above the plants. She wouldn't climb down, though. Oh no. I would come out and call her name, she would lazily get up, walk over to the edge of the roof, and I would hold out my hands, lifting them up, and she would step down into my arms.

I spoiled her rotten, I admit.

it-s-friday_260557-480x.jpeg

Good morning, Coffee Shop crowd. Nice morning here but rain later today. Feeling a little lazy today. Coffee is good so I think I should have a second cup right away. I don't plan on doing anything today and I'm hoping Mrs. BBD will go along with my plan. It would be a shame to ruin a nice day like this with some sort of chores. I've given some thought to going back to bed but I don't want to be labeled as "lazy" so I'll stay up and when the opportunity allows for it, I will nap in the recliner. I looked up lazy in the Webster's and it doesn't match up with the way I'm feeling today. Now that I'm older, I feel I should begin to slow down a bit... I have to pace myself if I'm going to live to be 103!

Foxfyre, thank you for both the warm welcome to the Coffee Shop and for the Cappuccino; it was just the way I like it !
You know I will for sure be coming back to the Coffee Shop a whole lot more, and looking forward to the company and good conversation with everyone.

PS Are there donuts or apple fritters , maybe ???

Yes, those are all that are left this morning, for I did away with all the jelly-filled last night. :eusa_shhh:

Pretties loved climbing...but I was lucky and she never climbed trees. BUT..she did sprint up AND down....drumroll...LADDERS. Thats how she would get up on the roof of the house, the sheds, the garage. We had ladders for her because she so loved climbing on them...and I had the brainstorm to let her climb up on the house so I put the ladder there so she could. And she did. So the ladder idea on the tree is a good one.

I love the name you gave her. Pretties. :smiliehug:

Foxfyre, thank you for both the warm welcome to the Coffee Shop and for the Cappuccino; it was just the way I like it !
You know I will for sure be coming back to the Coffee Shop a whole lot more, and looking forward to the company and good conversation with everyone.

Hello LadySunshine. :) I welcome you, CeeCee and BluesMistress to the sweetest place in the community: the USMB Coffee Shop IV. It's all right here. :thup:

My business week just ended, and it was one hell of a week. Off to buy some groceries for the weekend: a lady friend of mine is coming over and we are going to grill some steaks, plus some good German potato salad and tabouli (goes well together).

The dinner will be great. The dessert will be even better.

:D

Yes, those are all that are left this morning, for I did away with all the jelly-filled last night. :eusa_shhh:
Luckily there are some left. Around these here parts, leftovers of any type usually don't last the night ...

fridge-38.gif

Luckily there are some left. Around these here parts, leftovers of any type usually don't last the night ...

fridge-38.gif

Leftovers are :thup: Cold pizza, cold fried chicken, cold meatloaf ( sandwiches ) and so many more food items.

My business week just ended, and it was one hell of a week. Off to buy some groceries for the weekend: a lady friend of mine is coming over and we are going to grill some steaks, plus some good German potato salad and tabouli (goes well together).

The dinner will be great. The dessert will be even better.

:D
Tabouli salad is great. One of my favorite meals is shish kebab (grilled tenderloin meat on a stick) with tabouli salad on the side, rice, fried seasoned potatoes, and both chick pea and garlic dipping sauces.

On this day in history - July 11 - in. . . . .

1796 – The United States takes possession of Detroit from Great Britain under terms of the Jay Treaty. I wonder who got the better deal out of that?

1798 – The United States Marine Corps is re-established; they had been disbanded after the American Revolutionary War. (This one for 007 and our other Marines)

1914 – Babe Ruth makes his debut in Major League Baseball. Not one of us has ever seen him play, but I bet every one of us knows who he is.

1922 – The Hollywood Bowl opens. Has anybody ever been There?

1960 – To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee is first published, in the United States. One of those books few have read but all intend to get around to reading sometime.

1962 – Project Apollo: NASA announces lunar orbit rendezvous as the means to land astronauts on the Moon, and return them to Earth and the Apollo project is underway.

2012 – Astronomers announce the discovery of Styx, the fifth moon of Pluto. Isn't it odd that a 'planet' so teensy that it was declassified as a planet would have so many moons?

fridge-38.gif

Leftovers are :thup: Cold pizza, cold fried chicken, cold meatloaf ( sandwiches ) and so many more food items.

Chili for one

Really?!?!? Never tried that, back in those days before I got into fitness. I DO remember spaghetti was okay, cold, too. :lol: LOVED it better, leftover with some Parmesan and heated hot. :D

Forum List

Back