USMB Coffee Shop IV

And okay now I am confused. I see that I repeated myself re the meteor shower tonight. I could have sworn when I checked last night my post #55052 was not there. So I repeated it in post #55055. This morning #55052 is there. Too late to edit or delete either.

Very frustrating. This board has been acting very strangely for me this week.

And okay now I am confused. I see that I repeated myself re the meteor shower tonight. I could have sworn when I checked last night my post #55052 was not there. So I repeated it in post #55055. This morning #55052 is there. Too late to edit or delete either.

Very frustrating. This board has been acting very strangely for me this week.

Don't worry, all your posts are welcome instead of anything! :)

Special thoughts and prayers for those dealing with the terrible fires tonight and sending some healing vibes for drifter's and gallantwarrior's colds.

Good night darlinks, I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Boedicca, her dad, brother, and family,
Sherry's Mom for treatment to be successful,
The Ringels in difficult transition
Dana, Foxfyre's friend recovering from heart transplant
Mr. and Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
007's brother-in-law for a full recovery,
Saveliberty for positive resolution for difficult transition,
Mr. and Mrs. Peach174 for full recovery from setback,
Comfort to Mrs. Saveliberty & family in the loss of her brother,
And for our students, job hunters, others in transition.

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, AgainSheila, Esthermoon, SFC Ollie, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

Autumn in New Mexico
15032243_10206061588698618_8062939137506923097_n.jpg
I do miss the smells of Albuquerque

At least it usually is quite a bit better than some of the northeastern cities Nosmo et al have been describing. :)
I remember Down town Central Ave being pretty smoky at times, but this time of year, it always smelled like supper.

Special thoughts and prayers for those dealing with the terrible fires tonight and sending some healing vibes for drifter's and gallantwarrior's colds.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or positive thoughts and/or keep vigil for

Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness,
007's brother-in-law for a full recovery,
Comfort to Mrs. Saveliberty & family in the loss of her brother,

And the light is left on for Noomi, Freedombecki, AgainSheila, Esthermoon, SFC Ollie, and all others we hope are okay and will return to us.

Autumn in New Mexico
15032243_10206061588698618_8062939137506923097_n.jpg
I do miss the smells of Albuquerque

At least it usually is quite a bit better than some of the northeastern cities Nosmo et al have been describing. :)
I remember Down town Central Ave being pretty smoky at times, but this time of year, it always smelled like supper.

Not so much these days because so many of the old iconic dinners and small restaurants that used to be everywhere downtown have closed. But there are still a few places to whiff when the wind is right. :)

Sitting here in the Dodge dealership finally getting the passenger side airbag replaced....... The company that originally made the bags had gone out of business due to massive recalls but finally someone else started making em.
In the waiting room was this really cute 20 something eye candy then she came up to a guy (she apparently knew) sitting almost next to me and opened her mouth........ What came out was non stop junior high teeny-bopper........ :doubt:
Like... like... like... like...

On a side note I have a large collection of natural disaster movies, and in several folks are out watching meteor showers or comets or such and they observe an anomaly that creates a doomsday situation for Planet Earth unless some brilliant scientist figures out a way to save us all. On the bright side, they almost always do. :)

It said on twitter that a meteor the size of a bus flew past the earth last night. It was well within the orbit of the moon which is very close in astronomical terms.
Well, here comes another one...

Bus-sized Asteroid heading for Earth TODAY after string of near-miss encounters

Don't forget to look for the meteors tonight.

Nosmo's mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Kat's sister,
Ringel's injured shoulder and general wellness
Strength and stamina for gallantwarrior in his relocation project,

Autumn in Arizona. (The yellow plants are our native chamisa.)
MG_3705_FB.jpg

Yawn. . . blink. . .did anybody go out to look for the meteors last night? I did go out, saw a few, and then went to bed.

Hmmmm, I just scanned the first paragraphs of the article 007 linked yesterday--no big deal. This morning I read it to the end to see this:

Doomsayers believe a huge alien world called Nibiru or Planet X is hurtling through space towards us – and will hit tomorrow.

The planet will cause devastation on Earth with a direct hit or catastrophic near miss, believers warn.​

So that would be today. Oh well. I'm going to go fix breakfast.

Yawn. . . blink. . .did anybody go out to look for the meteors last night? I did go out, saw a few, and then went to bed.

I looked in the sky while taking the dog out at one in the morning, but didn't see anything. :p

There were about 25 meteors per hour at peak so unless you stayed out for several minutes, it is likely you wouldn't see one. I stayed out with binculars watching for about 15 minutes and saw a couple though the city has too much light pollution for really good viewing. You are in one of the areas rated 'good' for viewing on the map though.

Hopped into the Prius to take the wife to her PT job and halfway down the street noticed I had no dashboard indicators showing. Pulled over and tried to turn it off then back on but it wouldn't turn off so I took her to work then headed over to the dealership. Temporarily loosing the dash indicators had been going on rarely for a couple of years but not the power off issue so I already knew the Combination Meter (dashboard indicator panel) was slowly dying. The service manager showed me how to bypass the meter and shut off the car as well as restore the indicator lights so I'll continue to do that as long as I can, it's almost a grand to replace the meter and the car will have to sit for at least a week more likely two weeks. The odometer mileage is stored electronically and the replacement has to show the exact same mileage.

I looked in the sky while taking the dog out at one in the morning, but didn't see anything. :p

There were about 25 meteors per hour at peak so unless you stayed out for several minutes, it is likely you wouldn't see one. I stayed out with binculars watching for about 15 minutes and saw a couple though the city has too much light pollution for really good viewing. You are in one of the areas rated 'good' for viewing on the map though.

I was only out for 5 minutes or so, and I don't know if it's better to focus on one area of the sky or pan around looking.

I was only out for 5 minutes or so, and I don't know if it's better to focus on one area of the sky or pan around looking.

Hard to say. They don't seem to be concentrated in any specific part of the sky. But like Sunday, there will be like 12 per hour so the odds of seeing one or two aren't all that good.

Forum List

Back